"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 04:26:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My ideas on how to get/retain more players.  (Read 791 times)

My ideas on how to get/retain more players.
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:36:25 pm »

- Add some form of small tutorial (even if it's a wall of text) ingame, to have new players focused in their first steps.
Once you know that flint makes tools, tools make wood and ores and junk is found in the cities the game becomes much more interesting, but before that there's a high risk of a new player going: "I don't know what to do and everybody steals me/kills me, I quit."
Keep in mind i'm not talking about quests, I'm talking about something similar to what F1(the key, not the game) does.

- Improve the tagging system.
It's a pain in the ass to not have shared xp when you go around with people, the result of this is lvling alone, which is way more boring than lvling with people.
I don't see the problem in creating a party system, as long as killing the members in your party keeps being possible, a mutual agreement should be possible to share xp.

I believe this 2 simple things would increase the % of new players that get hooked, which is probably very little by now.

Thanks for reading my thoughts, I'd like to see this game grow.
Re: My ideas on how to get/retain more players.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:17:28 pm »

I love games where you can steal and pk. This is the greatest game since classic UO!

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
Re: My ideas on how to get/retain more players.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:35:10 pm »

Yes, you die and then quit...
Why cant you see the things in a diferent poin of view?
if you get robbed, killed, raped and insulted for no reason it means that when you get power nobody will stop you from do the same thing.
In the other hand, if you wanna be the good guy, things are easy too, just kill everyone who isnt low lvl  ;D
Thats the lovely thing about this game.

And about tutorials, this forum is full of them, also in IRC you can find fuckloads of no-lifers who are dispossed to help you. You can also join a big gang and pawn things, grow up and behave like a pro-cold-killah (that is the second thing i most hate in the game, but NOTHING stops you).

So, this game is NOT THAT HARSH, dont believe all the other guys, focus in your objective, spend time, and dont fear to die. ;)

PD: and remember, if this were a easy game and newbie friendly, then the wasteland would be full of idiotic players, just like the first days after wipe, i prefer to feel like everybody here, be little or great, won his right to play here with blood and suffer.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:38:55 pm by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.