"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 12:15:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Game Crashes Shortly After Starting  (Read 617 times)

Game Crashes Shortly After Starting
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:01:22 am »

I looked in the "I can't launch the game" thread but all of that only applies to points before I actually have my problem. When I try to run the game, it launches properly and I can get to the main menu. However, after this point, the game will shortly after a couple minutes. I'm unable to make a new character or do anything for this reason. I looked through the "I can't launch the game" thread and double-checked everything it suggested, but the problem still exists. All of my data files are in the right place.

Are there any other options I have to try to get this working?

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: Game Crashes Shortly After Starting
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 08:40:04 am »

Check your task manager (ctrl+shift+esc), and make sure, that there's no duplicate Fonline.exe processes. If there's any, terminate all of them, and try to launch the game again. I hope it will help.
Re: Game Crashes Shortly After Starting
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 09:03:34 am »

I spent two hours working on trying to figure out what the problem was, swearing at my computer, searching every inch of these forums and the internet in general, trying fixes for anything that seemed remotely related to my problem... And all it was was an extra FOnline process running.

Thank you very much. I probably would have spent another four weeks trying to figure that out.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.