"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:16:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blue prints in cities  (Read 4268 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Blue prints in cities
« on: March 12, 2012, 06:11:39 pm »

There was a lot of beta test review of Blue prints, and a lot of suggestion. But nothing about blueprints in cities.

Why not to spawn BP in lockers, tables, chests,... in cities and other fixed locations ( guarded and unguarded towns, vaults and other fixes locations).

There could exist same or similar mechanism: use lockpick, to open doors to get in house in Broken Hills to try to find some BPs.

Why? It could bring back players into cities.. Current server is full of players who dont meet each other (except PvP and NCR Bazaar trolling).
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

avv

Re: Blue prints in cities
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 06:26:21 pm »

Fixed location is good idea. For example abandoned factory, abandoned scientific laboratory. Many locations like sierra, mariposa, vaults and such would be logical place to find blueprints BUT: they are awful places to pvp. They have grids and elevators without previews that are easy to camp. That needs to go. The maps need to be designed so that players can safely enter them but have a risk of being attacked while inside.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 01:02:55 pm »

Fixed location is good idea. For example abandoned factory, abandoned scientific laboratory. Many locations like sierra, mariposa, vaults and such would be logical place to find blueprints BUT: they are awful places to pvp. They have grids and elevators without previews that are easy to camp. That needs to go. The maps need to be designed so that players can safely enter them but have a risk of being attacked while inside.

Sierra, Mariposa etc. are hilarious in a good way for occasional PvP, turning them into serious business locations with BPs spawning at a given interval would make those battles go full retard mode. Then again, adding a new corridor and an elevator here and there shouldn't be too hard... I mean you don't even have to care about preview, scouts are good enough for that - just make every key location accessible via 2 or even 3 routes and you're pretty much golden.

avv

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 02:04:25 pm »

scouts are good enough for that - just make every key location accessible via 2 or even 3 routes and you're pretty much golden.

There's nothing you cannot do with gangs and alts. But gameplay would be much funnier if loners, pairs and small groups could go there also without having serious disadvatage against possible campers.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 03:26:03 pm »

Maybe some fix to faction points at BoS and BP's for tanker quest and some quests with bp can be added ?

Let the Force be with You.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 04:02:17 pm »

I would rather settle for something solid , reliable to work , easy to understand and implement , that i believe would satisfy most of the players. I don't see how complicating things will help , everything i read above is very plausible , it might or it might not work. Developers don't need to gamble.

Buyable blueprints at gun runners for raw cash. Blueprints for sale would be quite random and they would change time to time , let's say 3 blueprint types at a time with a fixed price and amount. Any blueprint could show up for sale , they would cost accordingly to how rare and useful they are ranging from few thousands of caps for some cattle prod BP to 500 k for a combat armor BP.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 04:05:15 pm by T-888 »

avv

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 04:23:23 pm »

Buyable blueprints at gun runners for raw cash. Blueprints for sale would be quite random and they would change time to time , let's say 3 blueprint types at a time with a fixed price and amount. Any blueprint could show up for sale , they would cost accordingly to how rare and useful they are ranging from few thousands of caps for some cattle prod BP to 500 k for a combat armor BP.

This is simple but not very interesting, unless those bps spawned in unguarded town shops. Then it'd work like buying cars. Risking big sums of caps in unsafe location which is good.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 04:25:32 pm »

This is simple but not very interesting, unless those bps spawned in unguarded town shops. Then it'd work like buying cars. Risking big sums of caps in unsafe location which is good.
I like that. Would work pretty much like buying CAs back when they couldn't be crafted.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 05:01:29 pm »

GunRunners could offer you BPs for sale with rising reputation. The more they like you, the cheaper you get them.
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 05:08:52 pm »

I like that. Would work pretty much like buying CAs back when they couldn't be crafted.

Agreed that would be very nice , but i picked gun runners for a good reason , their like the only merchants who could possess all those valuable blueprints as basicly the only weapon manufacturers in the wasteland. It's not like T-Ray would sell you CA blueprints. :)

GunRunners could offer you BPs for sale with rising reputation. The more they like you, the cheaper you get them.

Sure , why not.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:11:04 pm by T-888 »

avv

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 05:14:24 pm »

It's just the whole thing with gunrunners and raising their rep is pointless. You grind some quest to deliver suitcase in safe town and that's it. All it does is that it delays getting those bps (or workbench access) from gunrunners.
Putting good stuff in safe towns doesn't really provide us with anything interesting to play around with. You run in safe town, get the items you want and get out. Some people have shopchecker alts to see if there's anything useful because they won't bother to enter with their actual trader.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 05:31:52 pm »

Putting good stuff in safe towns doesn't really provide us with anything interesting to play around with. You run in safe town, get the items you want and get out.

It's not like farming footlockers is more entertaining , i actually can't imagine anything more degrading. So whatever as long as the blueprint distribution is by any means somehow reasonable , feature works don't argue about it. Shop checker alts or not , i bet many people will " check " gun runners for available blueprints , it might actually end up in some sort of interaction but that's not the most important aspect , i just would like to see blueprints available by reasonable means , i'm not asking anything more.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:33:43 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 05:38:14 pm »

Make blueprints both fun and let PK-trolls have their fun as well:

Gunrunners sell random blueprints for cash, but as a quest.
Every hour (or whatever) a new blueprint is randomly selected. You go talk "Hey, do you have some blueprints?" and in reply "Yeah. I have an Advanced Power Crowbar blueprint for 5000 caps, but you'll need to do me a favour if you want to buy it. Interested?"

The quest would create a public instance on the world map (yellow dot) somewhere near-ish to boneyard in town squares near the sea. You go in, kill random enemies depending on the blueprint, pick up a briefcase and return it to gunrunners. The briefcase would require 299 lockpick and contain beer so opening it would be pointless.
After you return the briefcase: "Ah! Good beer is hard to get these days. Thanks." reply "So what about that Advanced Power Crowbar?" and you can pay caps to get it. If you lose the briefcase, you have no penalty. The next hour (or whatever) when a new blueprint is selected, you can take the quest again, but you will need to pay 500 caps before. "Hey, you're that guy who lost my beer! If you want to do business you will have to pay me back for it and bring me a new case."
<Izual> Let's crash server

avv

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 05:57:05 pm »

It's not like farming footlockers is more entertaining , i actually can't imagine anything more degrading. So whatever as long as the blueprint distribution is by any means somehow reasonable , feature works don't argue about it. Shop checker alts or not , i bet many people will " check " gun runners for available blueprints , it might actually end up in some sort of interaction but that's not the most important aspect , i just would like to see blueprints available by reasonable means , i'm not asking anything more.

Then the quest to get gunrunners rep up needs to be changed. Instead of safe towns you deliver the suitcase to unsafe ones. Or you bring them something from unsafe towns.

"Hurr we want to develop some new bullets, bring us some uranium from bh"
"Bring us some detonator parts from Redding"

I don't deny that lockerhunting isn't bad but it has also its good sides. Getting past the traps and mobs is sometimes relatively fun. Only the ammount of time spent on the whole thing sucks + that you need an alt to do it.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 06:11:39 pm »

"Bring us some detonator parts from Redding"

That'd be some really difficult quest :D
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.