"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 09, 2024, 10:35:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: We're back... Again!  (Read 24244 times)

manero

• FO:Reloaded
Re: We're back... Again!
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:59 pm »

OK... we're back again but for what? For more months without update with laggy as hell and unstable server? What is the future of 2238? I'm not going to whine but im just curious what others thinks.

Avarage number of players in May is the lowest in whole 2238 history. Less than 100... It's obvious that something is wrong.

IMO it's the best time to close this business and wish luck for devs with new projects.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:07:21 pm by manero »

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 11:40:29 pm »

IMO it's the best time to close this business and wish luck for devs with new projects.

That's also my opinion.

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 01:03:59 am »

Clearly 2238 devs have no longer passion and will to carry on. Cant blame them.
The best what they could do is to step off the scene and set whole 2238 SDK source free and open for all.
Therefore other developers could use that already made work in order to continue and develop FOnline.

Arminius

• Rat Shaman
    • arminius1453's Channel
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 03:41:54 am »

No need to "close this business", Manero, if you and similar like minded people don't like it here you can always leave for another project while we continue. What difference will closing this project make for you after all? I'd start with abandoning your forum accounts and stop posting.

187umkillass

• Everyday Iza Gunshot
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 05:26:50 am »

Most PvP players have concerns about server future. Its like a " Mayday,Mayday we goin' down". I agree with above post's.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2012, 08:01:55 am »

OK... we're back again but for what? For more months without update with laggy as hell and unstable server? What is the future of 2238? I'm not going to whine but im just curious what others thinks.

Avarage number of players in May is the lowest in whole 2238 history. Less than 100... It's obvious that something is wrong.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2012, 08:21:39 am »

I think people are finally figuring it out.... commence the exodus!

To all you RPers here in 2238, good luck.....

No need to "close this business", Manero, if you and similar like minded people don't like it here you can always leave for another project while we continue. What difference will closing this project make for you after all? I'd start with abandoning your forum accounts and stop posting.

This attitude and disdain by moderators, gms and devs for the actual playerbase is part of the problem, if you don't see it or understand it, its no surprise, it shows, daily.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:21:46 pm by Graf »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 09:52:07 am »

Just because you don't like it, they should close a server with an average of 100 players online. How typical!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:54:18 am by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

TKs-KaBoom

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2012, 10:11:22 am »

Just because you don't like it, they should close a server with an average of 100 players online. How typical!

This isn't a flame post, but you still just don't "get it".
http://www.rookie.name/fonline/playerStats.php?r=year&s=1335826861&ts=1&ar=0&step=5

This server is dying, it's days are numbered, there is no way there is enough playerbase to support the next server donation cycle, how much plainer do you need it set out before you?  I know, the typical answer is if you don't like 2238 then don't play it, message understood, taken and received.  Look at the stats, everybody else is "getting it" but you thick skulled ones.  There is no debate, this isn't an argument, you can't "win".  I've had a good run in 2238, but it's just not fun anymore.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2012, 10:40:59 am »

And what's your point then? You don't like it and a lot of players do not like it either? OK. So what? What you fail to understand is there isn't a golden rule of FOnline engine that states a minimum player amount for a server to keep running. Rotators should close FOnline because "a lot of players stopped playing"? They always said they'd keep developping it even if it was only for themselves. If a player enjoys it as well, there's no reason to tell him to go away.
I still don't get why you're here, you dislike it here, then don't come. People starting topic on websites to tell how they are bad were always trolls. :)

You're right, there's no argument because obviously there's nothing to discuss. "Players are leaving, close the server please" got to be this month's greatest joke, thanks for that!
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2012, 11:10:15 am »

You're right, there's no argument because obviously there's nothing to discuss. "Players are leaving, close the server please"

It was only my opinion so don't excite so much. Topic of my posts is:

What is the future of 2238? Im just curious what other think.

That's definietly worth discuss, you can't deny it.

For me it's really hard to understand why devs/gms can't tell us what they plan for next months.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:12:39 am by manero »
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2012, 11:40:15 am »

http://www.rookie.name/fonline/playerStats.php?r=year&s=1335826861&ts=1&ar=0&step=5

That's quite interesting to look at again. It's certainly only about 70% of what it was at the same time last year, but that's only the same amount as November / December. If you look at the other server buttons on the bottom, it's about the same amount as Requiem and slightly less than TLA mk2 - it's still one of the biggest amongst the Fonline servers as a whole. If you look at these Fonline server status checkers it's still 1st, 2nd or 3rd, depending on time of day.

It's difficult to analyse data with small numbers like that beyond "Most people play on a Sunday, least on a Friday". You could spike the numbers by +20 from something as simple as the weather being shit over the weekend and people staying in instead of going out. Was January much busier because of post-wipe excitement, or was it actually the same number of people, who were just each levelling up a few alts all day? If a bunch of the hardcore PVP players do move to other servers like the Tactics one, would fewer noobs get killed and then stay instead of ragequitting? Very long term there is a decrease, yes, but it's not indicative of a sudden mass exodus / failure / collapse / death.

The forum still seems active and the server's still there for me and 90 other people to connect to when we want to, so although there's notably fewer people there, it's still very much alive, surely?

However, I completely agree that a little bit of update info would be good. There was a period of lots of new info on the blog about "we're testing this and trying this" (which was great), but then there's been nothing new on there since March. Even if development is having a break after an epic winter period, it'd be nice to see a message to say "We're having a break, we'll be trying new things in July" or something suchlike.

TKs-KaBoom

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2012, 11:59:58 am »

No, you're obviously absolutely correct, everything is merrily working as it should, nothing to see hear, please move along.  Please accept my apologies, whatever was i thinking, crazy post midnight hourz....  Everything is so much clearer now, i only regret that some might have taken this seriously, thank god they haven't.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:23:18 pm by Graf »
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 12:28:23 pm »

Sorry guys,but fonline is a religion.You don t leave just because it sucks.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 01:13:23 pm »

It was only my opinion
I was more replying to TKS-Kaboom here :P
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 19 queries.