"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 03:11:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ModDB awards 2009 - Vote for FOnline in Phase 2  (Read 9381 times)

Re: ModDB awards 2009 - Vote for FOnline in Phase 2
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 10:12:39 am »

I think the level of difficulty and ease of dying (when in a dangerous place) is fine in general. But something really has to be done about an early characters career... until i got a tent i literally spent 90% of my time wandering the wastes without a weapon due to death. Yes you could get a group of people but first off thats hard when 70% of the people refuse to speak english (Not to mention that 60% would prob rape you the moment you left town ;) ) and some people just want to play alone.. I understand there being consequences for being a loner but pure boring gameplay shouldnt be one of them. NO decisions should be boring and/or tedious.

For the record it didnt bother me all that much actually... In some ways i thought it was cool too be in constant danger. But i can guarantee that alot of people who would otherwise completely dig this game will be scared off by the beginning. In fact i know a few who refuse to play because they just cant see it getting better :P

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 01:59:51 am »

I totally agree. Free for all PVP is kind of realistic considering the theme... But every MMO has restrictions of some kind and there isn't even safe starting areas or a fair amount of starting quests to build up and the game itself is based more on randomness and luck than anything right now (where you start, random encounters and who wants to get there kicks). Either someone decides to be a dick or doesn't, those odds don't favor me/others well and dying every 10-15 mins (literally) because of players isn't so fun... I'm not surprised some players get sick with it but it doesn't appeal to me. If I could get far enough to defend myself it wouldn't be a problem but there's really no safe region to do it that has enough quests. The concept rocks but this wont attract a lot of other players and I'm actually wondering if its worth the trouble to get it running on Win 7, 64 bit.

Edit : typos.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 02:02:54 am by Blue »
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 09:09:08 pm »

too many issues i think, i could forgive the server crashes as its hard technically but making a way for people to stop being killed by gangs at low levels is in every mmo ive ever played and even if it isnt there are gm's to help. its a must for an mmo, this game would be awsome and full of people all voting for you if it was a fun game, the murdering gangs have ruined it for the game and you

haha that is ridiculous i never even get pk'd only if i ask for it. the only problem is that u spawn too close to npc's in encounters so sometimes while out side window when it flashes i usually go back in and everything is in time, but 5% of the time a lag comes and i respawn very close to a critter and get killed with 10k money aloys and it took me 2 days to find hides and then i got killed with it because of stupid lag and critter re spawn *again not always*  everything else is fine, only hard to find companions and factions sticking with there old players so ur fu**** if u dont have freinds and if you are a newbie like me .... alone  ..... but i still and its my fav game of all times was and is from 98. allways will be
U were born to live.......But u die to come to me....

czzzzz.....up
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 10:42:21 pm »

I agree, i played for hours but cant get a start.
I have one character with some loot (weapon aswell) but i KNOW if i log back in i get killed before i even see my character.
They should make a noob zone, i love fallout and would donate if i had a chance to get a start...

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 10:47:47 pm »

If you logout on the worldmap, you should be save. Logging out in a town or encounter is a bad idea, because other people can reach you for at least 180 seconds.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 09:35:22 am »

yeah, 180 sec logout (cd?) kinda blows, if you are in town however go to a place rarely visited.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 02:01:25 pm »

If you logout on the worldmap, you should be save. Logging out in a town or encounter is a bad idea, because other people can reach you for at least 180 seconds.

i was not talking about loging off i never had problems with that, only re spawning in random encounters allot of times theres a lag, or even a bug which respawns me right in front of the npc of critter, while i am traveling iam usually on the forum or in game it does not matter i lost over 30k worth of stuff and since iam a noob thats not too much but it is allot.

U were born to live.......But u die to come to me....

czzzzz.....up
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 04:20:57 am »

yeah, 180 sec logout (cd?) kinda blows, if you are in town however go to a place rarely visited.

how does this blow? Would it be better if people could just log out whenever they feel in danger? "I think ill shoot this dumbass in the head.. OH SHIT HE JUST TOOK OFF 90% OF MY HEALTH... Ok ill logout"

that would be a great system
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 12:29:56 am »

If you're not in combat, make it instantly log you out.
"Never will I be welcomed amongst the heartless monsters you surround yourself with, feeding off the pain and misfortune of others..." - DISTURBED

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 09:34:13 pm »

Stealing is not combat, either. And you can't disappear in a second, just because you heard some shooting.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 01:39:16 pm »

yes, don't be such cowards, and i've realized how valuable the logout timer is, if the game crashed, would you have liked that the merc in the cave you have on his knees to simply dissapear and then log back in on the worldmap without that extra sniper you wanted, i think not

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2010, 12:22:47 pm »

*sigh*
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 01:05:37 pm »

too many issues i think, i could forgive the server crashes as its hard technically but making a way for people to stop being killed by gangs at low levels is in every mmo ive ever played and even if it isnt there are gm's to help. its a must for an mmo, this game would be awsome and full of people all voting for you if it was a fun game, the murdering gangs have ruined it for the game and you

Well, If they stopped killing you would it be like a post nuclear survival MMO?
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.