"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 04, 2024, 03:59:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Need small help in translation from spanish.  (Read 5056 times)

Need small help in translation from spanish.
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:33:38 pm »

Hi, I ll be really happy if someone can translete into english introduction from C. Marlowe Faust by Hugo from spanish to english. there is 37 pages from small book and this can make You, really good Translator happy (maybe) and i ll be happy if i ll be able to read Faust-Real-Life-Person small story by V. Hugo.

Small book cover :

Here is spoiler:
(text by 3 parts (20k letters leght))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:48:49 pm by Who Killed Bambi »

Let the Force be with You.
Re: Need small help in translation from spanish.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:35:55 pm »

part 2

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »

part 3. REALLY SORRY FOR DOUBLE tripple post, but text is huge.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 08:38:51 pm »

Last part :(
Text looks like this *FkanCISCO Victor Hugo ** .
This is awesome text, problem is i missed knowldge in this language and some problems with english too :) Thanks and sorry.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 10:26:41 pm »

you do it wrong hahaha, the google traslator is the real shit, the text in "spanish" dont have any sense

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 02:39:20 am »

No, i suppose that he took the text from a scanned version of the book (i believe this):
http://www.archive.org/stream/faustodrama00marl/faustodrama00marl_djvu.txt
this version has many errors, I suppose Adobe Reader wasnt created to read the book's typography because the version is from a hundred years ago (also being a Spain version it has many old forms wich i cant understand at all, or perhaps more scanning errors). I remember my mom actually had a more recent copy of this book, but its far from were am i (8 hours of travel) and probably lost.
I CAN make the traduction for you, but it'll cost you something, maybe ingame, lets say 10K? (i want a personal base ;D).  Also as you can see my english isnt perfect, but it may be a funny thing to try and learn a bit more english in the process.

PD: BTW im really busy right now at school and this is my last year, but i REALLY hate the school, and i surprise myself more interested in this stuff that in my own homework  :P. So yeah i can do it this weekend

PD: Eter: It never hurts to try, but yes it was inmature.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 03:08:41 am by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 02:48:50 am »

I will try to work on this but I'm quite busy preparing final exams for university (by the way I study literature :D)

Anyway if you have patience I might translate it *soon*. My English is not perfect but I will do my best.

I won't ask for anything in return, it's quite cool that you're interested in this, and expecting payment inside a MMORPG for this sounds kinda immature (sorry Reiniat, just being honest here).
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 02:54:04 am »

yep, i can try, but we need the original text, if you want.. hehe ::)

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 03:44:20 am »

http://www.archive.org/stream/faustodrama00marl#page/n1/mode/2up

PD: i just have attention problems and search this instead of my homework.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:35:02 am by Reiniat »

Sorry for my bad english
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 05:14:21 pm »

Thank you all guys, there is also alot faust editions and few writters at archive.org, that interpritated faust. The introduction is really great, and thisis original text :D I remember my first Faust trip at low age, and marlowe's faust from 1604 book and other books at old english is funny to read :D I was really wondered when see that 90 pages of text by Marlowe got different amount of x3 pages by other authors. And different translations and different books got different introductions and ... oh, i just cant describe my feelings :D My english is kinda poor and weird, but i ll be glad to see what does this introduction contain.
Glad you all find something interesting in this book.
:D cheers.

Also different english was seen by me in different ages of print, so faximile of 1604 and 1700+ 1800+ 1900+ books was different, even when them all was done by marlowe and editions modified old language :D

It is kinda funny to know that Faust was a living man in 1400+++ years. I was thinking that he was living in 1500+ and some books have different story about book and Faust at all in preface and comments.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:18:33 pm by Who Killed Bambi »

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 05:25:16 pm »

No, i suppose that he took the text from a scanned version of the book (i believe this):
http://www.archive.org/stream/faustodrama00marl/faustodrama00marl_djvu.txt
this version has many errors, I suppose Adobe Reader wasnt created to read the book's typography because the version is from a hundred years ago (also being a Spain version it has many old forms wich i cant understand at all, or perhaps more scanning errors). I remember my mom actually had a more recent copy of this book, but its far from were am i (8 hours of travel) and probably lost.
I CAN make the traduction for you, but it'll cost you something, maybe ingame, lets say 10K? (i want a personal base ;D).  Also as you can see my english isnt perfect, but it may be a funny thing to try and learn a bit more english in the process.

PD: BTW im really busy right now at school and this is my last year, but i REALLY hate the school, and i surprise myself more interested in this stuff that in my own homework  :P. So yeah i can do it this weekend

PD: Eter: It never hurts to try, but yes it was inmature.
Also about 50 or more versions of Faust by few writters and tons of marlowe's edition in PDF with huge yellow pages, blood, water, and i even dont know why pages so messed up and it is great :D Also library of congresse stamps at 3-10 page is really funny to see.
Pictures in books is great too. :)

Also it was possible in my 3rd world country to buy 18-19century books for about 1-5 $, now they cost about 80-and more and more and more :D
Even early 20's centyury book prices messed up by merchants and unkind merchants :D

Also if someone interested to rob google or pay for faust 2 $ i ll be happy to see some google e books too :D or link me please to versions with prewiev and free download, i remember google shared some books for free, and he spammed all by his versions :(

And i ll be glad to share 10k caps for base, Reiniat :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:34:51 pm by Who Killed Bambi »

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 03:22:09 am »

Since i dont know if the other guys are working already on this, im actually traslating 2 part. I'll take it to the school tomorrow, at last something interesting to do besides of hear my drugged teacher.

Sorry for my bad english
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 11:26:14 am »

Since i dont know if the other guys are working already on this, im actually traslating 2 part. I'll take it to the school tomorrow, at last something interesting to do besides of hear my drugged teacher.
Heh, great, thank you. I also got about 4k from yesterday, so i think i can pay this 10k soon :D

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 01:18:16 pm »

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

i m not sure i want to reply but :
i d like to see translated work if someone did that job :D
because google is nasty thing to find out this - u can try by own - there is nothing, just few texts with review about magic and typography

please, reiniat :D give me a chance to see hugo work :D

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 18 queries.