"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 03:22:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FOnline Pre moderated chat suggestion.  (Read 3254 times)

FOnline Pre moderated chat suggestion.
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:57:19 pm »

Simple pre-moderation request, for example map is 40x40 hex, moderators/game masters can broke 40x40 grid to 5x5 grids or 10x10 and moderate messaging by read chat and left click (prove) right click (dissaprove) or something like this.
I think it can make game more soft and clean.
Also moderation not just in town but simple encounters and map ( for exapmle TB trap or Tent follower or simple meeting at map in encounter can end by violent language ).
System like this or nearby this was used in MMORPG Lego Universe, which one is, sadly, closed now.

Reason is players often or not so often insult each other or talking nonsence and spam.

Let the Force be with You.

Surf

• это моё.
Re: FOnline Pre moderated chat suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 08:06:45 pm »

No way in the world that I (and I am pretty sure the other GMs think this way aswell) will read and approve all this stuff that is written ingame and click click click, don't even mentioning that most of the times I read what players ingame chat about is very depressing. This may be a noble suggestion but I am sure there are more elegant ways to do that.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:08:19 pm »

MMORPG Lego Universe, which one is, sadly, closed now.
Haha, no.

No... no no no....................... no. 

Whole game (1-2) has tons of dirty-mouths, and no matter how much orbits you shove in there it ain't gonna clean it so fuck no dirty-mouthness is a big part of the Fallout style.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:53:49 pm »

No way in the world that I (and I am pretty sure the other GMs think this way aswell) will read and approve all this stuff that is written ingame and click click click, don't even mentioning that most of the times I read what players ingame chat about is very depressing. This may be a noble suggestion but I am sure there are more elegant ways to do that.
As i can imagine in Lego Universe was alot moderators that passed good way to doo that job. And i a m sure that there is alot noble players, just not sure about theyr time which can allow at least moderate spam or noisy messages or at least chat in towns. It can be possible but need time resouce as i say before.

Maybe some pre-written violent words can change chat abit if not pre moderation.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:55:22 pm »

Haha, no.

Whole game (1-2) has tons of dirty-mouths, and no matter how much orbits you shove in there it ain't gonna clean it so fuck no dirty-mouthness is a big part of the Fallout style.

What you mean by *no* ? :D They announced that they going OFF at 2012.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 08:57:54 pm »

What you mean by *no* ? :D They announced that they going OFF at 2012.
I was emphasizing that it was closed because of the factor of such style of moderation.  (I know it must not be whole reason but it must be big part :) )

I was saying NO to the suggestion :D.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 08:59:21 pm »

I wish i could mute certain players , just not see what they are writing or mute everything at all.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 09:02:23 pm »

I wish i could mute certain players , just not see what they are writing or mute everything at all.

I agree and would welcome such a thing too. But as someone in a similar thread said "omg put a bullet in their head then the r dead xD" :).

Haha, no.

This is pretty funny coming from a potty mouth teenager. :) No one was talking about the usual swearing in Fallout games, but about spam, "lol nigger xD" or "your mum" shit which gets jailed whenever a GM sees it. This suggestion would (in a very non-elegant way) stop this, not the usual dirty mouth which is perfectly fine.

JovankaB

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 09:02:39 pm »

I was going to suggest a mute command.

Moderation will never work, you would need and army of desperate people and pay them real money.
I can't possibly imagine more shitty task for a GM.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:04:30 pm by JovankaB »

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 09:09:35 pm »

Games are meant to be created, not played...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.