"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:16:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Small suggestion in TC  (Read 1220 times)

Small suggestion in TC
« on: April 14, 2012, 08:46:17 pm »

I'm sure big changes are coming to TC.
I have something I would like to suggest or ask about your opinions about.

What would you guys think about dividing TC cities into TC districts?
I'm talking about splitting the city into a couple controllable areas. As in, one gang can control one side and another gang can control the other side, or one can take control of both sides.
Re: Small suggestion in TC
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 08:54:13 pm »

That could lead to some interesting battles if two gangs are active in one city, having to attack and defend at the same time.

But a few questions.

Would there be 2 chests? One central chest? How would the laws work with 2 factions?
What if both both factions Purchased malitia? Maybe malitia should be reserved for full control.

Perhaps have a few strategic areas that need to be captured and held for an hour or so, staying under your control until taken by a rival faction. Full control requiring all strategic points to be under your control?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 08:55:31 pm »

I would prefer this with new reno, and probably new reno only.

It seems like the only truly sensible map for such a thing.

But yeah, I like this.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 09:20:10 pm »

It seems like the only truly sensible map for such a thing.

It should be possible to insert another control zone, or several smaller zones into all cities, right?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 09:26:20 pm »

It should be possible to insert another control zone, or several smaller zones into all cities, right?
Well, yes.  Pretty sure anyways.

I just don't see any of the other maps working out as well as new reno could.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 09:38:08 pm »

I just don't see any of the other maps working out as well as new reno could.

True, perhaps Reno would make a good testing ground.
Other cities I could see being split east/west or north/south easily.
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 10:45:23 pm »

This is good idea, but like a Michaelh, only in New Reno can be ok.
TBH - The Black Hearts...
Future of wasteland
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 01:18:34 pm »

I'd love to see tat in reno but the "small gangs" like "reese" and "grim" wouldnt like it, they already cried when mordinos "held" virgin street.

They do have a point about reno being the only ffa city, but this idea would still be interesting. Maybe something like a 2 week trial period could be nice.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 10:21:17 pm »

I'd love to see tat in reno but the "small gangs" like "reese" and "grim" wouldnt like it, they already cried when mordinos "held" virgin street.
I assume you mean the bishops.  Mordinos already owned virgin street anyways.  ::)

It was an argument based on lore and many other factors they totally botched out on.

Mordinos with laser pistols, why not just be salvatores then?
At no near time did the bishops conquer new reno.  The chosen one's son did not even exist yet.

Game date is 2238.

- By 2256, the Chosen One's bastard child, Mr. Bishop, by this point only thirteen years old, assumes control over the family, and eventually leads it to victory over the other families in New Reno

So the holding of virgin street by the "bishops" was totally against the role play they were portraying.  Skirmishes would've been the norm, not full on take-overs.

They really sucked at role play essentially, not just the fact that they "took it over".

But I'm sure you knew all that already...

-  I like this idea if it only involved the npc factions within the town.  Wrights mordinos bishops etc.  No outside gangs allowed to take control.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:45:34 pm by Michaelh139 »
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 12:36:02 am »

Could be done in other cities, reshaping them a little.

It's so sad that most of TC town have an attractive area and a completly dead area.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 22 queries.