"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 03:40:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lock box traps are lulz  (Read 1397 times)

Lock box traps are lulz
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:02:22 pm »

So lock boxes only spawn in a city scape with possible hostiles, and trapped with 40 anti-personnel frag mines.

I can't really see how a faction with larger numbers will have any trouble getting into these as opposed to a smaller faction. I think a Dev. mentioned something along those lines. But really larger factions will just farm these to all hell and back. Which does make sense.

I found 3 today in the last 15min with 1 luck just clicking on the green triangle. However I could not even open them due to mines, traps, and hostile mobs.

I'm pretty sure they are RNG; one was surrounded by frag mines with neutral mobs, another had crippling knife traps with rats, and the last one had a press gang and elronologist, I tried to make them hit the traps but I didn't have time to confirm traps.

JovankaB

Re: Lock box traps are lulz
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 05:49:55 pm »

There are urban squares with very weak mobs. As long as you can kill rats and scorpions,
you should be fine.

And you don't need a whole faction to deal with traps. You don't even need dedicated treasure
hunter character, just not a terrible HP, some healing powders and doctor skill to heal legs.

There is 40 mines but you have to go past only like 4 to get to the locker.

These "dangers" aren't as big problem, with proper items most characters can deal with them.
The real problem are locks that require you to invest +200% in lockpick skill and no advanced lockpicks.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:57:52 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 06:47:39 am »

Can I send dogs to trigger mines?
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 08:48:25 am »

It might work and that would be hilarious, do it and post results.  ;D
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:43:23 am »

Now THAT is the ingenuinity this game needs. Cruel sure but smart...
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:33:20 pm »

Done that a loooong time ago already:

Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:36:09 pm »

Yep, decent hp mercs/slaves are excellent at clearing it and you probably wont have them die.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 03:14:33 am »

I keep posting this. Sorry if anyone gets tired of seeing it:

I use a tumbler character with Lockpick 300, Luck 10, Agility 10, Perception 10 + lockpicks and Treasure Hunter support perk, and only 86 hit points. I only find lockers in populated encounters in urban areas. Some grids have only one exit. Some hostiles are so deadly, i can barely even exit before death. Some lockers are trapped. Some are empty. Some have a single bottle cap. Some have two Avenger miniguns. Some have blueprints. Results vary.

I can find 3 blueprints in 1 hour, or search for 3 hours and find nothing. Again, results vary.

Yes! You can use some traps against the enemy! I have done it several times and am getting better at it. Hostiles can be lured to run right through them if you are careful and stay calm when death is nipping at your heels at full speed. Highwaymen for example can be crippled and they will no longer be able to run. Meanwhile they just cleared some of the traps for you! Ha! "Take that, you Highwaymen!" Don't be surprised though if they survive the first pass and keep chasing you, but by then they'll be walking due to crippled legs.

If you have even just one good friend with more hit points and whose willing to put his life on the line for the cause, then this goes well with a set of radios and even better with voice chat like Mumble. If you have a bigger team, i would think having a Traps 300 guy + Luck 10 would help, having a few tough fighter types hovering over with radios would be a big plus, and having someone with high Doctor skills would top it all off.

Otherwise though, i find plans on my own too - it's just more risky.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:19:31 am by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 03:30:37 am »

Done that a loooong time ago already:

wtf men? extremraider? are you serius? dont stole my name hahaha

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 12:02:55 pm »

wtf men? extremraider? are you serius? dont stole my name hahaha
you get an e at the end :).
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 25 queries.