"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 02:48:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Way to reduce server downtime  (Read 596 times)

Way to reduce server downtime
« on: March 18, 2012, 09:31:42 am »

This has been ridiculous these past few days, server being down for hours each day... When from what I understand, all it needs is to be restarted.  I fully understand that the devs are busy men with jobs, other hobbies and social lives, and restarting the server is down on the list of priorities when faced with work and seeing mates and sleep... So I believe the best way to fix this would be to give a few long standing GMs access to the server to restart it (I'm sure you can give them accounts with limited access to the server)  so that if it does go down, it can be restarted without the player base being forced to wait for a dev to see its down.  The server is remotely accessed so I cant see why there would be any issues involved in this.  There is always a trust element involved, but with GMs that have been around for a while and players ready to jump on any signs of abuse, this could reduce downtime to the amount of time it takes to log on and press a button (or write a command), which would make players much happier... until they find something else to bitch about of course :D

What do you think of this suggestion? Poke a few holes in it so we can tighten up the idea, because honestly, the downtime is cutting into the already reduced player base something shocking
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 21 queries.