"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 28, 2024, 11:11:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blue prints in cities  (Read 3599 times)

Re: Blue prints in cities
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 06:26:52 pm »

Then the quest to get gunrunners rep up needs to be changed. Instead of safe towns you deliver the suitcase to unsafe ones. Or you bring them something from unsafe towns.

"Hurr we want to develop some new bullets, bring us some uranium from bh"
"Bring us some detonator parts from Redding"

I suggested something that would drain the caps of players not more time. Go place X get item Y and deliver it to place Z ... very creative. What's the point ?

I don't deny that lockerhunting isn't bad but it has also its good sides. Getting past the traps and mobs is sometimes relatively fun. Only the ammount of time spent on the whole thing sucks + that you need an alt to do it.

I think i will blackout and start chewing my desk .... fun he says ... * T-888 crawls into a dark corner pierces the wall with a stale look , making weird body moves leaning forward and backward periodically *

Please ... it sucks very bad. Getting past traps is a little bit interesting at first , but after some while it becomes like any other grind. Critters you encounter are just annoying as you don't care about anything else rather than the box on the ground. Did you forget those hours staring in world map ? Or those hours wasting time on lockers what cannot be opened ?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:37:19 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 06:31:22 pm »

That'd be some really difficult quest :D

Might have been "some robot actuators from Glow", too. Or, blueprints from Enclave at night stealth mission, when you need your Sneak skill for something else than ganking newbs. Or, get 10 refined Uranium ores from Broken Hills.

Also, T-888, i didn't expect something like
T-888 crawls into a dark corner making weird body moves leaning forward and backward periodically *

from you. That's very unlike from a hardcore SoT combat chassis. Also, big factions have more than enough caps to spend.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:38:12 pm by Lizard »
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 06:39:32 pm »

Hey i got an idea how about that you can just buy them like i suggested before ?

Also, T-888, i didn't expect something like from you. That's very unlike from a hardcore SoT combat chassis. Also, big factions have more than enough caps to spend.

Hardcore , depends. Sot , yes. Combat chassis , check ... but i'm certainly not insane enough to keep farming those boxes.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:46:53 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 07:02:47 pm »

Noone forces you to farm these boxes, T-888. They're supposed to be found randomly, like the mythical US. Base Special Encounter with Gauss Rifle blueprint.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

avv

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 07:09:05 pm »

I suggested something that would drain the caps of players not more time. Go place X get item Y and deliver it to place Z ... very creative. What's the point ?

That it's unsafe location. If you have to extract something out of unsafe location, there is always risk that something unexpected happens.

Money sink is good, but money sink + player interaction is even better.

The overall downside of buying bps from npcs is that you no longer buy them from players. The whole longevity because in the end no rich player is interested in bps anymore because he has them already.
So if blueprints become easier to get, their usability should have an expiration limit to keep players always wanting blueprints. The more items we want, the longer we play. Provided those items are funny and interesting to get.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 08:49:43 pm »

Heh, Lizard I said "it'd be hard" because everyone's complaining about no detonator parts in Redding, but damn your ideas are cool!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 12:44:09 am »

That it's unsafe location. If you have to extract something out of unsafe location, there is always risk that something unexpected happens.

The only thing that might happen is you get killed while being bluesuited with 100 caps in inventory , waste of time.

Money sink is good, but money sink + player interaction is even better.

The overall downside of buying bps from npcs is that you no longer buy them from players.

Quite the opposite you would buy them from players and they would be worth much more than ever especially high tier ones , you always would have the option to go clear those boxes. Take in mind gun runners would provide a very limited amount of blueprints at a time and especially their types. Rarely would you see a sniper rifle or CA helmet blueprint for sale but when it does , it would cost hundreds of thousands. Let's say you find that CA helmet blueprint in the box , you could still make a lot of money selling it to players.

The whole longevity because in the end no rich player is interested in bps anymore because he has them already.
So if blueprints become easier to get, their usability should have an expiration limit to keep players always wanting blueprints.The more items we want, the longer we play. Provided those items are funny and interesting to get.

So do you think now is any different ? What's truly different is now getting blueprints is retarded.

Why do you want blueprints as some kind of consumable drug ? I don't understand why , more grind , more time waste. I can't believe you want those blueprints at a point where ultimate grind doesn't fit the description , i have to pay 500 k for a CA armor blueprint because my character " forgets it " once in a while. The principle is just ridiculous , like obtaining money doesn't take time already , this session especially.

The more items we want, the longer we play.

ULTIMATE ETERNAL GRIND FUK YEAH

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:48:46 am by T-888 »

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 05:26:03 pm »

1) BP for caps is bad idea. Major gangs with their exploiting ability would get advantage over solo players or small factions. There is a lot of something / caps possibilities.

Idea of BP, or any other random based feature has positive effect of clearing differences between two previous groups. Of course, that statisticaly great faction has better change to find BPs, but quality? VSB, although not biggest faction, although only part of us hunted BPs, founded first Combat Armor BP.

2) Vaults, Mariposa, but even a Necropolis.. good place to find technical BPs. Limitations? PKs, local radioation of great values (=Fallout of Nevada concept), poison, more critters. BPs in Junktown? Yes, why not. It is open for half of a day, it limites the players (they have to wait outside, or inside). Add BPs to non talking NPCs, so you can steal them.

But focus this mechanism into existing ficed locations, even guarded. There were too many features rejected because they would unpopulate cities (fixed locations), but during implementing new features they forgot it. It looks like devs are amateurs that realy dont have vision to create working MMO project. They work hard (seriously), but they dont know how (seriously). This MMO project great advantage (Fallout universe) is almost depleted without any proper replacement. So sad.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 05:57:15 pm »

1) BP for caps is bad idea. Major gangs with their exploiting ability would get advantage over solo players or small factions. There is a lot of something / caps possibilities.

Major gangs will exploit that they have more money than average solo players , 10 players will obviously have more caps than 1 player , because they work together to obtain items in a multiplayer game , well yeah that's a very bad idea what an exploit. Do you listen to yourself once in a while ? Pure logic just what many players lack.

Those suggestions of yours , i can tell you how everything that can be abused by larger gangs where it's not even funny , not to mention the work that has to be put in all that as well you can only speculate how it will work in practice , so there's no certainty that it will be provide the necessary effect the one your looking for. It will boil down to ridiculous , retarded methods what players will use to take advantage of all that.

Nothing ever can be simple in this forum ... because the players are " complicated " , no offense.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:18:32 pm by T-888 »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.