"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:19:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to Deal with Irrelevant Forum Posts  (Read 1932 times)

How to Deal with Irrelevant Forum Posts
« on: May 12, 2012, 06:54:24 pm »

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new here, and I always give any game I play the ultimate try before I rage quit and write my reviews.  I'm truly trying to enjoy my time here, however I'm having a bit of trouble staying on topic with forum posts as a result a particular forum account.

My question is this:

Is there a plan of attack to take care of posters who post nothing but irrelevant things in threads?

I know that irrelevant posts in a thread or "spam" are typically dealt with in spam, and it makes it extremely difficult to keep a conversation going whenever this person joins the conversation with spam.

If there is a way to report these people or something, I'd surely like to know.

If not, how do you guys typically deal with the morons of the "wastes"?
Re: How to Deal with Irrelevant Forum Posts
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 06:57:21 pm »

Dear Vic Holt, we reporting those morons like you say to overseer, than, when he is not with family and have time or fonline, instead of updating or scripting and removing bugs from fonline he doo this hard task - moderate forum and removing bad messages.

Let the Force be with You.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 07:00:40 pm »

How do you message the overseer? And can you try harder to sound fluent?  Google has a free translator that probably spent more years in class than you.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 07:03:16 pm »

How do you message the overseer? And can you try harder to sound fluent?  Google has a free translator that probably spent more years in class than you.

You can "report to moderator" the post you find is messing up a topic.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 07:24:46 pm »

You can "report to moderator" the post you find is messing up a topic.

Thankyou very much.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 07:46:26 pm »

When you report to moderator, please write something more than
"This is spam" or "I think this guy is multi account user" etc...

As much you write information, more faster solutions happens and guys got banned <3
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »

When you report to moderator, please write something more than
"This is spam" or "I think this guy is multi account user" etc...

As much you write information, more faster solutions happens and guys got banned <3

Thanks for tip, I wrote a fairly thorough report, detailing that Bambi seems to just be posting irrelevant gibberish, all the while trying to "enforce" his own brand of forum justice... which I'm sure mods don't appreciate, since it makes them look like bad when a moron is enforcing their website.

Hopefully it gets dealt with.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 08:19:01 pm »

Thanks for tip, I wrote a fairly thorough report, detailing that Bambi seems to just be posting irrelevant gibberish, all the while trying to "enforce" his own brand of forum justice... which I'm sure mods don't appreciate, since it makes them look like bad when a moron is enforcing their website.

Hopefully it gets dealt with.
violent language is retarded, y know.
deal with it. wasteland is harsh.
hope u enjoy urself here with all of your insults and ur flamewar.

Let the Force be with You.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 08:23:43 pm »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,8.0.html

You should read this, Vic Holt.

All threads eventually go off topic although yes some people like Bambi often post very irrelevant posts but when you want to get someones shit edited/deleted or them banned you should try to follow the rules which includes not flaming someone as you did quite recently (I believe it was calling Bambi a faggot) You insult the community here, calling us worse than the WoW community and you expect people to be kind to you?

This is our community, it is not like any other community and there will always be those who people believe to be assholes in all communities, that doesn't mean you should insult us as a whole.  Bambi isn't "enforcing" anything on the forum besides his opinion however off-topic/irrelevant to the thread it may be.  With your thinking about leaving already I highly doubt this community is something you can handle.  If you decide to stay in the wasteland I wish you good luck, if you decide to leave I'm sure we will survive without you or you could even become one of the many people who do not contribute at all and just browse the forum.

P.S. for easily answered questions you should post in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,18127.705.html

Have a nice day.
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 08:26:07 pm »

ignore them and stop whining OP,it's fucking internet,what do you expect.yeah there are trolls and douchebags, same as everywhere
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 08:47:53 pm »

Dealing with Irrelevant Forum Posts 101.

Lesson 1:

Banned

Lesson 2:

Banned

What a thoroughly self explanatory thread...

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 11:42:14 pm »

I am a proud idiot and I will tell you the best way to treat us kind and innocent folk is to nod your head and laugh like hell. Taking us seriously will not benefit either party.
power
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 03:27:22 am »

Vic Holt is teh FOnline forum po-leece.

Respect his authoritai.
Iguana Pete's sister

Hects Hakal

• The Sarmatians
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 04:49:49 pm »

Vic Holt i hope that i will meet you in game-target practice

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 05:12:26 pm »

Vic Holt i hope that i will meet you in game-target practice
What did he do that was so wrong? He was just reacting to Bambi's constant trolling.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 22 queries.