Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Was this topic helpfull to you?

No.
Yes.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My own survival guide  (Read 4634 times)

Gob

• The Good
Re: My own survival guide
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 06:32:20 am »

My advice is to power level on mutated molerats and/or floaters/centours/aliens vs same (once a little higher in level). All the gear you need to level up you can easily farm.

I leveled up my sniper in about 10hrs by firstly farming mouser & later crafting bb gun solely on mutated molerats near themepark. Mutated molerats are insta killed using aimed crit to eyes & give 300xp each. On average, an encounter yields 4-5 m.molerats &, they can all be killed in approx. 30 seconds in RT mode using auto aim to eyes; thats 1200-1500 exp, then rinse & repeat.

/regards
Oh, and Spears.
The lady in the Junktown Workbench place buys Spears for 50 Caps and 10xp a piece. If you can handle the monotony of junking, its not a bad way to make some cheddar.
And you can sell 4 Gold Gecko Hides for 200 Caps and 200xp, 4 Regular Hides for 100 Caps and 100xp, to the lady in Klamath's "Buckner".

I'm pretty sure I said those things.
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 09:54:29 am »

an encounter yields 4-5 m.molerats &, they can all be killed in approx. 30 seconds in RT mode using auto aim to eyes; thats 1200-1500 exp,

Ive leveled up around thousand characters on mutated mole rats, but never ever get encounter with more than 4 of them. Could you tell us your SPECIAL ?

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 10:31:14 am »

I might have been somewhat overconfident with my statistics. I think its closer to 4. I don't think I ever got 6, but might have got 5.
SPECIAL=1,9,6,1,5,9,9.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:35:57 am by AdolphbinStalin »
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 01:05:48 pm »

Are u sure? You can get up to 7 molerats, but as i wrote before, never got more than 4 mutated ones. Can anyone else confirm this?

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 03:04:26 pm »

Gob, you could add these also:

At Hub you can water the farmers. It's not a quest that shows up in the Pip-Boy; it's just a job you get and earn some caps. You talk with the farmer standing near the water pipe and agree to bring water to 10 farmers there. You have to keep running back and forth to the water pipe to refill the bag, but you get a few caps this way.

Also at Hub, go to Oldtown (east side) into the lower buildings and talk with the sad wife about finding Joseph. When in Boneyard, go to New Adytum to get Salvagers location from guard. Go to Salvagers and talk with the mean guys who hung a thief in the street. Choose right dialogue and go back to inform the sad wife in Oldtown for xp.

Also important to mention is getting Swift Learner in Hub's library for faster leveling (requires Science 50). And Educated in Boneyard library basement for more Skill Points per level (requires Science 100).

Then there's Shady Sands (NCR). I go in the main [crazy] gate there with nothing on me, and talk with Buster about getting smokes from the Rawhide Saloon. Run there and talk to her about returning her debt to Dusty, but don't mention Buster's smokes yet. Run into Dusty's down the street and return the debt asap. Then talk to Hoss in there and get Awareness! Then run back up to the Rawhide and tell her you returned her debt, and then mention Buster's smokes. She gives you cigs so maybe put them in Slot 2 so nobody steals them as you run back to Buster to return them - you get xp and a combat jacket.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:08:27 pm by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 12:43:55 am »

You can get many more than 4 Chrupek, just take a large group of slaves/mercs with you.
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 05:26:43 am »

Zone 30:8 near Vault City is the easiest place for brahmin hides in my opinion, I only found one encounter with bloodbeasts (pretty much the same as weak raiders) and all the other encounters only had brahmin.

You could add that.

Megido11

• ARWH
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 02:08:37 pm »

For the brahmin herdsman job other than the hides you'll get 100 caps from Mr Westin
:V All day erry day

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 10:05:01 pm »

Well.. this could be helpful for someone who just started playing, but wasn't useful for me in any way.
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 10:36:16 pm »

You can get many more than 4 Chrupek, just take a large group of slaves/mercs with you.

Yeah, i meant 'for one player'.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 24 queries.