"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 21, 2024, 05:04:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Merc cant trade/carry :(  (Read 1518 times)

Merc cant trade/carry :(
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:27:53 am »

Hello, i noticed that after wipe we cant trade with our mercs anymore we cant give them anything and they dont give us their stimpack unless we give them money.

This is so wrong guys come on i own a merc that is willing to fight for me and he cant carry a few of my stuff for a moment?
or he doesnt gimme hes stimpack unless i pay him with caps?

This isnt supposed to be trade this is tool to equip ur merc and supply him with stimpacks and better weapon and bullets and also its a way to make the merc usefull outside combat srsly most people buy merc just to gaurd things and help them carry stuff.

Can you please bring the merc interaction back please? ^^
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:16:15 am by Zogra »
Re: Merc trade/carry :(
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:32:18 am »

Honestly I think it's okay they don't carry all your shit but I believe they should take ammo/weapons without you giving them a cap and you should be able to take ammo and weapons from them (stimpacks too i suppose) but them not being able to carry random shit you pick up seems fine to me.  (You can get a brahmin for that or a slave or two since everyone can have a slave/brahmin now)
Re: Merc trade/carry :(
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 05:42:25 am »

Honestly I think it's okay they don't carry all your shit but I believe they should take ammo/weapons without you giving them a cap and you should be able to take ammo and weapons from them (stimpacks too i suppose) but them not being able to carry random shit you pick up seems fine to me.  (You can get a brahmin for that or a slave or two since everyone can have a slave/brahmin now)

for the price they cost and if u consider how easy u can loose them in combat or bug them and loose while moving them they should carry a few stuff for you based on their STR they should have normall carryweight and carry some stuff its not like a mobile tent (car) but its an 2k or 4k merc thats a high price only for AI phew phew with low hp....

by my opinion they should carry stuff and be able to customize their gear depending ur needs and according to their weapon proficiency ofc

btw i got good natured perk just to get 2 mercs to carry stuff for me and now i cant own any slaves or cows please fix them it hurts no1 is mercs carry a few stuff its not like they are more deadly come on...

guys consider merc as a guard and as an armored slave that is exactly what merc is useful for.
and thats why its a lot more expensive than slave and it requires a lot of party points to have him with you.

so many party points only just to put him gaurd ur tent or ur base and nothing more from him?
thats so wrong...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:47:18 am by Zogra »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Merc cant trade/carry :(
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 08:14:08 am »

Mercs not willing to trade equipment freely is nonesense in the first place.

Hey, that assault rifles ok, but maybe you'd prefer a sniper rifle?  Merc:  Ok gimme a cap.  you: uhh.. i guess thats fine.

1 hour later.  you:  Hey I need that sniper back, do you mind?  merc:  Pay me 5,000 caps for it.  you:  WHAT THE FUCK!?

Stupid :).

And besides that, they often mention "mission".....   maybe the bloody mission is to rape, pillage and haul off as much valuables as you can.  And they won't carry anything and give it back!?  INCONCIEVEABLE!  ;D

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but it needs to be changed imo.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 01:17:41 pm »

Dont have any merc yet only one companion, and Im totaly agree that they should trade like companions does.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 02:16:11 pm »

Mercs are not your friends, they are not meant to carry stuff. You should be able to give them stuff for free, for them to use, but they will not give you their stuff.

Companions are your friends, they are on your side, they should be freely trading equipment with you.

Slaves will carry what you tell them and will give you anything they own.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 02:18:03 pm »

Exactly.
see you in the boneyard
shoot me an infallible kiss

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 04:01:34 pm »

So.... is Steal disabled on mercs now?  Just plant the stuff on them, and/or steal it back with your thief alt.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 04:13:56 pm »

You pay mercenaries quite a lot of moneys, they should crawl through broken glass with their flees open if you ask them to. Carrying stuff should be the least of their worries. I know why this is being done, but explaining it with a lame theory wont help it.

Right now, with aliens abducting mercs more often than you get them to use, it quite obviously doenst matter. But it is a step in the wrong direction, we will still need mules, and we will still use them as such; whether it is combining the team with a muling follover, or just selecting the least able merc and "popping" the chest at the end by plasma beams. Its just ilogical pain in the ass, that wont solve anything, will just encourage us to find the ways around it.

At the end, its the same as saying "dont use mercs to farm stuff! youre getting too much of it!", with a difference of one retarded thing to get over. And we will have to get over it, because BG ape carries more shit than a good leader character.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 04:32:53 pm »

No, its saying bring slaves if you want to haul shit round because mercs don't care about your loot :)
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 05:11:37 pm »

hehehe.

i love you, surf, but you can be such a pain in the ass.

do we have some similiary pseudo-logical explanation for the mercs dissapearing? i would love to hear that. is it aliens? is it the everpresent fallout uncertainity? is it the fat guy from Lost eating them all?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 06:09:57 pm »

No, its saying bring slaves if you want to haul shit round because mercs don't care about your loot :)
That's bs because the loots is how the mercs would presume they get their pay-check. :p

And guess what, you join the army, you got to carry ALOT of shit, way back when especially, when looting the enemy was no. 1 concern for survival.  (im talking medieval times n shit but even modern day para-militaries as well)  You think, that if your in an army, and your leader (sergeant or whatever) tells  you to carry some shit, you're going to disobey?  FUCK NO!  Or get your fucking limbs cut off. ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:12:40 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 06:14:55 pm »

Mercs are not your friends, they are not meant to carry stuff. You should be able to give them stuff for free, for them to use, but they will not give you their stuff.

Companions are your friends, they are on your side, they should be freely trading equipment with you.

Slaves will carry what you tell them and will give you anything they own.

Sry but either you fix mercs or i quit the game for ever i rly sry i sound like a jerk but i am not trust me.

I spent like 20 days or thinking planning and rerolling all the time because u devs dont CLARIFY the exact changes.

I know you dont have to since u all work for free and i totally repsect that and i am very thankful to you for that and for making fonline 2238 come true.

But come into my place? my gang is mad with my cause i reroll char all the time i am pissed because i think 2 much and i dont play so much

And finally after all the thinking and planning i ended up with a char that is crafter with low carryweight and has 2 mercs to carry my stuff because of good natured perk.(no SLAVES TO CARRY MY STUFF)(before wipe mercs used to carry stuff and they used to carry a lot of more stuff than slaves and they could protect you also better than slaves) (thats why slave is cheap and merc is expensive and requires party points to have merc with me around)

You didnt clarify that my mercs won t be able to carry my stuff around and now i am screwed once again i lvled up my char to 12 and now i gotta reroll again? after more than 20 rerolls up to lvl 10.  NO WAY sry i rly love the game but i got RL also in order to make those 20 rerolls up to lvl 10 i lost my sleep IRL i was sleeping 12 in morning lol and i almost got sick IRL...

So if u leave it like this i quit for life and i give my 25 euro paysafe card to another game simple and cruel just like you devs.

Its supposed to be by gamers for gamers not from dictators to gamers?

You see here in forums that WE gamers in high majority are mad when we cant trade with our merc freely

You mess 2 much with the game interplay had free trade with mercs for a reason and now u ruin that please u did a lot of great things but u destroyed repair skill u made crafting rly hard with blueprints and now this we cant trade with our highly paid mercs that is unacceptable... you pay like 4k just for a stationary gaurd only? not be able to have him follow you help you salvage stuff and stuff like that? why not? people used to make low carryweight builds in order to have mercs to protect them and carry their stuff around and no1 complained about this ever

some people might complain about getting killed by mercs but who in this game would complain about mercs carrying stuff?

Even if someone is mad for that you can buy ur own merc bro and have him do the same thing for you

Look wastelands is even more harsh than it was at least we need the mercs to help us around carry stuff please think about it it cant hurt anyone srsly....

Merc and companion = they both fight for you they both carry ur stuff but merc doesnt respawn or lvl up and companion does

fair and simple dont you think?

please i beg you bring back the good old trade with mercs it cant hurt anyone like i said before its not like they are more deadly come on
a lot of people request the old trade with mercs i am not the only one please consider us and we will consider you if you ever need our help.

ps sorry if i sound angry or something it just because i rly like this game and i dont wanna stop playing it and if u leave mercs like this u dont leave me another option unless you are so kind to gimme 2 companions to carry my stuff :P

But since companion carry stuff merc should carry stuff i mean i OWN the merc if i want i can sent him to die and he just cant carry a few stuff for 2 min?
This is very strict and limited and people dont like those 2 things on F2P games
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 06:16:28 pm »

That's bs because the loots is how the mercs would presume they get their pay-check. :p

And guess what, you join the army, you got to carry ALOT of shit, way back when especially, when looting the enemy was no. 1 concern for survival.  (im talking medieval times n shit but even modern day para-militaries as well)  You think, that if your in an army, and your leader (sergeant or whatever) tells  you to carry some shit, you're going to disobey?  FUCK NO!  Or get your fucking limbs cut off. ;D

Yeah man ur tottaly right if they dont help us carry stuff they wont get paid simple and fair

They MUST help us carry stuff or you better remove mercs from game and make easier to get companion ...........

Also ye when i was in army i used to carry a LOT of stuff from ammo and guns to useless garbage i even carried humans around to get them to their gaurd posts and i never disobeyed order or ask "why i must carry this?" otherwise i would get reported and punished.

Thats what merc is for us hes a hired soldier and we are hes commander when we tell him to do something he doesnt ask or ask money to gimme hes stupid gear he OBEYS or i shoot him in da head

In my country if on war and a soldier disobeys an order military law says he must be executed without question....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:34:44 pm by Zogra »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 07:10:19 pm »

i love you, surf, but you can be such a pain in the ass.

Surf is someone other than me ;)

Zogra, see my signature.

Also, Mercs won't carry your shit anymore. Get used to it.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 18 queries.