"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 03:21:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Buy (some) blueprints with a quest  (Read 920 times)

Buy (some) blueprints with a quest
« on: March 14, 2012, 08:27:27 am »

Make blueprints both fun and let PK-trolls have their fun as well:

Gunrunners sell random blueprints for cash, but as a quest.
Every hour (or whatever) a new blueprint (or a set of 3?) is randomly selected. You go talk "Hey, do you have some blueprints?" and in reply "You know what I don't have? A case of beer. Bring me one and I'll see if I have a blueprint for sale."

The quest would create a public instance on the world map (yellow dot) somewhere near-ish to boneyard in town squares near the sea. You go in, kill random enemies depending on the blueprint, pick up a briefcase and return it to gunrunners. The briefcase would require 299 lockpick and contain beer so opening it would be pointless.
After you return the briefcase: "Ah! Good beer is hard to get these days. Thanks. Here is what I have:" reply "[Buy Advanced Power Crowbar for 5000 caps]" and you can pay caps to get it. If you lose the briefcase, you have no penalty. The next hour (or whatever) when a new blueprint is selected, you can take the quest again, but you will need to pay 500 caps before doing it. "Hey, you're that guy who lost my beer! If you want to do business you will have to pay me back for it and bring me a new case."
<Izual> Let's crash server
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.