"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 10, 2024, 08:54:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Damage over Time  (Read 620 times)

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
Damage over Time
« on: February 25, 2010, 07:10:35 pm »

1. About poison:
...text spam of the poison should be removed, or have the option to filter. The average healing rate of the average player far exceeds the DoT of the poisons, even if the maximum threshold is exceeded by far. The result is just a flooded chat window, that gives no information at all, since the healing rate kills the poison anyway.
An even better solution would be to decrease the healing rate of the affected character if hes poisoned. More poison, less healing rate.

When the poison starts to inflict direct damage, there should be some indication in a form of text messages to show how much damage i am getting. Its so damn annoying to have full health(100+) then i get hit by 2 floaters 4 times in the same round, and im dead with -3 hp. Im not saying nerf the poison, these creatures should be lethal, just give me some info on how much damage i am getting. Ive read somewhere that this would result in a massive spamfest for other players. Then the info should be given to the poisoned player only. Just like the "you take damage from poison message". "You take 20 damage from poison" for example.
IMO going below 0 hp should not result in instant death. If your alone, then ofc they kill you, but in a hunting party, its just not fair. If nothing else, disable healing rate when below 0 hp, so the poison would kill the victim slowly, unless another player helps him.

2. About the flamer:
Some can argue about this, but imo the flamer is inferior compaired to other big guns. Low range, not so great damage, its not a good aoe weapon either. Even when someone takes the pyromaniac perk which adds +5 damage, it doesnt help much. I for one would not waste 1 perk to get it.
My suggestion is to improve the flamer with an added DoT effect similar to the poison, but more deadly, because it "ticks" faster and cause more damage per tick. Every shot would result in the victim suffering more damage. In TB, the victim should suffer damage every time its his turn. In RT, just do damage every few seconds.
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions

Marko69

• SLASH!
Re: Damage over Time
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 12:05:36 pm »

1 turn in tb is 5 sek in real time.

I don't like it, dmg should just be more increased, to do dmg similar to a minigun. As a low range weapon, dmg should be insane compared to other long range weapons. >_>
Anti-pk, protector of the law in wasteland.
Re: Damage over Time
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 12:13:07 pm »

Imho Fire Geckos have got a good flame attack. Flamethrower should be somewhat similar. For now flamethrower blows it's not even a decent weapon to grind lvl and it should be a killing machine from short range, especially in buildings.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 19 queries.