Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Radios  (Read 3007 times)

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
Radios
« on: December 29, 2009, 03:30:18 am »

As we all know, radios are next to useless in FOnline. I know this thread existed in the old forum, but maybe it'll stay organized here. What about making radios usable items? As in you use the radio, it disappears and gets worked into your pipboy somehow, because nobody wants to use a radio that takes up a hand when IRC exists. Even make it disappear on death-that won't be that bad. But it seems like the devs are trying to make most, if not all, items in the game useful and in a postapocalyptic world where telephones don't exist, radios would be very necessary.
Re: Radios
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 12:10:33 pm »

I've nothing against radios, It could be made as an upgrade that gets integrated into pip-boy if you have it in your inventory or something. Most people use teamspeak now, so yeah... But, I think they can be useful for people who don't use it and so on.
just because we play a post-apocalyptic game doesn't mean we have to accept to see people insulting us of jews.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 09:17:38 pm »

I think they should be an integratable part of the pipboy that stays regardless of death, like you build it and install it and thats that, /r for ever. Kind of like the motion sensor. Otherwise making it work when it's in your inventory would be an option as well.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 10:40:50 pm »

Yeah I know it will be impossible to completely remove the use of Vent and IRC, but being able to use the radio in-game will save everyone the hassle of alt-tabbing every five seconds. And I'm sure those who really want to RP would definitely appreciate this. Another thought, if radios are going to be one-time use things that get integrated in the pip-boy, maybe they should be a little harder to craft and worth more.

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 11:16:49 pm »

Yeah, making Radio integrated with pip-boy would be really good idea and make it more useful because nobody really uses it :/
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 04:18:31 am »

First off I like radios, I think if more people used them it would be fun, at the moment the IRC is completely pointless if you play fullscreen and im not commited to my dorkdom so much that im going to use vent. I support the ideas of radios and I think that installing it on your pipboy would be fine as long as you lost the function when you died, you would also have to pass say a science/repair check to see if you could install it correctly. Currently I think the radio is fine as long as you can organize people, I think the first time everyone got a radio they were excited and the first thing they do is hop on and say hi to the world, mostly with no response, which discourages people from bothering with it.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 04:39:59 am »

I would really like to see radios used more in-game... decrease the carrying weight and I would never take it out of my second equipped spot :)
Swords will cut you wide fucking open!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 04:57:01 am »

I vote make it accessible to everyone from the start.

If you make it too difficult to bother with, or lost after death, most people simply won't use it. Why waste time ingame to get a feature that is more conveniently replicated outside the game?

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 05:50:47 am »

its not convienant though, i never use irc or vent and i hate playing my game windowed.
plasma nade your face off!

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 06:16:26 am »

Yeah honestly I won't allow myself to use vent if anyone else is in my house. I just won't. And checking IRC every five seconds gets on my nerves. I think there's two ways to do this. Either radios are easy to get, installable, and disappear after death OR they're somewhat harder to get but after installation stay with you forever. I personally favor the latter because I think many of you are like I am, and prefer permanent upgrades over temporary ones.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.