"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 07, 2024, 07:19:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: HtH story... FOnline style!  (Read 1084 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
HtH story... FOnline style!
« on: March 17, 2012, 09:35:45 pm »

A piece of story I made. Can you spot all the references to in-game SPECIAL and Skilldex?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The year 2238. I was born in 2210 in Hub. The wasteland hasn't changed much since I was born. Thieves, gun tottin' heroes, maniacs or maybe just someone like me trying to get all the resources for survival. Call them whatever you want, but they are the majority of the wasteland inhabitants. They will do anything - rob, kill, scam. Not like I'm much of a different. I was born nearly blind. My dad said it's the cause of the radioactive surroundings. Where are my parrents right now I'm not even sure. Not a surprise if they are dead. They went out with the Far Go traders on 2221. Nobody really know what happend to that caravan. They went out to Vault City, there's a high chance some ghoul crazies ambushed them. My dad used to tell stories about them too.
 Everyone in this place has to have something to defend with. Important people here have their guards. I don't need no damn pussy guards. I have to pay them, and the next moment they turn on you and require a triple salary. Bloody useless. Can't say those pricks with guns are some kind of experts either. You need ammo, time to aim and most importantly something I never had - a good eye. Am I the one that spends all day and night in the bar? Is that why I need no defence? No... No, no, no... Sometimes I feel like I need more defence than anyone else. Nobody really likes the way I look, talk or anything. When I meet someone like that, it gets close and personal. It get's really close. Close enough for my fist to strike his ugly face and leave a mark on it. I've always been somewhat a bully. I got into fights even when I was a kid. I haven't backed up from that time even till this day! Your fists are the best weapon you will ever get.
 As much as I said I don't waste my day at the bar, I lied a bit. I oftenly come to the Maltese Falcon. A great place, it's just the crowd that comes here isn't that great. Buys you a drink, next moment you catch them with your hubbucks bag. Ooh, then they get a beating for real! One hit is enough to make your new enemy cry for mercy while lying on the ground, two hits is enough to make him start to crawl out the bar, three hits... well, sometimes the third hit isn't even needed. Do a third hit if your victim is about to get up and start talking shit. Some bastards think they are enough with quick legs. Running away is impossible, it all comes back later.
 I knew this one guy. Would be a pretty nice guy if he wasn't such a drunkard and a raider. Heh, he couldn't be called a raider, because he attacked other raiders. I guess he couldn't handle the heat. Others stole his loot possibly. One time he even wanted to attack me. I used to drink a few beers with him at Maltese Falcon. Well, used to until he wanted to find out where is my hideout and where I keep all my caps. Did he really think I'm gonna tell him? I wasn't that drunk, and will never be! Oh, that guy thought I was joking, he threatened me! Didn't end well for him, however. Surprisingly, he still was standing after I hit him square in the nose. He somehow rolled out of the bar. I stayed there just to drink my beer, can't let a good thing go in waste. He left he's beer, drank that one too. Later on I went on to my hideout. A nice little place I set up. On my way I however heard gunshots - just from the pass I have to go. It was him, he was more of a criminal than I thought. My hideout was just nearby, and just as much as I wanted to avoid him, he looked at me. Looked right in my face. He had a pistol. Don't ask me what pistol was it, I never recognized that shit. I wasn't far from him, I looked at him, he looked at me. Then - a shot in my dirrection. Luckily for me the bullet just went by, however as I rushed towards him he did another shot. Altough he shot me straight in the eye (doesn't really matter to me as I'm nearly blind) it didn't hurt much. I kept rushing towards him, I could see the fear in his face. As I rushed I made a hit right to his stomach, he squatted and wanted to make another shot, but he was too slow. Way slower than my fist. He couldn't stand a chance. After he was dead I shouted at him "Did you really think that shooting my eye will stop me?!?". As I said it I put my eye back in my eye-socket. It felt just like before the shot. Nothing but another moron eliminated from the wasteland. He had a nice leather jacket, I took that one and left. That's what the wasteland is like - no friend is a real friend until you kill him.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: HtH story... FOnline style!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 09:43:44 pm »

Very nice!
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Re: HtH story... FOnline style!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 05:16:53 am »

Cool story and references to the game.
Keep your head down, your eyes open and your mouth shut.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.