Author Topic: Clothes and armor making - the beginning  (Read 19826 times)

Re: Clothes and armor making - the beginning
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2012, 06:16:50 pm »
You know...? I haven't checked yet the new Blender 2.63. Let's see...
My God! All the weekly Fragmotion activations are being paid off!

https://rapidshare.com/files/356315417/supermut.x

Jotisz, Luther, guys, you gotta check it out! Guess what did just worked?  ;D
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2012, 06:45:49 pm »
Ha! I was just testing the same thing! Still having some scaling issues though :)

I'll try yours in game :)

[edit] Also tiny. Should be fixable with "transform>transform options> scale>this frame only>a number which I've yet to find". Also, as we know already that we can definitely get models from Fragmotion into the game, then this looks like a victory :D *digital high-fives all round*

[edit2] I think the number is somewhere between 170 and 240, depending on the relative size of the Supermutant compared to the normal human. We can fine tune it later, but that should work for testing.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:59:46 pm by Luther Blissett »

Offline NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2012, 10:24:58 pm »
Yeah!! Hurray! Good job! Rock on! :)

So.. um.. what exactly we're celebrating btw?

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2012, 11:52:58 pm »
for having a rigged up super mutant  ready for testing

also i thing we shoud move the messages to the right topic

Offline NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2012, 12:05:21 am »
Ow.. That's great :)

And yeah - i think the topic can be closed (note that it's me who started it). I think i learned enough to begin making clothes and armors for Hero Model.. and Mutant since now :)

Thanks everyone, for helping.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:17:00 am by NastyKhan »

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2012, 05:02:34 am »
More so than just the Supermutant, it's more the fact that we've managed to get an export from Blender working. They've always come out heavily corrupt or incompatible in the past - and there's lots of work that Lizard, Jotisz and others had done which we were unable to do anything with. From what I tested so far, I got the cleanest results from the fbx export, which seemed to import into Fragmotion seamlessly (so I could compare size against existing model, but also that's pretty much confirmation that it'll work in game).

Personally I'd leave the thread open - even though it's gone off topic a little, there's some useful things being discussed here (or we could merge this one and the other one into the "armours and clothing" and "3D models development" threads).

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2012, 09:35:30 am »
woooo I see here "mutants risign"... Cant wait to see it ingame.

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2012, 11:39:31 am »
Personally I'd leave the thread open - even though it's gone off topic a little, there's some useful things being discussed here (or we could merge this one and the other one into the "armours and clothing" and "3D models development" threads).
I think this above talk could be better if located in the 3D models development thread would fit there better and would keep the clothes and armor making clean.

On the note of new blender x format exporting it sounds good and saves a lot of breath. Its nice to see that it works finally I haven't tried the new blender export function but its good to know it works. I think I could set up some blend files for the existing models with rigs (like rigging the brahmin for example, or some other creatures too), it could give a chance for those who wish to try their skill on animating.