"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 12:03:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Buff unaimed singleshots  (Read 985 times)

avv

Buff unaimed singleshots
« on: February 10, 2012, 11:23:51 am »

Singleshotter is viable in tb but in rt it is not because he can't deal damage fast enough.

Here's how it can be viable:
Every gun that has singleshot ability can stack singleshots by changing firing mode. When this attack is released, the character fires as many singleshots as he had chosen and has aps to perform. So if you got AR with fast shot, brof and 14 ap you can perform a 7x stack shot that spends all your ap. It will produce 7 ar shots that will impact the enemy in the same way as if they were separate single shots. Calculating crits and damage perks for each shot separately.
This replicates exactly how turn based fight works because if it's your turn, you can fire those 7 single shots at the enemy without him being able to move away.

To prevent the ammo panel becoming too bulky with the stacking attack types, the stack attack should be applied by alt + clicking on the panel when singleshot is selected. It could also be hotkeyed.

Animation would be the character doing the normal firing pose but sound would be the gunsound played rapidly as many times as stack shots were fired.

This should open up slots for various new character types and fighting styles.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Re: Buff unaimed singleshots
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:43:30 pm »

I like it. but put a limit on it. Eg: 3 shots.
A 14 ap plasma rifle user would be OP if he could fire all his shots in a second.
I think this would buff those singleshot users a bit, which is a welcome change. we need more viable builds out there besides BG!

avv

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:07:58 pm »

I like it. but put a limit on it. Eg: 3 shots.

Hmmyeah could be. In tb burster can fire 2 bursts with lsw but in rt we can't fire 14ap long bursts, so guess the logic should be applied to singleshots too.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:14:33 pm »

I kinda don't like the idea. TB and RT should be different. In RT you should't be able to fire single shots fast like that (TB is another story). But still if you have 14 ap you can shoot fast but you won't be able to do much damage with 10mm pistol. One my character with 14 ap and power fist with 25% critical (2 ap one hit so its 7 hits) does a plenty of damage! Or use .223 pistol with fastshot and brof and you can still do plenty of damage.

avv

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 01:21:18 pm »

I kinda don't like the idea. TB and RT should be different. In RT you should't be able to fire single shots fast like that (TB is another story). But still if you have 14 ap you can shoot fast but you won't be able to do much damage with 10mm pistol. One my character with 14 ap and power fist with 25% critical (2 ap one hit so its 7 hits) does a plenty of damage! Or use .223 pistol with fastshot and brof and you can still do plenty of damage.

I beleave that once that kind of builds start to roam hinkley and tc.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 01:27:23 pm »

I think this will sort itself out with 3D. I find it unlikely that we will be messing around with the mechanics in such a fundamental way.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 01:35:05 pm »

I beleave that once that kind of builds start to roam hinkley and tc.

I never been in hinkley, just have some chars for PvE and I can say they do plenty of damage. In PvP they are nice (group not 1v1) but nothing special

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 01:46:04 pm »

I never been in hinkley, just have some chars for PvE and I can say they do plenty of damage. In PvP they are nice (group not 1v1) but nothing special

I think their main advantage is they need very little in terms of your character, so you could load up on other perk trees. Good for medics, sneakers, whatever else who also want tank/anti crit perks - or just an uber resilient char.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 22 queries.