"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:33:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Man's Job  (Read 1882 times)

A Man's Job
« on: April 30, 2012, 09:43:14 pm »

OK, I've been to all the stations and I am now supposed to speak to the Shady Man at NCR to get the location of the guy I need to kill...but the problem I have is that no matter if I have my gun in my hand or not the Shady guy just says "Don't bother me" repeatedly. (I have spoken to the other 3 people at the station but this makes no difference).

I thought it may be a charisma problem so I drank a beer but still nothing.

Anyone got any ideas?
Re: A Man's Job
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 09:54:30 pm »

I don't know what you mean with the other 3 people at the station.
At the 4th station you visit, the 4th person you speak will tell you to go to NCR station to talk to a man in a black leather jacket.
It's the guy in front of the small building just above the big brahmin pen. You need a gun in you hand and need to pick the lines in which you threaten him a bit.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:19:27 pm »

What you said there didn't exactly make sense...the 4th station you visit IS NCR. I started in Boneyard, spoke to the 4 people there, the 4th tells you to check the next station, you continue to San Fran and ask 4 people again, the last tells you to go to VC...the same happens in VC  so you continue to NCR station, ask 3 people (who know nothing) and then supposedly onto the Shady Guy who is meant to tell you the location, but instead he says....as I already said..."Don't bother me"

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 10:25:47 pm »

I recently did this in the same order and it worked with a CH 3 guy, only he didn't say "don't bother me". Instead i got all the dialogue options to complete the quest, found the target and let him and his daughter go. So...could it be you are talking with the wrong guy? Too many shady characters in this world.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 10:36:21 pm »

I recently did this in the same order and it worked with a CH 3 guy, only he didn't say "don't bother me". Instead i got all the dialogue options to complete the quest, found the target and let him and his daughter go. So...could it be you are talking with the wrong guy? Too many shady characters in this world.

It's definitely the right guy.

I thought it may have been a conflict with the job for the doctor in VC (The shady guy I think is also one of the people I need to speak to for that quest as well) so I went round all the other stations and even back to the doctor to tell him about the Boneyard, SanFran and VC stations....went back to NCR and spoke to him again....but nothing.

I give up. Definitely a bug in there somewhere. The topic probably should be moved to bugs, the only reason I posted here was because I'd hoped it was a dumb mistake I was making and that someone could tell me but sadly I don't think so (I've been trying to finish the quest for the past 3 hours).

Oh well...The first time I actually tried do some quests...was not a success...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:48:03 pm by klax »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 11:06:14 pm »

You need to ask in every station four people EVEN in NCR station.
Then you need to have gun in hands ( I just made it with LSW) and gave him dialogue option first.
Afterall he show me hideout.
h

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 11:34:37 pm »

Good point about the VC Medical Investigation because it has such similar requirements, one might wonder if those two quests might step on each other. But the dialogue options are different so it's possible if you got both quests at the same time, you could ask 4 people at each station for the doc, then ask the same 4 people again for the Man's Job, and move on to next station doing both quests concurrently.

Regardless, for this reason i completed the Medical quest first, then got the Man's Job and it worked just fine.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 12:22:28 am »

Good point about the VC Medical Investigation because it has such similar requirements, one might wonder if those two quests might step on each other. But the dialogue options are different so it's possible if you got both quests at the same time, you could ask 4 people at each station for the doc, then ask the same 4 people again for the Man's Job, and move on to next station doing both quests concurrently.

Regardless, for this reason i completed the Medical quest first, then got the Man's Job and it worked just fine.
Yes , you can talk twice with "normal person"s about other quests too., because I did the med inv quest when I was doing a mans job so its not bug.
h
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 12:49:46 am »

(I have spoken to the other 3 people at the station but this makes no difference).

Anyone got any ideas?

Defiantly 4 people to ask, at NCR women in back room of main building, man in main room of main building and 2 men outside of building.

I have never had a problem with this quest - done about 30 times.

Go to 1st station ask four people about this man. The fourth person will tell you he went to the next train station.
Go to 2nd station, repeat the same process (ask four people) and you'll find that the missing person boarded the train to next station,
Go to 3rd station repeat the same process (ask four people), and you'll find that the missing person boarded the train to next station.
Go to 4th station and repeat once again (ask four people), and you'll find that the missing person boarded the train to next station.
Go your final train stop at NCR, (ask four people) the forth person tells you to talk to shady guy at NCR station and then there at NCR station you'll find a shady man who will tell you the location of the man.

Or this might happen at forth station - can't remember exactly
(the 4th person tells you to talk to shady guy and then there at NCR station you'll find a shady man who will tell you the location of the man.)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:10:42 am by ThePhoenix77 »

Chewbakka

• Sarmatians
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 03:45:24 am »

boneyard...San Fran...VC...NCR, must talk to all 4 people at the 4 stations...after you talk with the 4th (in any order), they tell you to talk to the shady looking guy. It works still
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 10:35:09 am »

OK, the problem I had is that I was too quick to presume it would be 3 people to speak to and then onto the shady guy.

Just finished the quest with no problems.

Thanks for the help guys.

Feel like an idiot.

/Thread

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 03:39:53 am »

That guy with his daughter is actually a Caesars Legion spy/scout, but they changed the dialouge to not reference CL.

i wonder why they changed it, when he told me he was CL i wasted him and left the daughter to her own devices.
He didnt say it this wipe so i spared him. :P

Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.