"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 14, 2024, 12:09:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: new anti-fast relog, sleepy characters after login  (Read 18463 times)

Re: new anti-fast relog, sleepy characters after login
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 04:15:37 pm »

My suggestion is to remove TC at all.

Let the Force be with You.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 04:35:55 pm »

The playerbase isn't your enemy.
Every GM should be required to repeat this sentence at least 100 times a day when standing in front of a mirror.

There are many, many little things like this which will make game pain in the ass wait-simulator. I personally don't know any other game which would demand from you to wait just after starting to play. If you do, please bring it up for consideration mechanics used in it.
Let's set a precedent! From now on, every game will have to have this feature! Fight the power!

Seriously though, this is a very, very bad idea. Do you really want the few players that still play this game to quit, JovankaB? Do you? Because that is what you're working towards here in this thread. I hope you are aware of that.

You should be able to use doctor/first aid still however. I often find myself relogging onto an alt that has doctor to heal my crippled limbs. I don't feel that this is too abusive
Are you serious? "Ban things I don't use, sure, but let me still do MY thing?" WOW, what an egocentric little prick you are, pardon my French. I had to read this three times before I finally believed that it really says what it says.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 04:39:41 pm »

4. Log out A. Log in crafting character B.

Well, here is your problem ;)

me neither, i dont play all day long, merly few hours per week.

JovankaB

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 04:52:42 pm »

Because of thisSome people doesn't play sessions of 5-6 and more hours a day. Some people just like to jump in. Do something. Get back to safe tent and continue some other time/day.

I don't really understand. Nobody is talking about having to play 6 hours.
You jump in, get hammer from tent/base, go to mine, and by then the sleepiness should be almost gone.
Unless you logout in the mines with mule alts...

Let's be honest, "jump in for a minute every 20 minutes" means simply... material grinding/farming.
I don't really see any gameplay value in this that should be preserved.

And stop with this GMs hate playerbase, I'm a player too and farmed hundreds of itanz myself as well ;)
Sorry but "GMs hate playerbase" "everyone will quit" is appeal to emotion not valid points in discussion...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:06:39 pm by JovankaB »

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 06:28:30 pm »

I understand what technicaly you want to implement, JovankaB, but i just dont understand, what do you want to achieve by implementing this feature. Do you think that newbies will stay in game, because they would find more resources in mines, because other players would mine less resources, because they would not be allowed to fast relog?

Am i insane or this is a suggestion from long playing gamemaster?

What players expect from multiplayer game? Players! And interaction = action. Do they get any? Not enough (because they dont stay). So problem n.1 devs, gamemasters and community should solve is to give players enough action, ideally action that involve interaction with other players. Because if anybody wants to satisfy own mining and crafting desire only, he will play minecraft, not Fonline. So shocking  :o
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 07:30:49 pm »

Fast relog should be enabled after every wipe. Ideally it eventually should be turned off, but it just makes game harder for people that dont proxy.

If somehow proxies were disabled, I would support 3 miner timer. Not a 3 minute timer on logging in, but 0 AP if a different alt is logged in. Better and easier to implement than -300 skill. Player relogs to new alt and can travel world map, talk to people...but cant do anything that involves AP.

Also TC now involves having multiple alts logged out over town. So when someone wins a battle, you can just fastlog and hop back in to finish off the winners of the first battle. Strategy to counter act that is to lvl up another set of alts to do the same thing. So then other team makes another team of alts to counter act that. Though having a team of people with 12 different alts each might be fun. Constant brutal pvp action as each char relogs and another hops right into battle. Mountains of loot!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:37:54 pm by Catoptromancy »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 07:42:17 pm »

Fast relog is one of the most useful features this era, as we have to manage two base "leaders" to add alt X or player Y to terminal. With relog timer >0 it's real pain in the arse, please not.

And for fast relogs during battles - well, cheaters gonna cheat.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 07:51:19 pm »

Fast relog is one of the most useful features this era, as we have to manage two base "leaders" to add alt X or player Y to terminal. With relog timer >0 it's real pain in the arse, please not.

You dont need AP use a terminal, talk to people for a quest, travel world map, craft(cant pick up mats though). My method allows fast relog, but player has 0 AP for 3 minutes.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 07:52:29 pm »

You dont need AP use a terminal, talk to people for a quest, travel world map, craft(cant pick up mats though). My method allows fast relog, but player has 0 AP for 3 minutes.

Yes please tb traps will pwn all :)
Or forever knockdown :D
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 07:56:44 pm »

Its not perfect. Seemed a little too easy. But not being able to do much in game is better than just waiting.

JovankaB

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 08:04:04 pm »

Or maybe reducing perception to 1 and combat skill by 50% for 5 minutes.

Even if we forget about all other aspects of multi-logging,
I think at least sleepiness nerfing combat powers right after relog is reasonable to think about.

I don't think fights should be about who gathered more alts over town...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:09:27 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 08:09:30 pm »

Or maybe reducing perception to 1 and combat skill by 50% for 5 minutes.

Even if we forget about all other aspects of multi-logging,
I think at least sleepiness nerfing combat powers right after relog is reasonable.

I don't think fights should be about who gathered more alts over town...

I honestly don't know why people are trying to argue you over this. It is completely reasonable mechanic. I think most of the people in this thread are just afraid to lose their advantage.
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 06:07:04 am »

I like the idea too although fine-tuning the penalty could be tricky.

Is it possible to make it so that you couldn't start combat (i.e. take any action that would make you go on the combat timer) but could still defend yourself if attacked (i.e. if somebody puts you on combat-time you can act freely)?.

It could still be abused by having a team-mate punch you to enable you to act, but if your actions during the 'self-defense' time didn't reset the timer then needing a teammate to punch you every 10 seconds would still be a drain on your -sides- effectiveness.

It could be justified as an adrenaline surge when your 'tired' character realizes somebody's shooting at them.

avv

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 10:21:43 am »

For pvp this feature is probably quite must or we will have fucking ridiculous pvp in this session. The login cooldown should only disable attacking for equal time it aproximately takes to spawn, regear and come back. I tested dying in reno, spawning, going to my spawnbase, grabbing stuff and driving back to reno. It took 45 seconds. Add spawntimer which is 1 minute and you got 1min 45 seconds. Since people take differend ammount of time to come back and regear and for example bh spawn is further away, the timer could be set to plain 2 minutes. This would give enough time for winning team to prepare for whatever the losers decide to send against them.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 11:03:33 am »

Thank you so much Doctor Jovanka for this suggestion.

I know limiting fast relog is very unpopular but it must be limited in some way.

New rules for pvp battles are now as follow:

=> ennemy detected in a town
=> take your time to place enough pvp alt over the map
=> launch the attack

As we are lazy, we still try to fight without alts over map
=> last night the defeat in Den was bitter

I know a game isn't meant to be realistic but to kill 3 times in a row the same character and finally die because no one lives forever (lack of ammo, Stimpacks), I find it so lame.

Of course, town control battles concern only a small part of the community and maybe fast relog is a good thing for others.

But, this new rule of bringing pvp alt over map before beginning battle, well I will farm or do small scale pvp battles until it changes.

TTTLA for a New World Order

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 26 queries.