"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 16, 2024, 10:44:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: {GE} Blacklisted Traders List {GE}  (Read 6382 times)

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Re: {GE} Blacklisted Traders List {GE}
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 03:41:50 am »

It is wrong to say "nobody" would. Some few people would, and those might give me good reviews which leads to more. But really, i don't mind if most say no because i don't want to just do trades all night. So what if most say no? Let them go find a different seller, i say let them go. Only a few trades is fine with me. Meanwhile i could still claim to be the wasteland's safest dealer.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 04:25:20 am »

In reality the safest way would be to have a neutral 3rd party person act as escrow liaison between the buyer and seller, good luck with that concept though.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 04:37:37 am »

SD makes safe trades virtually impossible.

There used to be a point, where you could make almost totally safe trades, with alts, and a few friends of course.

But now, with SD, you can easily just insta-fuck the guy and take his shit in a blink of an eye.  (thanks to plasma nades :D)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 04:39:09 am »

Unfortunately even trustworthy traders are fairly paranoid about following people to bases or caps-in-advance trades. I don't know how people agree to that Marko. I know that kind of suggestion would make me refute an agreement.
So far, I have not had a problem with scammers personally because I review trade agreements very carefully before I enter into a contract. Sadly some of my employees are not so careful.
The reason this list is here, is so that people know what to look for, and with the exception of Res and Jacky, most scammers tend to give up after they have been ousted. It also gives people an idea what to look for to protect themselves from a scam. 

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 07:32:05 pm »

SD makes safe trades virtually impossible.

There used to be a point, where you could make almost totally safe trades, with alts, and a few friends of course.

But now, with SD, you can easily just insta-fuck the guy and take his shit in a blink of an eye.  (thanks to plasma nades :D)
And you wonder why no one trades with you.
Back In-Game :D

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 07:59:25 pm »

Trade on wm?
h
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 08:00:05 pm »

simple: trade on wm over a city.
If the leader starts moving to the waste jump out

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 08:00:52 pm »

simple: trade on wm over a city.
If the leader starts moving to the waste jump out
lol if leaders tent/ambush is right beside the town you dont have enough time.
Roaming the waste again.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 08:08:45 pm »

So let him walk with you, then have 1 charisma, and no problem involved, if trader is suspicous or he don't want to walk out with you, then he's retarded or a scammer.
h
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 09:05:03 pm »

So let him walk with you, then have 1 charisma, and no problem involved, if trader is suspicous or he don't want to walk out with you, then he's retarded or a scammer.
But how do you prove that your not a scammer with more than 1 charisma (all you need is a beer).
You've got to look at it from both sides not just yours.

Basically it's impossible to solve and the only reason why you can trade safe in RL is because you are trackable whereas here you are not.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:11 pm »

You can't prove it, it's a risk you must take.
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 09:39:14 pm »

fonline needs a wow style auction house, its hard enough trading due to different timezones.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50:13 pm »

fonline needs a wow style auction house, its hard enough trading due to different timezones.

What we need is a mailing system. If you played APB when you would win an auction you would get the item by email as an attachment and if you would loose the auction the money is returned to you too, but this is the wasteland and people are greedy :) so no money back.
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 09:59:27 pm »

What we need is a mailing system. If you played APB when you would win an auction you would get the item by email as an attachment and if you would loose the auction the money is returned to you too, but this is the wasteland and people are greedy :) so no money back.

if you don't get a refund for not winning it's not an auction it's a raffle. I doubt any society would ever go for a gambling based trade system.

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 10:02:01 pm »

Does anyone remember the auction house in FF9?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 19 queries.