"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 09:48:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FOnline: Territory Control - pvp server ideas  (Read 1672 times)

FOnline: Territory Control - pvp server ideas
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:20:22 pm »

Here is my idea for another FOnline-based PvP server.

I want to gather ideas and opinions about it, before release of FOnline server binary, so there will be a set of basic rules ready to work on.

Disclaimer: i don't know if all changes mentioned are possible with the scripting API provided by the engine.

Basic rules:
- General mechanics based on FOnline: 2238.
- Faction-based server (no solo players).
- Point of the server would be to control as much of the world as possible, every sector of the map is available for control.
- Some custom worldmap

Area Control Rules:
- Control is gained by placing 10 players (or 50% gang members, for smaller gangs) of your team in the map for area control, and triggering control start, then you must hold ground for 20 minutes.
- After taking control no other team can take control of the area for 5 hours.
- Each area will have some NPC attached to it, who will attack anyone except members of the gang who is in control of the area (respawning in 5 minutes)
- You can only take areas that are on the edge of the zone controlled by other gangs.

Crafting/Resource Gathering:
- Crafting requirements and cooldowns removed (i don't know any good way to get rid of the alts, until i find one crafting requirements are pointless)
- Resources are spawned in each gang base, with the amount based on number of areas controlled by this gang (in some locker accessible only by certain gang members)
- It is possible to gather additional resources at the area control maps of other gangs. To gather such resources you must enter such area with caravan car - other gang will be informed about it, after 3 minutes you can start gathering resources (it will spawn in the caravan)
- Such caravan car can be only destroyed by enemy team, and cannot be unloaded by them.
- Crafting is possible in base only.

Bases:
- Each gang base will contain lockers for each member of the gang, accessible only by that person, gang leader, and high members.

World Travel:
- When traveling through zone controlled by other gang you can encounter "Enemy Patrol", which will contain some hostile NPC. Members of the gang controlling that zone will be informed about it, and encounter will be placed on their worldmap.

This is basic idea set i had, please post yours, point my mistake and balance issues (especially how to solve a problem of "zerg swarm", and how to solve experience gaining)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:24:27 pm by Misiolap »
Re: FOnline: Territory Control - pvp server ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 11:29:37 pm »

why make another PvP server where there is one already ?

also decs have hands full of work so i dont htink they could consider smth like that in next year...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:31:48 pm by Attero »
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 11:36:04 pm »

I don't want to bother any 2238 devs to create it, i want to start a new server after it will be released to the public. That's why it's posted in off-topic not in Suggestions.

Also many pvp players don't like the current situation on 2238.
A lot of players who don't like pvp also complain - they in contrary are saying too many fights are going on.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:03:14 am by Misiolap »

RJ

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 10:50:25 am »

About alts and crafting cooldowns.
If it's supposed to be gang based aka no solo players then you could limit number of crafters per gang.
So for example: gang x can have one armorer, one SG crafter, one BG crafter, one EW crafter and one doctor.
"Sanity... is for the weak!"
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:39:24 am »

I thought about it, but it would let to creation of bogus satellite gangs, only to serve as crafters for for main gang.

Number of resources would be limited by the number of territories you control (i also think about a limit of sources available by collecting) - if resources will be limited there would be no need for crafting cooldows.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 18 queries.