"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 11:58:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gun Runners reputation  (Read 5245 times)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Gun Runners reputation
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 11:28:11 am »

Different quest, but it seems that this is the only way to gain reputation

No it is not. It's a one-time-only quest, which does *not* give you a reputation of 1000 so you can use the facilitie. To gain the needed 1000 reputation, you either trade with the Gunrunners, or you do the courier jobs, which is not a one-time-only thing. It is true that this needs quite some time to gain the 1000 reputation, but this is intentional- like written above, the Gunrunners facilitie is not meaned to be the default workbench to use. It's for the people who don't want to go into the pvp areas and in return they have to do some more to gain access instead of taking the risk of dying.

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 12:58:51 pm »

OK, Lexx, I get your point about "not being easily accessible", but let`s see my case. I am at work till 17:00. Assume, that I am able to play till 24:00, so that`s 7 hours. So that means I can do this delivery quest twice (as there is ~4 hour cooldown), that means 200 reputation. Cool. I started with 200, so +200 means that at the end of the day I have 400 reputation. I go to sleep. Then, when I play it the next day, my reputation is again 200 (-30 for each game day I am not playing) and I am where I was before. So how can I even achieve 1000 reputation if I am employed? :)

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 02:19:00 pm »

I'm just hoping there are other options planed and in hasty development. With my game style (no alts, no proxies, no gangs, no shared tents) it is virtually impossible to craft any 2 tire items and live to tell about it.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 05:27:02 pm »

OK, Lexx, I get your point about "not being easily accessible", but let`s see my case. I am at work till 17:00. Assume, that I am able to play till 24:00, so that`s 7 hours. So that means I can do this delivery quest twice (as there is ~4 hour cooldown), that means 200 reputation. Cool. I started with 200, so +200 means that at the end of the day I have 400 reputation. I go to sleep. Then, when I play it the next day, my reputation is again 200 (-30 for each game day I am not playing) and I am where I was before. So how can I even achieve 1000 reputation if I am employed? :)
Wake up 20 minutes early and get a courier run in before work.  That's 3 per day then.  Also I would suggest doing some trading with them too.

EDIT:  Aha! Another idea!  Leave your computer on and your character logged in while you're asleep, at work, etc.  That way you won't lose rep.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:31:29 pm by TheGreenHand »

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 07:51:56 pm »

Wake up 20 minutes early and get a courier run in before work.
Leave your computer on and your character logged in while you're asleep, at work, etc.
Thats actually impossible for me.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 08:01:00 pm »

The timeout should be 90 minutes and not 4 hours. I'll fix this.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:02:57 pm by Lexx »
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 07:35:52 pm »

If you ask me the gun runners not even safe to craft... Mariposa is safer... Gun runners always full of suiciders... so even if you have the reputation you have to run to the guy who lets you in... but in the main time you can get killed a lot of time... so if you ask me go to mariposa or lets say out gun runners sould be made so that no one alowed to hold weapons in hands.... if you have guns in hands(even in hiden hands) you will get one shoted not mathers what is your reputation the guards sould kill you on sight... even if you are a 300% sneaker... that place ment to be a safe place instead of that its a complete warzone...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:38:36 pm by Ed Wood »
Do you hear the voices too?

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 08:28:40 am »

As a solo crafter, having tried the GR courier quests and having gained access there and crafted there, Glow, Mariposa and Toxic Caves, i can tell you that from a pure risk standpoint i consider GR to be the worst option available. All you have to do is lose a courier case and it's all over. To get that crafter back on track you have to find some way to get a replacement case. People will say "so what, just level a new guy to 5 and get a case for him" but yeah that's not the kind of crap i'll go through to craft. That should carry some weight too because i'm a mining/gathering/crafting machine who is willing to put in serious time in this game. I have 10 bases now but i'm not going to stop my whole operation to get a replacement case when i know i'm only going to lose another one soon enough. Forget that.

I just now logged into my lockpicker and found 2 encounters hoping to find BP. I died on 2nd encounter due to server lag spike. So imagine my crafter delivering cases back-n-forth to SF; he will die at some point and lose a case. From there his GR rep starts dropping back down.

And GR itself? Yeah Ed said it right: war zone sometimes. I lost a case there too. It was a group of about 15 Polish guys i think, nobody speaking English (Wichura was there!) and one of them rocketed me as i was exiting. I admimt i should not have even tried with that many guys around, but the point is...it's simply too easy for that GR plan to fail. I'd rather craft at Glow and get radiated. If i get PK'd there, at least it's a PK whose working for his loot rather than camping a place that's supposed to be safer. Mariposa dogs are easy compared to GR campers. Yes PKs at Mariposa too but i can fight them there and i don't lose rep with anyone.

GR is this crafter's least favorite crafting option: time investment vs. certainty of eventual failure there + irritation to recover.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:34:10 am by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 09:37:55 pm »

If you lose a box, you can take the job again a bit later.
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 03:21:30 pm »

As i said earlier this is not the main problem here! You guys say this place is the only protected place... but its not protected at all! It sould be the same as NCR inner city where you cant equip any weapon or like in Junktown.
Do you hear the voices too?

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 03:23:39 pm »

If you lose a box, you can take the job again a bit later.

There's some good news.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »

There's some good news.
that Later means if you lost that box and got -200 karma you can take it in some real days... :>
h

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 08:12:03 pm »

that Later means if you lost that box and got -200 karma you can take it in some real days... :>

Waiting a week is preferable to making a new crafter, though.  Especially to those of us that only have one character.
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 08:31:15 am »

I am looking for someone to finish the delivery quest and others for Gun Runners :) if you are interested just pm me :)
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 09:46:18 am »

In my humble case, i achieved my reputation at GR with doing exclusively SanFrancisco runs, during the week. Yet, the necessity for doing at least 1 or 2 Hub runs a day forced me to play every day, what annoyed me, since i'm busy IRL as well - i'm a casual player.
Now the sneaker killers solved this GR issue for me, at least until the next update.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.