"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:33:10 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lower retardation count to 2-3 and below.  (Read 1057 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Lower retardation count to 2-3 and below.
« on: January 27, 2012, 01:37:28 am »

Why?  Because, let's face it, on a scale of 1-10, 4 and 3 at least, are not totally mentally handicapped.  Hell on average 4-5 at the most, is the general intelligence in most people irl, prove me wrong look at history ;).

1-2 is mentally handicapped.  3 is like being mentally retarded (look up the definition for it btw, they're still plenty smart they just learn really really slowly) 4 could be the general lowest intelligence in any society (the guys who just never seem to make it, they just cannot learn well, or some other issue) 5 is general 6 is slightly above average etc etc.

I like how you try to make it more original but honestly imho they kind of got it wrong on the actual measuring of it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:40:24 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

SBBM

• Amerikan
Re: Low retardation count to 2-3 and below.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 02:54:39 am »

I'm unsure as to what you are suggesting here, but I'll humor you.

Why?  Because, let's face it, on a scale of 1-10, 4 and 3 at least, are not totally mentally handicapped.  Hell on average 4-5 at the most, is the general intelligence in most people irl, prove me wrong look at history ;).
On a scale of 1-10, 5 is average, making your statement senseless. And even if the "average intelligence" was 4, that would be immediately be remedied -- as in in the moment the average intelligence score dropped, it would trigger an enforcement of the aforementioned logic -- because 4 (below average) would therefore become 5 (average). You even go on to say right after the above quote, 5 is "general"... which is... synonymous of "average".

What is this?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:59:45 am by SBBM »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Low retardation count to 2-3 and below.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 04:40:10 am »

I'm unsure as to what you are suggesting here, but I'll humor you.
guess you've never made a character with lower than 5 intelligence then.

On a scale of 1-10, 5 is average, making your statement senseless. And even if the "average intelligence" was 4, that would be immediately be remedied -- as in in the moment the average intelligence score dropped, it would trigger an enforcement of the aforementioned logic -- because 4 (below average) would therefore become 5 (average). You even go on to say right after the above quote, 5 is "general"... which is... synonymous of "average".
The way these tests are made out to create an "average of intelligence" cannot truely depict average intelligence accurately because tests are flawed, but looking at history, the averaging would be lower than what I think is what the scale of 1-10 on the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system used, depicting 4 and below all under the same category of "Super duper mentally handicapped kid-man!!!!111" thus making 4-5 the "norm" and not just 5, and 3 not being mentally handicapped like you were dropped on your head as a baby..... several thousand times, that going for 4 as well.

I guess im trying to say is, in summary the intelligence scale is wrong.
If 5 is average intelligence, then 4 is hardly mentally handicapped to the point your character is depicted as "super-duper mentally handicapped kid-man!!!!111"
And 3 should only be depicted as being mentally retarded (again look it up) 1-2 intelligence, should keep the currently displayed dialogue.

BTW - try to understand what the other person is saying and not what is exactly to the sharpest point being said.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:47:46 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Re: Lower retardation count to 2-3 and below.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 07:35:53 am »

I think all what he's saying is that chars just below average (ie.. 4 only imho) shouldn't be "retarded" and talk stoopid.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 12:12:23 pm »

I think all what he's saying is that chars just below average (ie.. 4 only imho) shouldn't be "retarded" and talk stoopid.
Essentially.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 03:15:08 am »

With an average IQ of 100-110 ish I think about INT=20 IQ points, now a guy with 80 points is pretty fucking stupid but I don't think he should be punished as talking as a true retard when he's more on the edge of it  ;D
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.073 seconds with 21 queries.