"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:51:10 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How does combat work?  (Read 1344 times)

How does combat work?
« on: February 12, 2012, 11:10:22 am »

I'm a big fan of fallout 1, 2 and the others but how does none turn based combat work on game like fallout which was all turn based.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
Re: How does combat work?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 11:39:43 am »

So hard to just jump in encounter and see ?

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 12:03:31 pm »

I'm a big fan of fallout 1, 2 and the others but how does none turn based combat work on game like fallout which was all turn based.

It's like in Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steell, so action points still counts, real time fights are usually shorter than turn based.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 12:11:36 am »

So hard to just jump in encounter and see ?

I have and every time I get killed. I can't even kill a rat without losing half of my health. It's like Fallout 2 if you didn't choose melee weapons at the beginning.

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:59:41 am »

I have and every time I get killed. I can't even kill a rat without losing half of my health. It's like Fallout 2 if you didn't choose melee weapons at the beginning.

For low level characters it might be a bit hard.
Craft a weapon for your best skill and don't let yourself surrounded.

You can always switch to turn based in FOConfig.exe
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:02:00 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 11:28:54 pm »

For low level characters it might be a bit hard.
Craft a weapon for your best skill and don't let yourself surrounded.

You can always switch to turn based in FOConfig.exe

So lets say I put on turn based fighting but the other guy has real time fighting on. Then what?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 11:32:05 pm »

So lets say I put on turn based fighting but the other guy has real time fighting on. Then what?
That depends on whos encounter it is. If it yours and he jumps in, then it's in TB (If you are set on TB). But if you jump in to his and hes in RT(If he's playing in RT), then its in RT.

Back In-Game :D

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 01:14:14 am »

As you can see there arent really essential tips about fight in Real Time, most of the players fight clicking a lot and waiting for the enemy to get killed before themselves, and it works most of the time (but since last update, not against most NPCs).
Anyway here are some hints to fight creatures:
- Most stuff that works in TB works in RT too, things like attack NPCs in line with burst weapons to deal more damage to each one, 1hex burst killing, etc. However shot and cover doesnt works since enemyes usually swarm.
- If you are fighting many enemies at once try to go to the corner of the map (even the one with grid) this way only 3 enemyes will be able to attack you at the same time.
- Never retreath, you should choose either in flee out of the encounter or sit tight and keep shooting (even if you get sorrounded), running let critters reload his APs and also attack you while running (maybe causing the ugly moonwalk).
- Radial damage guns like grenades and rocket launchers are good for attack swarms of critters, the best way you can do this is run and let them follow you and then throw at the far critters, 1hex throwing works really good if you have enough life and FA tagged(+120HP, 80HP if youre using molotovs).
- If you have a friend you can make many funny tactics like let one be pursued by the critters while the others shoot from a safe position (wich is BETTER than 2 guys attacking at once),  or use concentrated fire and attack the deadliest enemies first (not the toughest).
- If youre new, tag Melee or Unarmed as you said, just for lvl up until you craft or farm guns for your primary combat skill, 100% is enough to deal most enemyes with Unarmed or Melee.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 24 queries.