Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Combat Armors - They should have Built in Radios on there helmets

Yes, Built in radios , Extra hand
No, Don't like haveing extra hand
let, Dev's Decide

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Combat Armor Imporvements  (Read 12734 times)

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
Re: Combat Armor Imporvements
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 11:24:01 am »

Don't tell me what I can't do, Raien.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:32:46 am by Frozen Mind »
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 11:30:15 am »

It is a lamp. If it would be a microphone, it's attached too high.

I think that adding radio to CA is impossible because on the picture there is not radio but a lamp. If there will be a radio on picture, then it will be easy to implement it to game engine.
Thats the main problem.

So let some skilled picture artist remove that damn lamp and make new picture with a radio atached to CA, please!

I am not skilled artist but I'd like to show my proposition:

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:50:45 am by Diegtariew »
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 11:48:46 am »

Im sorry guys, but this picture proves that only mutants might have radios.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 11:50:05 am »

This CA's picture is from Fallout D20 if I'm not mistaking, so it isn't confirmed by canon sources.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 11:52:53 am »

ever seen a "crystal set" radio? no frequency selection and very queit, background radiation would decay signal, but can be made as basic headset, possibly  make as a crude in inventory radio out of junk and mineral, short range, and can only hear, not transmit. but hears all signals at once, balances itself with crackly signal and lots of conflicting signals.
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2010, 01:07:54 pm »

NVM

If there is a radiation in Wasteland it is impossible to use a radio in such enviroment. I think that radio is useless! Let remove it from game, because it is not real that we can use radio in radiation environment!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 01:14:31 pm by Diegtariew »

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2010, 01:13:13 pm »

or you could quit speaking such shit and let the devs decide whether or not to allow the ca to have a radio, it is fallout, not real life:the game (now with extra nudity)...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2010, 01:59:56 pm »

radiation presents as background fuzz on radio signal, doesn't cut it out, radio transmission would have to be loud in order to get across, also use of word for letter codes "alpha, beta, charlie, delta" sorta stuff would be necessary
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2010, 10:09:26 am »

Unlocked, until its Decided weather to add a radio into the combat armor or not, Make 2238 Happy!
▐ Nïghtkin▐
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2010, 10:51:11 am »

Kinda like this?
▐ Nïghtkin▐
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 06:46:33 pm »

C'mon guys lets keep Voteing!
▐ Nïghtkin▐
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2010, 05:47:03 am »

Wipe is soon, Let this be implemented before wipe is here! we can do it 2238!
▐ Nïghtkin▐

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2010, 03:05:52 pm »

I totally agree with such an idea. The radios began to be interesting since the distress call has been made. Let's go ahead and make them even better. Now that we see separate helmets available after the wipe, it's easy to think about radios helmets or customized CA helmets. And of course, we immediately think about night-vision stuff and so on. Many possibilities and diversity for players. Devs liked distress call so much that they developed it really fast. I hope they will follow for this idea too  :)

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2010, 03:11:07 pm »

Cool. An internal radio that can be 'crafted into' an armor. Not bad.

Now with helmet slot we could have i.e. be able to craft a radio headset from radio and some other parts (simply a radio that could be used on the head slot instead of a hand slot). Then this radio could be attached to certain helmets or 'crafted into them' as an integral part or a removable addition.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:13:06 pm by DrapiChrust »
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2010, 03:26:14 pm »

Cool. An internal radio that can be 'crafted into' an armor. Not bad.

Now with helmet slot we could have i.e. be able to craft a radio headset from radio and some other parts (simply a radio that could be used on the head slot instead of a hand slot). Then this radio could be attached to certain helmets or 'crafted into them' as an integral part or a removable addition.
Yeah, easy, Amrored profession level N (depends by helm type, I think there will be more than just combat/PA), Combar Armor Helm (or any other helm, that will exist) + Radio + Junk/Metal Parts = the same helm but also working like radio.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 24 queries.