"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 07:25:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: (Interface) Annoyingly annoying blinking armor DR/DT in inventory window  (Read 1311 times)

JovankaB

It's a bad design in my very humble opinion. You make interface look like it was making pranks.
You don't switch text every 3 seconds when people try to read it. Especially if you can't turn this off. OKAY?! okay.

I don't have a perfect solution, but I think rearranging the text to fit both body and head armor would be better.
There are other possibilities but this is the simplest one.

And BTW, I don't think SPECIAL is needed there at all but whatever. Ignore wrong font and lack of other info, it's just to show idea.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:14:32 am by JovankaB »

avv

Re: Annoyingly annoying blinking armor DR/DT in inventory window
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:07:04 am »

Looks good.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 12:27:40 pm »

yes..... please.  It's SO annoying.  I cannot stand it myself anymore.

This new looks good.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Glave

• Trolling de geso~
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 01:18:12 pm »

Makes my eyes bleed whenever I open the inventory.
You have received a warning due to the fact of deliberately breaching the Internet etiquette of the Fonline 2238 community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules (...)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 01:22:28 pm »

Agreed!
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 01:45:02 pm »

Agr33d in !oo%
h
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 02:03:39 pm »

Very good and simple idea. Blinking DR/DT is rather unreadable.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 05:07:25 pm »

stuff

Other than that, i would tend more to allow customization of default inventory text, and include configurable time before switching between head and body armors. It's doable, but... but it's still a temporary solution and this have dangerous tendency to become permament in 2238, what is not good :P

It's not blinking what is a major problem here, but interface - yet i don't see any other that could be used. Most of user-made interfaces, even if works great for per-player solution (as you can choose interface depending on your game style, and there is always notepad.exe and ability to edit whatever you (don't) like), are unacceptable for use as default one. There is only few which follows Fallout style, but they still put same size limits as the one we're using currently, so that's a wrong track.

Before anyone reply with "then go and make one, lazy!" - this is unlikely to happen before GUI rework, on SDK level, will happen. There is many good suggestions across this board, that we would like to add (like one of wild FixBoy threads that show up since always), but still we're limited by client itself. Here we're not, suggestion is ok, even if it slightly focus on wrong thing and gives not-so-good solution (imho); it's timing what's bad here :]
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 10:08:13 pm »

Just make so that clicking on that screen will change stats between armor and helmet.

Plus each time it's opened it'd change to another than before (so newbs won't get lost at where to find the proper stats)

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

JovankaB

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 10:15:11 pm »

Just make so that clicking on that screen will change stats between armor and helmet.

Plus each time it's opened it'd change to another than before (so newbs won't get lost at where to find the proper stats)

That would be confusing as hell, you not always open inventory to look at DR/DT.
Every single time you would have to check whether it's helmet or armor and newbs wouldn't understand why it changes.
With your proposition it should always open on the last one you had opened OR always on body.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:24:00 pm by JovankaB »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 10:19:21 pm »

I never noticed any blinking in there and therefore couldn't perceive anything as annoying, but if you say so I believe you :P. The Usage of space in your example looks better, that's why I'd like to see it too.

While we are on it, lots of stuff in the Charactersheet needs to be changed too, so we don't have to use commands to show Partypoints, the % of Anticrit defense etc. Not making it directly accessible direclty on the sheet is bad, but has its reasons Wipe pointed out.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 12:23:28 am »

That would be confusing as hell, you not always open inventory to look at DR/DT.
Every single time you would have to check whether it's helmet or armor and newbs wouldn't understand why it changes.

But they would learn fast that the screen indicates both headarmor and bodyarmor

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 07:05:14 am »

Jova that looks good :o
It should look like that.. those blinking text are annoing..

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 12:42:48 pm »

do whant
implement this soon please
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 23 queries.