"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 01:02:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bethesda Announces The Elder Scrolls Online + DLC to skyrim  (Read 5076 times)

Uftak

• Wicked&Ugly
Re: Bethesda Announces The Elder Scrolls Online + DLC to skyrim
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 09:37:41 am »

Morrowind beats Skyrim.
End of the story.
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 10:16:59 pm »

I'm going to have to disagree. Morrowind was one of my favourite games of all time, but it was annoying as fuck compared to skyrim.  Cliff racers biting your ass as you trek for hours across a red sandstorn looking for the next step in a quest. I had over 200 hours logged before I even got to the main quest because of the directions " find the two rocks by the tree and everything looked like low poly ass. That and only the argonians had the capacity to look cool. My white haired blind old man that has mastered all magic and can transform into a giant tossing villager rape machine is pretty much the most epic thing ever. You should see how awesomely I decorated my keep. Morrowind I had skulls stacked around the frame of my basement apt and took orders from a crackhead skooma bum.

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 10:49:17 pm »

Morrowind is nice because of quests, the only reason to install Oblivion (before Skyrim was out) was to download Morroblivion mod later and play Morrowind in Oblivion engine for those who dislike old graphics and want new combat system, there were no other use for Oblivion, as its quests, environment and story line was fail, they would get more success if they just recreated Morrowind updating graphics and making combat more diverse.
As for Skyrim, they tried to make it more interesting by adding repeatable quests (who ever will do it in single player game?) and a lot useless stuff in game that took them days and weeks and may be months to implement, but it getting boring in 1 minute, or even less, a lot stuff that suits multiplayer game, where others can see you doing something and see your progress. But still Skyrim, the same as Oblivion and Morrowind, Fallout 3 and FNV, require plugins/mods to be playable and enjoyable. So it's just raw products for modders to allow them make their own game.
Also if compare all TES, Daggerfall is much better than Morrowind, yes, it has boring quests (like all repeatable Skyrim quests), but character building, as one of the most important things in RPGs, was much better than in Morrowind and obviously Skyrim. Skyrim's character building was buffed by perks and also debuffed by removing stats, poor devs explained it by saying "You just click INT to get more mana, so why don't you just raise your mana instead?", stupid idiots forgot that there are modders who will do it better than they and make it more complicated, so now it will need more work for them to restore attributes back to make character building better, than it is now, but I don't think they ever will do it better than in Daggerfall (btw Daggerfall had some kind of perks too, that you picked at 1st level :D), so they just degraded at Morrowind and now they are returning back, but still they are worse than before, and for character making Daggerfall beats Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. So Morrowind isn't that perfect.

As for Skyrim online - it's good move, because they will use it's name to insta-raise popularity for this MMO and get a lot money, but also they will need to change their team, whole team. Or else they will need to make it not MMO, but some game with "instances and rooms" where people will be able to play it with their friends, and be able mod and do everything themselves, because without modders they will just make raw MMO, and how people can mod MMO? Also it'll have some % that it'll crash after each action or if you'll alt-tab and there will be a lot bugs and other bad stuff... no, they really don't need to make MMOs.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 11:28:17 pm »

morrowind is the best because it was not easy. you had to find stuff on your own and the world is hugh and even bigger and more quest if you download tamerial rebuilt mod. morrowind is the best hands down. skyrim is good but compared to morrowind its a big terd in a toilet.
Roaming the waste again.

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 11:32:45 pm »

i really dislike that pc and xbox got the same shity unbalanced games now... even x box user can´t moding this crap.. bad.. :(
...But still Skyrim, the same as Oblivion and Morrowind, Fallout 3 and FNV, require plugins/mods to be playable and enjoyable. So it's just raw products for modders to allow them make their own game.
thats so true. i have played everyone of those and didnt like modding because i always thought it would disturb the balance and stuff.. but throwing fallout 3 into my trashcan changed my opinion and i modded fallout new vegas as hell. and its a very good game now. after few hardcore mods and level caps
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 11:37:53 pm by John.Metzger »
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 09:14:11 am »

Morrowind wasn't hard because it had a shitty map and slow ass travel, hell it wasn't hard period. The best you could do was the boots of blinding speed and that required being an orc and turning up the brightness. You could get the same experience in skyrim by not using quest markers or fast travel or horses. I think its been too many years you only remember the good aspects of the game. Only thing that was really lost is flight spells and custom spells.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 03:06:31 am »

Morrowind was the best, don't you remember the very first exciting moment you wanted to smash that ant-like thing?
Swing, swing, swing, swing - still full health bar, why?
Lol it farted, and now you can't move, why?

But then again, in Oblivion they had a great idea - let's make the game progressively harder depending on how long you play, and not on what you are doing! Didn't get +5 stat? Nvm, your enemies always do!

What about Skyrim? Maybe too simplified? Felt good, but the crafting was done as if it was some kind of MMO game, and same was with those rebellion quests.

NVM though, fans will fix it as always, and the game will play ten times more than any biocrap spew at us.
The one thing is however interesting. That's how original pieces of game are being removed or replaced.
From one POV it'd be that they are going after money so that they want majority of the players understand and play it.
On other hand, from different POV, is not it really only because it never worked, and what is now mainstream was tested by ages and required many to fail just to prove it?
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

700noob007

• Woah, sneaker!
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 05:58:00 am »

..... elder scrolls online. yes when this comes out i will never see any of you again..... or anyone ever again, forever alone in some basement.
go to jail.

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 09:13:20 am »

I think if quests from Morrowind are in Skyrim game, that will be the best tes ;D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 09:26:24 am »

morrowind with all the obvious improvements would be...

MMmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmm...  awesome as hell obviously!

But knowing bethesda these days they'd force voice acting in and won't be able to get everyone's lines in, thus, missing quests...  missing dialogue... etc.... >:(
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Blazekin

My characters are Blazekin(crafter), Arcanine(pve), and Entei(pvp) Ninetails(got that charisma shit) Vulpix(sneakin around and stuff).
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 10:01:11 am »

Looks pretty neat.
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 10:15:03 am »

While the shaders and general renderer definitely got improved, Morrowind suddenly having lush green meadows everywhere is a fail. The strange barren landscape together with things like those mushrooms or the strangw architecture in the inner lands where a big part of Morrowinds charm. Making the landscape better whilst leaving the character models and their stiff animations untouched makes the game even more uncanny than Bethesdas games already are.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 01:23:59 pm »

I agree, models are just plain bad.
But why'd there not be some green in the swamp? I doubt very much that they removed all those wastelands around. IIRC starting place was kind of swamp, and eastern side of the island was full of steppes. At the time it looked absolutely fantastic.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 02:21:27 pm »

I agree, models are just plain bad.
But why'd there not be some green in the swamp? I doubt very much that they removed all those wastelands around. IIRC starting place was kind of swamp, and eastern side of the island was full of steppes. At the time it looked absolutely fantastic.

Unless they didn't change it back the last time I checked this mod there were green trees and green ye olde standard fantasy grass (like the one in oblivion) everywhere around the freaking island, not just the starting swampy area. :/
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.