"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:00:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Power Armors  (Read 3224 times)

Power Armors
« on: January 09, 2012, 11:59:35 pm »

Since everyone drops armors now, will BoS and Enclown patrols drop theirs armor if i manage to kill them?

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
Re: Power Armors
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:00:17 am »

no, dogtags
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 12:02:35 am »

damn!... Then I'll continue to hunt Hub patrols for CA...
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 12:12:09 am »

also ranger armor isnt dropped.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D

The Good Doctor

• Doctor: 100%
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 03:26:00 am »

It'd be nice if they did drop power armor parts and scraps, which Armorer(2) with blueprints could craft into re-purposed tribal armor...
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 11:13:47 am »

It'd be nice if they did drop power armor parts and scraps, which Armorer(2) with blueprints could craft into re-purposed tribal armor...

I like this idea!
Maybe even let them drop parts, which Armorer(2) can use to make a new power armor which will be a custom fit. -> Introduction of 'named'/'nodrop' items. This way, there will be power armor (yay), but only wearable by the creator! Isn't that something nice for people who choose to go for the crafting path in the world?

Or perhaps this might be dangerous...

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 12:47:22 pm »

I like this idea!
Maybe even let them drop parts, which Armorer(2) can use to make a new power armor which will be a custom fit. -> Introduction of 'named'/'nodrop' items. This way, there will be power armor (yay), but only wearable by the creator! Isn't that something nice for people who choose to go for the crafting path in the world?

Or perhaps this might be dangerous...

With current requirements for crafters they could be quite a fighters as well. I don't see that working but idea of gathering pieces and recrafting them is amusing.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 12:50:55 pm »

Hmm. Yes there should be veeeeery rare blueprint in 2238.
"Power Armor blueprint"

Of course when it's "veeeeeeeeery" rare you can get it only from BoS and get enough rep with faction (+Quests or smth)
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 12:56:56 pm »

Hmm. Yes there should be veeeeery rare blueprint in 2238.
"Power Armor blueprint"

Of course when it's "veeeeeeeeery" rare you can get it only from BoS and get enough rep with faction (+Quests or smth)
Stop giving these ideas, there won't be anything like this, and you know it.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 01:31:19 pm »

Actually, that'd be pretty cool :)

(When 3d is done and a model would exist for it)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 03:28:18 pm »

With current requirements for crafters they could be quite a fighters as well. I don't see that working but idea of gathering pieces and recrafting them is amusing.

Well sure, but they won't be as dangerous as combat oriented characters. Even someone in power armor can die without too much trouble. And linking the armor to the person will make it unlootable and lost at death :)

And obtaining the pieces from enclave won't be easy, so a lot of work goes into a big protective shell. They won't be engaging in power armor combat every day I should hope.

The Good Doctor

• Doctor: 100%
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 04:32:39 pm »

Actually, that'd be pretty cool :)

(When 3d is done and a model would exist for it)

Yeah, I just keep seeing those awesome pics of tribal power armor and thought'd it'd be cool. Normal folk couldn't get the power parts to work, but I'd imagine it'd still provide decent protection between Metal Armor Mk2 and Combat Armors.

Like this:
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 05:14:02 pm »

I think there's a model of that helmet already in the 3D repo. Regarding the rest, doing a single shoulder pad would be pretty easy - though I admit I still find it strange to only protect the shoulder whilst leaving the entire torso open to bullets, fists or knives.
i.e.
"Raiders! Remember, lads : Aim for the shoulder! That's where all the body's vital organs are kept!"
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 01:02:20 pm »

Bandolier or satchel strap perhaps? Or a paldron denoting rank?
Main Menu: Shift -> Credits

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 10:46:16 pm »

Did anyone think of making the t45d power armor available (in case you don't know t45d is a shitty inferior version to the t51b and advanced power armor).
Just give it similar stats to BA and make it really weak to EMP greandes and gauss weapons.I mean at least it would finally put an end to the ''give us power armor!"topics
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 21 queries.