"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 08, 2024, 01:32:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Piece of shit game?  (Read 46523 times)

Piece of shit game?
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:19:18 pm »

Im the only one that thinks that the game has been getting worse with every update?
I think that all new things in this season has been fucked... im talking about tc, farming, crafting, combat, skills and all the things i dont want even think of.
I remember that the game was good in previus season besides a few bugs (bank sistem,inv teleport) and the one before it i remember it was great too, even when i played only the last 2 months of it.
I cant understand what the devs want to make this game of... i think it was a great game time ago and it isnt now...thats my opinnion and i would like to know what you guys the fonline community thinks.
I hope my post wont be censored because of the tittle or the things im saying, i think that what im saying is what a part of the comunnity thinks and i just want the best for this great game.

Sincerely Kalo
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:45:36 am by Kalovic »
Hello Guys :P
Re: Piece of shit game?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »

It s just a different thing from the past imho,thoug i agree with you,partially.There is no space for new players here,only bigger gangs-proxy swarm apes-very experienced guy armed with LOTS of patience might prosper.Last season was so awesome for me that every other changes might just make things get worse.

The deterioration of gear is the most tragic part.It s embarassing,really.Hard is fair,insane is stupid.

I wish i could help and teach some noobs the way of the wasteland but,heh,it s harsh enough for me.How can i think an occasional player may have fun..?
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:31:12 pm »

I cant understand what the devs want to make this game of... i think it was a great game time ago and it isnt now...thats my opinnion and i would like to know what you guys the fonline community thinks.

I think that they don't play their own game and that is explaining such sad methods and features. And furthermore, they do not have any game design to know what to do. They "try things". That's it.

avv

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 01:37:51 pm »

Only pvp is worse due to tc and fastrelogs. Getting caps in non-abuse ways is pretty hard aswell, I don't like it that you have to grind spears to get caps if you don't have tc towns. My pals grinded the sf ant quest with alts to get their first base.

Also the method to get blueprints is quite boring, I've been hunting ca and ca helmet blueprint for weeks.

There's more but screw it. Devs are developing all the time and things get fixed. Shops and tc are on the worklist atm so best just chill unless something urgently catastrophical shows up.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:42:03 pm »

Im the only one that thinks that the game has been getting worse with every update? (...)
No, you are not the only one.

I think that they don't play their own game
That is a fairly good explanation, but looking at the changes this session has brought, I would go even further than this and say that there is probably someone on the developer team who wants this server to die for some inexplicable reason, and is hence sabotaging it by introducing all these ridiculous changes that obviously aim at getting rid of the current player-base while at the same time making sure any new player ragequits almost as soon as they start playing.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:44:21 pm by Stration »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:55:00 pm »

The 2 months before the wipe are what I enjoyed the most - I played alone most of the time but it was confortable enough and not so hard. Compulsive Dedicated power-players have always dominated but it seems worse right now.

The new trading system, for example, makes it too hard for new players and/or those who do not play everyday like me. Of course, as Solar said this system is not completely done yet, so I guess I still can have some hope.

I didn't start playing this season at day 1, instead when I first logged in after the wipe, my gangmates already had some base(s?) and gear. I didn't want to leech so I am just work on my own... I only have one character and it's level 10 or 12, I don't remember. Levelling is slower and when I die I don't really feel like re-gearing and starting again.

And of course it's always frustrating to see people cheating when you want to play fairly :P

But anyway I wouldn't say this game is shit now. I guess we just have to wait for devs to fix/complete stuff.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 02:00:28 pm »

Also the method to get blueprints is quite boring, I've been hunting ca and ca helmet blueprint for weeks.

Getting caps in non-abuse ways is pretty hard aswell

Now this , yes. I agree you can't get much more ridiculous than that. Nobody will sell those CA BP , either you find it for yourself or you never have it.

Most of the factions got their first base by abusing something , that tells us something important :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:04:00 pm by T-888 »

Swarm

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 02:01:14 pm »

It isn't THAT bad. I mean sure its not easy in the least bit.

I'm afraid with them fixing TC is too little too late. Too many have quit this because of it.

The PvP is more interesting, and I mean everybody has same capability to fast relog. And the new perks bring about new strategy and differnt ways to plan out builds accordingly.

They have changed a lot of things, and I have said this bfore this game is now one bad soviet russia reversal joke. "Last wipe people made 50 alts for 1 pvp ape, new wipe 50 ape 1 crafter alt."

My impression they wanted to gear the game more towards PVE and make things less "ape" but a good portion of the players loved the fast paced PvP.

By all means the developers and GMs don't want this game to be easy, they don't want us to have carpets of gear and they want us to die over 9,000 times.

I think what is frustrating about this game is the resource depleting, and the fact that you well die ALOT drives many players away.

This game is not easily done solo its best to be in a faction or at least have a farming partner.

But for the most part, this game makes me think WTF where they thinking when they thought of...

But you know what we cried and whined for a wipe and here it is folks. The wipe and we all hate it when we so despertly wanted one the irony.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:05:42 pm by Swarm »

JovankaB

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 02:09:42 pm »

The PvP is more interesting, and I mean everybody has same capability to fast relog.

Not everyone only people who have multiple PvP characters.
Basically there is no point to participate in PvP for a casual player with 1-2 characters.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:03:51 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 02:12:56 pm »

Jovanka is right , but does anybody care about that ? Some developer ?

As far as i know i haven't heard anything official from developers about all this fast relog business.

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 02:20:30 pm »

the things i dont like about this season are:
from a non sniper SG/BG point of view, crit bypasses are completely insane. sniping weapon damage was beefed up i assume to compensate with the fact armor now reduces the roll on the crit table. and with low luck builds being very dominant according to my browsing of the character planner opera made and also the players i talk to, bypasses are a common thing. if drugs were to be craftable without blueprints i assume a possibility of builds having higher luck, but since you dont need luck to get perks anymore then what is the reason to put stat points into luck just to counter a certain build? its honestly a waste of points IMO because it doesnt benefit you i any other way other than that, unless you were to make a crit burster/rocket build. i dont understand the point of bypasses sometimes. what is the point of a helmet now? an anti bypass perk would do wonders for the anti-crit tree if it were to be combined with something like stonewall all in one perk...
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 02:36:05 pm »

The PvP is more interesting, and I mean everybody has same capability to fast relog. And the new perks bring about new strategy and differnt ways to plan out builds accordingly.

I disagree with that now build dont require special like luck and int so every char now is 10 endurance 10ag and the right other specials for the selected weapon, and making a char was more complex, about fast relog i dont like it because you can abuse of it and i dont think its a fine addition for pvp/tc.

"Last wipe people made 50 alts for 1 pvp ape, new wipe 50 ape 1 crafter alt."

Right now i have 1 crafter and the only stuff he can do is craft tier 1 sg/armor gear because of the new system, im not wasting hours to find "edible" blueprints for crafting even if they werent "edible" it would only help big factions with shared blue prints, and loners would be prejudiced.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:22:16 pm by Kalovic »
Hello Guys :P

Swarm

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 03:03:45 pm »

I don't know about you guys, but I made a sniper and I barely do any good crits. Snipers are worse this session.

35% crit chance and the average crit is 50, and it has been tested that the average damage sniper does it 50 on head shots.

I've also done testing, and the average crit is still 50 on every limb and groin. The thing that made snipers really good last wipe was knock outs, with bonehead and anti-crit perks snipers are useless.

If you don't wear a helmet, its like going in blue suit vs snipers.

I for one love fast relog, and yes I level a lot of characters so its a nice feature for me. But if anything I think they should just make it a 3 minute wait and be able to log back in when character disapears. But there was fast log cheats last wipe so whats to say that they won't pop-up agian this wipe if a fast log timer is introduced.

It is more fair for everybody to fast log, than to limit everybody's ability to fast log and cheaters get away with it this happened last wipe, the guys with fast log cheats would win becuase fair players had to wait 10 minutes.

I mean if you are making 1 luck builds and trying to start off fresh and play casual I can see the rage because you well get crit for high damage by NPCs, its best to play pve with a character that DOESN'T have 1 luck. I've made 1 luck farm build and they piss me off and I want to remake mine becuase I'm sick of critical misses and unity mutants shooting me in the groin for 250 damage. Its best not to farm and play pve with 1 luck, you well get crit less by NPCs and they won't seem so over powered. Luck is a major factor in this game.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:14:37 pm by Swarm »

avv

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 03:28:24 pm »

Another thing I'd like to underline are newest trollbuilds caused by following perks and abilities and their combination:

Heavy handed
In your face
Jinxed
High ac

Silent death grenadier is damn close to trolling. You need 2 grenades and that can kill pretty much anything if you're lucky. If fail, just come back.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 03:47:40 pm »

Silent death grenadier is damn close to trolling. You need 2 grenades and that can kill pretty much anything if you're lucky. If fail, just come back.

Silent death + plasma nades = hq trolling
they usualy do 200+ dmg from first nade and almost always get to do 2nd throw. For me it's almost the same as it was with sd + smg.
Take bluesuit sneak with 2 nades vs pvp ape with ca, avenger (...), first one is almost free troll and usualy wins that duel which is imo insane considering costs of those 2 builds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 25 queries.