"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:32:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ANTI-PROXY feature  (Read 2200 times)

ANTI-PROXY feature
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:19:03 am »

Suggestions from teammates to treat proxy issue.

Jack the ripper:
- player inactive for 1min30 => Jack the ripper appears next to him and stabs him with a knife.
If the player defends himself => Jack leaves.
If not => Jack finishes the job

Answer questions:
-player inactive for 1min30 => a random simple question pops up (example: 2+2= ?)
If the player answers correctly => back to game
If not => disconnection

As for the ALT abusers isssue, Why not putting back the previous session system? (10min than 3 min to log a char).

« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:25:15 am by Cryofluid »
TTTLA for a New World Order

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Re: ANTI-PROXY feature
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 09:25:12 am »

As for the ALT abusers isssue, Why not putting back the previous session system? (10min than 3 min to log a char).
Oh fuck please no. Adding people to terminal with shared "leader" char was real pain in the arse back then. Why punish whole community because of bunch of cheating kids?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:41:48 am »

Oh fuck please no. Adding people to terminal with shared "leader" char was real pain in the arse back then. Why punish whole community because of bunch of cheating kids?

Maybe it's a pain but it's all about compromise => I think fast relog is currently killing the game

TTTLA for a New World Order

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 09:44:40 am »

Maybe it's a pain but it's all about compromise => I think fast relog is currently killing the game
And I think it's improving - I don't have to wait and wait and wait just to add yet another alt to some base or whatever.

Killing game how? You mean this PvP apeshit? I don't care, these people cheat anyway, no matter what restrictions are set.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 10:51:29 am »

Forget it, the multilog/proxy war is lost. No point flogging a dead horse, really.
Just try to enjoy the game as it is ::) With relogging in combat and armies of alts farming quests ::)
Or make a FOnline server with invitations, then you won't have cheaters. But most likely you will have empty server.

Your proposition wouldn't even help with proxies in PvP. If they stand doing nothing they do this on WM.
It would be just annoying for people who don't proxy and like to idle.
So it would be like DRM - not a problem for pirates, pain for people who buy legal games.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:02:33 am by JovankaB »

avv

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 11:22:14 am »

Previously only cheaters could fast relog. And to be honest, everyone being able to fastrelog is relieving. As long as alts are needed to perform certain tasks, fast relogging has high demand. The more single char can do, there's less need for relogging.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 11:26:10 am »

I agree with Wichura. I my opinion, 0 minutes to relog an other char is one of the improvements that make this cession better and more comfortable.
I think it should be even easier to fast relog/dual log. So everyone would have the same chances than those who use proxies and third party softwares. It would be more balanced between the cheaters and regular players.

But i like Jack the Ripper idea and the question. It would force those who play other chars to actually play them.

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 02:59:24 pm »

Man...do you really want to nerf AFK?! :D :D :D
Currently retired.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 03:03:21 pm »

This no-relog timer is an improvement, I agree with nao and Wichura. And it helps solo players much more than gangs. Most of them are using proxies and fast-relogs anyways so there's no difference for them and by this you hurt players who tries to be fair.

Suggestions from teammates to treat proxy issue.
Oh my lord! Do you want to nerf AFK? Cryo, come on...
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 04:12:33 pm »

Anti AFK Jack Ripper or question = fully agree (maybe not 1,30 but something like 10 minutes?)

10 minutes relog time = please no again. 0 min relog time is one of the most cool features this seasson.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 04:46:13 pm »

Anti AFK Jack Ripper or question = fully agree (maybe not 1,30 but something like 10 minutes?)

10 minutes relog time = please no again. 0 min relog time is one of the most cool features this seasson.
You will cry if guys from tla or requiem will come, on requiem is normal to use 4-5 pvp-alts per 1 guy.
And what about tb traps where will be few alts of 1 guy?
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 04:48:24 pm »

You will cry if guys from tla or requiem will come, on requiem is normal to use 4-5 pvp-alts per 1 guy.

No, i will not. I know very well how it is on Requiem.

0 relog time is one of the most cool features this season.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 04:50:20 pm »

AFAIK they (he) gonna be banned, as using multilog is forbidden for getting advantage over other players (mining, pvp, gathering).
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 04:55:47 pm »

So because I'm AFK waiting to gain HP I'm going to get kicked! Or I'm just looking something up on forums or Wiki or maybe IRC!

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 06:33:56 pm »

Well for now FOnline works like Fallout Tactics multiplayer - per guy 6 alts - and there it was legal.

For me It would be just pain in ass, cheaters will cheat - if you punish them hard they'll do it anyway so no point in it.
h
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 3.163 seconds with 25 queries.