"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 07:49:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Experience help?  (Read 1906 times)

Experience help?
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:08:45 am »

Need help with gaining experience, I am a one handed - small guns - sneak char, but it took me weeks on other character to get to lvl 5, other people are saying you can get to 21 in a day, so just asking if anyone could lend me a hand on how to get some XP, pm or post here. Cant kill molerats - will swarm and kill me, cant kill mantises - will swarm and kill (if in large groups), if there is ANY other way, just post or say, I just made a new character hes level 2 so help!
Re: Experience help?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 06:27:03 am »

Go to 38:13 square and farm molerats in TB.
Knowledge is the key to the mind which is a mysterious doorway through a long dark hallway
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 06:34:33 am »

Ill try, Im having alot of trouble finding a gun at the moment, but thanks for the information
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 11:53:08 am »

Here is somthing that I did today out of pure frustration and its amazing!
Find and cut abuncha wood. At least 10. Then harvest abuncha fruit. Atleast 20. Then find a still and put the 10 wood and 20 fruit into it then use the schience skill on the still. Wait like 2-5 mins for it to get done. Then get your freshly brewed rot gut liqure out of the still. Find a work bench and make molitove cocktails! With 1 batch I think u get like 40 molitoves or somthing. Then just find molerats or some type of critter (no humans) get them close together and start chucking! U don't even need high throwing skill just make sure ur atleast 5 grids away from them and that u have atleast 15% chance to hit.
This will get you some levels pretty quick and easy. And if u die oh well it don't take as much effort as it does to craft a gun just to lose it.

Oh and join a faction! It will make this game much more enjoyable. They can give u tips and protection. And if its a nice faction they will let u stash ur fruit and wood at there base till u get a tent. My faction base has a still and a work bench so woot woot. And download icechat or somthing like it if u havnt and use the 2238 irc channel. most people on there will help also.

Sorry this was so long. I just like to be specific lol hope this helped
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:54:46 am »

craft bb gun and bb ammo, aim eyes on mutated mole rats. And thats it. You welcome.

Killer Rabbit

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 12:00:13 pm »

it is good only if you are sniper. he is one hander so bb will be usles for him

Megido11

• ARWH
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 12:03:32 pm »

You could always just raise ODM and go skipping encounters for some XP
:V All day erry day
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 12:19:28 pm »

Gather resources to craft yourself a mauser and 100 ammo for it. Mauser has accurate perk and low ST requirement, so nice to use at low level.
Do the quests and miniquests.
You might not be able to do all due to CH requirements.

Do some shit shoveling and/or box carrying to get caps and some xp at low level.
Get yourself to the Boneyard.
Start the Man's job quest. Easy xp and caps.
Go to SF first, give junk to Emma there (300 xp if you just say thank you). Do the ant killing quest for 200 caps, stims and xp.

A good route to start all this is from NCR (do quests but not rail line gang and Westin's quest and shit shoveling), to Junktown (quests and shit shoveling, ant quest can be hard on low level) to Hub (quests, box carrying and shit shoveling), to Adytum (get Scavenger's location for Hub's sad wife quest), to the Library, to the Boneyard station.
Take the train to SF first, do both quests there. Don't worry about dying at the ant lair. If you don't take hours you can get back to it and get your stuff. Off them starting in a corner. You can also do some box carrying in SF.
Take the train from SF to Boneyard and than to NCR (you can carry boxes at NCR station) than to VC. If you have 3 or more CH go into VC and get the investigate for Dr. Andrew quest. Go back to NCR station. Talk to the guy in leather armor, kill the subject. If you're fast you can grab his armor. Go to the library for your reward. While at that, go to Hub and report back to the sad wife.

Finally go to NCR and do Westin's quest. Once you send the kids away, you can kill the brahmin 1 for 1. They won't attack. That's 17 hides and 17*80xp.
By now you should have easily reached at least level 4 and perhaps level 5.

Square 18:13 has mutated molerats (300 xp), but also lots of PKs. Most PKs don't use TB but RT, so you might be lucky there. With 1 handed, mauser would be the choice of weapon for you to do this.

There are some more quests which give easy xp. Some are worth it because of the xp or other rewards (like SF subway quest), others aren't because of time or effort needed compared to reward (Hub's wasteland band quest).

Put your skill points in SG first to get to a useful level quickly.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:25:26 pm by HertogJan »
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 02:00:32 pm »

it is good only if you are sniper. he is one hander so bb will be usles for him

Try it. In theory youre right, but in 2238 even 1lk shot in eyes in most cases is instakill. And yes, one hander means low hit chance, but hes 5lvl already so i think it wont be a problem.

Killer Rabbit

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 02:48:50 pm »

with better critical yes, but who will take better critical if he isnt sniper build?
1luck sniper have only 39% to critical hit in eyes and 26% in head. so good luck with that
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:52:49 pm by Killer Rabbit »
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 07:08:17 pm »

There are some more quests which give easy xp. Some are worth it because of the xp or other rewards (like SF subway quest), others aren't because of time or effort needed compared to reward (Hub's wasteland band quest).

You say to visit.

Junktown, Hub, You can also do some box carrying in SF.
Take the train from SF to Boneyard and than to NCR (you can carry boxes at NCR station) than to VC.

(Hub's wasteland band quest).
Hub, Junktown, Hub, SF, Hub, Gecko - near to VC

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 11:40:01 pm »

with better critical yes, but who will take better critical if he isnt sniper build?
1luck sniper have only 39% to critical hit in eyes and 26% in head. so good luck with that

thank you, but no need:] As i wrote before - you only talk about theory. Try it. No matter if you have better criticals, or not - mutated mole rats have so fucked up crit tables, that gonna die anyway.
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 02:01:55 am »

I am lvl 2, thanks for the hints, just got back from highschool hockey tryouts so let me get started on using these, I have a magnum, but cant get crits and molerats usually swarm and kill. still taking advice! :D
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 12:20:08 pm »

Fire 1 or 2 shots depending on your action points, than run out.
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 12:22:47 pm »

Chaseblue. If you want I can craft you a small guns weapon pack of basic guns. Free

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 27 queries.