"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 07, 2024, 01:34:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Variable armor det ?  (Read 1343 times)

Variable armor det ?
« on: January 09, 2012, 12:06:43 pm »

Its always been illogical that a bunch of ants can gnaw down your combat armor (or its better varieties) and deteriorate it pretty fast, and even more so now after the update, as armor's condition goes down quite fast, even against rats and mantis, etc.

So, I propose that armor deterioration be variable, Armor deterioration per hit = [raw dmg received]*[Ammo/Creature Mod]*[ArmorToughnessMod]*[CriticalHitMod]*[ExtraVariables....]

Ammo/Creature Mod:
A variable to modify how much damage to armor per raw dmg is dealt.
This way, getting dealt 100 dmg from say ants, which should have a low penetration mod for a creature , should cause less deterioration to the armor as opposed to perhaps deathclaws, golden geckoes, mutated molerats, etc.The same goes for weapons, bb guns should do less dmg to armor vs. say an AP rocket, with the same amount of damage dealt.

CriticalHitMod: Ofcourse critical hits should deal more damage to armor.. This can be either a static mod number or a factor of the critical roll.

Armor ToughnessMod: Ofcourse you would expect leather to deteriorate faster than say metal, and metal faster than combat, etc..

ExtraVariables: everyting else I didn't take into consideration..
(Perhaps [OneHexIfNotMeleeMod] ?)
[PerkMod]?

This way, armor deteriorates in a more logical way...

I don't know if a system like this is already in place, but if it is, it certainly needs tweaking as it is not apparent at all from what players have experienced the last session, and this one so far.

Comments please...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:39:59 pm by 5me0 »

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
Re: Variable armor det ?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 01:51:51 pm »

I will introduce it in more practical way:

I've looted nice metal armor 93/93% (Wow!) and after fending off a pack of mantis it dropped to 58/93%... Now that is a big no no!

Stuf can't just fall apart from almost nothing so yeah i totally agree with you 5me0

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 02:07:13 pm »

Getting armors is much much easier now, there had to be a way for balancing this, it probably came as fast deteriorating armors.

Though i do agree the numbers should be changed a bit as they deteriorate extremely fast, i have noticed that i can loose a metal armor with 50 Cond. in a pair of encounters with mantis or ants.

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 03:11:06 pm »

Because Devs love Fallout New Vegas so much, I will tell you how it works there:
Armors take some portion of damage based on damage took by player, but if player takes 0 damage from an attack, then armor doesn't lose condition either.
Let's say it's 50% of damage goes to armor's condition.
If player take 10 damage, the armor will lose 5% of condition, if player takes 100 damage, the armor will lose 50% of condition.
Of course, there are armors more and less durable, so more durable armors can take 30% of player's damage to condition, while other can take 60%.
If player takes no damage, then same goes for armor.
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 12:19:58 am »

But its much easier to repair stuff this session you dont require a repair build to maintain stuff like you used to.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:58:20 am »

But you see, I am not asking for stuff to degrade slower, just in a more logical way.

While I do think armor this session is degrading faster than before, you are certainly right that it is easier to get them. But it still doesnt make it right for ants to get your combat armor down to 50% in a few seconds....

Wallace

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 02:36:46 pm »

Armor degrade rate was fine before the wipe...

Devs are just practical jokers who can't see that nerfing is a bad joke ;P (mabe not always but usually)

Roleplay!

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 12:32:24 am »

Armor degrade rate was fine before the wipe...

Devs are just practical jokers who can't see that nerfing is a bad joke ;P (mabe not always but usually)

Yeah, also before wipe when you looted from encounter player, you were like "OMG OMG OMG IT'S METAL ARMOR!!!1111ONEONE" and now? I just go to fight molerats and I can get 2 metal armors from dead bodies in 1 encounter... So now, you have shitloads of useless armors instead of few good armors, so it's kinda good experiment, but losing gear doesn't hurt that much as before. I died today in a stupid way and lost 3 metal armors, 3 metal masks and 10mm pistol - I didn't care at all :P
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

Wallace

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 03:47:51 pm »

Are you blind? 90+/90+ becomes broken after 3 fights with ants/rat/manti/other crap

That's nonsense, absurd and a broken feature...

Roleplay!
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 07:56:16 pm »

yeah I agree with this suggestion. And it's not just armor. its weapons alike. Det% is insane. I think that the best idea would be to lower the general det% rate of made armor, and keep the det% rate of looted armor the same, until you repair it once that is. This gives people a very good reason to craft armor themself but still gives regular half broken armor from encounters a decent use.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 08:13:59 pm »

I do agree, general deterioration is way too fast and that's very annoying.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 08:23:58 pm »

I just go to fight molerats and I can get 2 metal armors from dead bodies in 1 encounter

I wouldn't get used to that.

I'm not even sure what det is at the moment, sounds like its a bit high at the moment.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.