"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 10:30:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Patrols  (Read 1146 times)

Patrols
« on: April 19, 2012, 05:43:53 am »

Can you make it so that patrols do not shoot at you unless you shoot at them or your rep with that faction is low.

Because I have died 3 times because of those patrols and I did not even do anything to them except loot corpses.

Or you could make your stuff retrievable maybe allow your character to return to the sight of his death.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: Patrols
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 05:45:26 am »

I did not even do anything to them except loot corpses.

there is your problem. you cant loot till they are done looting. they loot first then you can.
Roaming the waste again.

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:44:33 am »

Exactly, I am wondering what would be your reaction if someone would try to steal your loot...
Currently retired.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 12:01:18 pm »

Exactly, I am wondering what would be your reaction if someone would try to steal your loot...

Or try to take care of your wounds.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:15:24 pm »

there is your problem. you cant loot till they are done looting. they loot first then you can.

I did wait until they were done anyways they only killed one of the raiders I killed the other too so technically they are stealing from my work. I just hate how they shoot you when you get too close I ran past them to leave the sector and they shot and killed me.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 04:21:06 pm »

The thing I hate is how un noob friendly this game is, its bad enough when you have experienced player jerks that kill you so I learned to stay near guarded towns, but the players coupled with the patrols make really hard for a noob to get good I mean I spent the last couple days getting all of my stuff only to lost it all because I decided to help a ranger kill a slave and for some reason the ranger shot at(I did not even try to loot a corpse or get close)so I am gonna be at this for another couple weeks and the only thing I got going for me is my level and my bank money.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 05:37:47 pm »

Store things in a tent so you dont loose all upon death and/or join a faction.
I can help with both if you drop me a PM :)

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 05:43:13 pm »

So...you think it's safer to stay near guarded towns? Okay if you say so, but only if you're comparing that to unguarded towns and not comparing it the open wasteland. To me, the wasteland is the safest place to be over any town, even guarded ones, and it's where you get xp anyway. 
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 05:30:14 am »

Store things in a tent so you dont loose all upon death and/or join a faction.
I can help with both if you drop me a PM :)

Why thank you! Both times I died I was so close to getting the tent so it made it even more frustrating.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 05:32:03 am »

Why thank you! Both times I died I was so close to getting the tent so it made it even more frustrating.

Thing is tho you need to get a gun and ammo plus a decent armor, yes you are correct the safest place is the wasteland but not until you have to ability to defend yourself.
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 06:24:26 am »

Thing is tho you need to get a gun and ammo plus a decent armor, yes you are correct the safest place is the wasteland but not until you have to ability to defend yourself.

I'd consider outdoorsman and being able to run even more important than weapons and armor when just starting out. With patrols I don't even get bang-bang involved with the two or three way encounters (back in Fallout 2 proper it only took one burst misfire to invoke hostilities). I'll stand far to the side and only when it's over I'll take off my weapon, approach with sneak, and check the corpses that AREN'T within one hex of them. If I see text pop up, I'm running at the first warning, not the second or third.

I do think the patrols are a little trigger happy, but as they say...discretion is the better part of valor. 8)
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 07:04:33 am »

I'd consider outdoorsman and being able to run even more important than weapons and armor when just starting out. With patrols I don't even get bang-bang involved with the two or three way encounters (back in Fallout 2 proper it only took one burst misfire to invoke hostilities). I'll stand far to the side and only when it's over I'll take off my weapon, approach with sneak, and check the corpses that AREN'T within one hex of them. If I see text pop up, I'm running at the first warning, not the second or third.

I do think the patrols are a little trigger happy, but as they say...discretion is the better part of valor. 8)

I just pissed off some junktown scouts because I looted a corpse for a gun they had and sense they were still busy fighting raider only one of their dudes came after me and I got away without them even hitting me once. And thankfully it does not affect my rep.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.