"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 02:32:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Turn base Fight and a time matter  (Read 2287 times)

Avoral

• "... to anioły kiedyś zaśpiewały mi ta pieśń..."
Turn base Fight and a time matter
« on: December 29, 2009, 02:52:48 am »

1st i would like to describe some sort of situation. I love a turn based gameplay, 30s for think, count and so on - almost like strategy. Recently there are much more encounters with 4+ enemys. Its all ok if all of them see , fast play and so on.

The problem starts if you will not be seen by one of them => That mean u will have wait a 30s of his turn. If u "lost" 2x enemys that mean 1 min and so on. If u encounter eg. 7x enemys and dont have enought firepower to slay at least half of them in first 3 turns then ur fight will take ages [20 min plus to kill or be killed? :?]

It would be nice to cut npc enemys reaction time to opening algorytm eg :
Start=>
Do you see a enemy: <
a)no => auto turn pass or do a move in direction when u last spotted player character
b)yes => pass to normal algorytm of reaction [attack and so on]

TB gives each weak player a chance to kill more powerfull npc, but the cost is VERY long time of combat. I don't know how you are programing the game, but, in my opinion, it would make a TB a more playable.

// Sorry for my English,
Re: Turn base Fight and a time metter
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 02:55:18 am »

I already bugged this

Avoral

• "... to anioły kiedyś zaśpiewały mi ta pieśń..."
Re: Turn base Fight and a time matter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 02:57:07 am »

Sorry, i didnt know that this is a bug, my bad it seems.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 04:30:07 am »

Its not a bug because its intended to work like that, they have it set for 60 second time out per turn, granted it would be better if they set them to just move period or had scripts that would send them after the player. Personally it seems the encounters are going to be harder and on top of that more difficult, escaping on turn based used to be easy but now raiders take shots to a certain distance/hit percentage. wouldnt be so bad if you were fighting one or two but when you run up on 8 guys with guns your options are fight or die, there is no more running.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 06:57:58 pm »

Its not a bug because its intended to work like that, they have it set for 60 second time out per turn, granted it would be better if they set them to just move period or had scripts that would send them after the player. Personally it seems the encounters are going to be harder and on top of that more difficult, escaping on turn based used to be easy but now raiders take shots to a certain distance/hit percentage. wouldnt be so bad if you were fighting one or two but when you run up on 8 guys with guns your options are fight or die, there is no more running.

The bug is the AI waits when it has nothing to do instead of ending its turn, which makes turnbased super long.

Aricvomit

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 04:23:55 am »

*sigh* im trying to explain to you that its not a bug because thats how its intended to work, a bug is something that is malfunctioning and not something that just doesent work the way you want it too so you think its broken.

Cpt.Rookie

• The final act is mine
    • riget.info
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 11:11:03 am »

I really don't think that it is intended that NPCs will do one step per four (?) seconds in random direction when combat mode is open and they cannot see you. Happend yesterday with molerats. They seemed like retarded (or "heavy thinking" - which is, in fact, possible).
Server-Boy - FOnline servers statistics
pcntl_wait($status); //protect against zombie children
postCount++;
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 06:59:59 pm »

*sigh* im trying to explain to you that its not a bug because thats how its intended to work, a bug is something that is malfunctioning and not something that just doesent work the way you want it too so you think its broken.

It is a bug, there was no intention of making combat take 5 minutes per turn.

Aricvomit

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 11:12:20 pm »

how do you know? are you a dev? i wouldnt question something thats worked the same way the span of the game.
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 03:50:52 am »

how do you know? are you a dev? i wouldnt question something thats worked the same way the span of the game.

No you're right, who wouldn't want the player to get into a fight that can last upwards of an hour for no reason. That's clearly a feature.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 18 queries.