"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 05:44:25 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The hunt for Holy Grail  (Read 674 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
The hunt for Holy Grail
« on: February 22, 2010, 09:19:55 pm »

I suggest some very special new items.

The backstory: the BoS has been researching lately on a new advanced type of (guess what?) Power Armor.

During the field tests, the EXPA went missing along with the testers and convoy. The BoS suspects Enclave to be the involved, as the Enclave suspects BoS in a theft of their prototype DURP weapon (Depleted Uranium Railgun Projectile)

Good to know, that both prototypes have a nuclear powered location beacon that can be located with a common radio and are sealed against any manipulation, (except for temporary scrambling of location beacon with high enough Science skill)

Too bad that both parties conveniently lost those written frequencies in a most ungraceful way.

The Enclave Second Engineer Bush, who accidently flushed the note with the frequency down the toilet, was executed, before Drill Sergeant Dornan realised that the Second Engineer MAY have remembered the top secret frequency. The attempts to revive Bush's head failed, as Dr. Schroeber commented in his report: "due to initial lack of brain tissue"

The Elder of BoS was eager to demostrate his mental capabilities in front of his Brothers, burning down the only note of BoS beacon code, only to forgetting the sequence 2 seconds later. Shortly after, the operations were delayed by dozens of Paladins receiving head concussions due to careless facepalm perfomation without helmet.

For now, both parties are actively searching for their items, their second priority being to find and aquire the enemy's equipment prototype, until they FALL IN WRONG HANDS  ::)

Both items are supposed to impart TREMENDOUS combat advantages in the field, however, being unequipped, the Experimental Power Armor seem to be prone to cripple its wearer and firing DURP cause a small amount of irradiation due to lack of shielding.

As soon as the frequency is known, the beacon transmits its location on the map, wasteland, inventory or locker in a hideout or base to anyone who's listening (and willing to visit current owners).

Keep in mind, the items are as powerful as trouble-magnetic, so expect their respective and wanna-be owners to visit your base.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:21:55 pm by Alvarez »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: The hunt for Holy Grail
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:47:40 pm »

I liked the story (The Elder's eager made me laugh), but I don't think those items are really needed in game. =|
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: The hunt for Holy Grail
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 07:54:14 am »

Well, why not, that would be at least a goal for bored level21 players.

They put it on, get a King of the Hill and a public target. What is so bad about it, Izual?

It's like town dominance, but with items and the profit is different - limited personal power, bound to extreme danger.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.