"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:26:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Character model depending on stats  (Read 3194 times)

Re: Character model depending on stats
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 02:25:34 pm »

There is something quite amusing about the thought of a fat sniper. Don't ask me why. It seems like it'd be a cool character, not just in FOnline.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 02:45:26 pm »

i know same thing...

fat sniper cannot hide :P

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 02:47:08 pm »

no actually "how it is" and how it has always been in fallout world that  your stats dont have anything to do with appearance, and we do not need to change that.
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 02:49:56 pm »

no actually "how it is" and how it has always been in fallout world that  your stats dont have anything to do with appearance

That's because of technical reasons, it's not an argument any more.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 03:06:36 pm »

That's because of technical reasons, it's not an argument any more.

i am talking not about fonline, i am talking about all fallouts.
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 06:51:50 pm »

Personally I thought it was retarded that in Fallout 3 everyone has the same body type regardless of stats, 10 str chars should be ripped, end should be husky and agi should be thin. 10 luck should have a 12 inch penis.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 06:56:54 pm »

fuck yeah

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 09:38:05 pm »

Can somebody strong be fat? Yes.
Can somebody strong be slim? Yes.
Can somebody weak be fat Yes.
Can somebody weak be slim? Yes.
Can somebody clumsy be fat? Yes
Can somebody clumsy be slim? Yes
Can somebody agile be slim? Yes
Can somebody agile be fat? YES (I knew a guy that weighted over 100 kilo and he was quite good in capoeira (!)

I don't see much point with this idea. Why take away the choice when it can stay?

The only situation that could take away the choice from player should be picking small frame or bruiser - because those traits bluntly explain your physical look.

Everything essential is in quote. Statistic could be linked with appearance but its restrictive. Yes muscular people are in most cases strong people, but not necessarily. Can slim/fat guy be strong? Hell yeah. So limit character appearance to make it reflect SPECIAL will make all PvP chars look alike. As on the street you can't tell who is strong/agile just by looking at him, you can only guess. Same rules should apply here. Also this would be like "SPECIAL awareness" and others could react just by "inspecting" you => killing you just because they can figure out you are not powerbuilder and you can't be much of a challenge.
This will only kill the soul of ingame chars.
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 10:06:45 pm »

God.. just add "weight" option or "muscle/fat percentage".. dont chain avatar's look with SPECIAL ==
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 01:31:02 am »

So limit character appearance to make it reflect SPECIAL will make all PvP chars look alike.

Most of snipers would be slim or normal (depends if with weapon handling or not), most of biggunners would be strong - isn't it egzacly how it should be?

As on the street you can't tell who is strong/agile just by looking at him, you can only guess.

Can't you  ;)? A slim guy can be sometimes stronger than he looks, but he will never be as strong as a bigger guy can be. There is a reason that there are weight categories in weight lifting for egzample. Your look is very much dependant on your physical condition and in a fallout universe your physical condition is determined by stats.

killing you just because they can figure out you are not powerbuilder and you can't be much of a challenge.

Is it irrelevant somehow  ;)?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 02:14:45 am »

Haha, now i know how Linella looks like!

Charisma isn't about how one is looking. It is the whole "experience" when encountering said person. Appearance, the way you walk, general behaviour etc. is "Charisma". Not just "CH1=Lol u are ugly!!!1111".
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 03:00:44 am »

Charisma isn't about how one is looking. It is the whole "experience" when encountering said person. Appearance, the way you walk, general behaviour etc. is "Charisma". Not just "CH1=Lol u are ugly!!!1111".

NPC's react to low cha with comments on how ugly you are

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 03:02:06 am »

In fonline yes. Just another way of some thoughts about this have been failed or how the original was dumbed down.
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 11:25:47 am »

Yes, I once wanted to say about the same (when I saw somewhere post like "Let's town partols will shoot at all 1 CH characters!!!"). Charisma = how that person feel himself in society, low charisma means he is shy or don't want to speak with people, may be he have no sence of humour. High charisma means he know how to control people with his voice, he is very chatable and active. Also people will trust tasks to persons with more charisma, because low charsima people look like they can't handle anything. So person with 1 CH isn't ugly mutant. But... look Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, Online description:
"A combination of appearance and charm. A high Charisma is important for characters that want to influence people with words."
So... it's appearance...
In Arcanum there're two stats: Charisma and Beauty.
In Fallout only one. And it works like Beauty only.
And of couse:
Also sometimes they call you an animal who escaped zoo or you scaring his customers.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 11:30:22 am »

well, you would look kinda feral if you have 1Cha...
and i'm also speaking about the posture, the way you act and all that.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.