"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 08:18:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Why is it so hard to get caps?  (Read 4473 times)

JTTT

• The Toxic Avengers
Why is it so hard to get caps?
« on: January 07, 2012, 07:47:56 am »

200 10mm bullets for 200 caps? wtf is this shit?
Hard work beats talent, If talent doesn't work hard.
Re: Why is it so hard to get caps?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:55:17 am »

Make barter alt. They returned barter skill to force us to make silly 10 CH 10 IN skilled barter+outdoorsman alts.

JTTT

• The Toxic Avengers
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 07:58:12 am »

still is should be the way it use to be!! and the mining is bullshit! now you can only mine that place a certain amount of times?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 08:00:38 am »

Don't know, I noticed that they removed skill requirements for crafting ammo or 40% science is enough (I have 10 IN), so I wanted to craft some, I get metal parts from dismantling, so it's not a problem, but... powder.. I don't know how to get it, I made a sledge, checking all guarded mines, resources are always depleted.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 08:40:22 am »

It seems clear to me that guarded mines in guarded towns (obviously low tier mines) have similar if not the same "AMOUNT" of ores as HQ.  Therefore there is a huge gap...  I suggest, if this is the case, that devs speed up the regeneration of ores in 'normal' mines by at least 2 or maybe even 3 times.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 09:04:39 am »

Make barter alt. They returned barter skill to force us to make silly 10 CH 10 IN skilled barter+outdoorsman alts.

Just a hunch but have you tried to seel crafted items or mats to shops?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 09:06:21 am »

Just a hunch but have you tried to seel crafted items or mats to shops?
No, only BBs ;p
My main with low barter skill sells for 1$, 2nd level barter alt with ~110% barter skill for 3$.

Edit: Also random stuff looted from X vs Y encs for more or less adequate price.

Edit#2: Also check for traders if some idiot sold him raw wood, buy it, then turn into sharpened poles and sell again to get a profit, at least for 110% barter, probably it won't help you if your barter is 4% or something.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:15:11 am by RavenousRat »
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 10:40:50 am »

I think it's much better now. It's strange to see how everyone is a millionare in a wasteland..
My character name is Pugilist
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 12:30:15 pm »

Is there something wrong with the mines? i hit up gecko mine after about an hour two at most of it being up and couldnt get jack.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 07:02:07 pm »

I think it's much better now. It's strange to see how everyone is a millionare in a wasteland..
I agree.

Though it's little unbalanced by the fact that TC still gives out godly amounts of caps in comparison.  (I think lower it a "little" and make more of struggle  ;D)  1000 turn into 750 maybe.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

JTTT

• The Toxic Avengers
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 07:38:07 pm »

yeahh, this new mining bullshit is unreal... where ever you go all the shit has been used. So you can't even gather shit!

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 09:00:53 pm »

Play unarmed - you need nothing but armor (and maybe a powerfist). Loot NPCs, sell loot to players, buy armor. Nah, it indeed is kinda joke right now.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

JTTT

• The Toxic Avengers
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 09:49:54 pm »

yeah i think i might make an alt. Cause i have one for small guns right now but to have fun i might go make a unarmed :P

Gaizk

• -40 5mm +1 Frag
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 11:29:07 pm »

IF you let me Im gonna quote this as my signature... This is just iT, absolutely damn true that everyone owns a tent up to the brim with guns-caps-cars-armors and just restocks whenever he wants when the world was scorched by nuclear fire 2 centuries ago and not even plants are ahoy.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 11:50:56 am »

Though it's little unbalanced by the fact that TC still gives out godly amounts of caps in comparison.  (I think lower it a "little" and make more of struggle  )  1000 turn into 750 maybe.

Caps rewards from TC are much reduced. 1k is in fact the highest (other towns are less than this). The reward for TC should be more in the ammo that you get back with caps/other things as a little bonus.

There will be fewer caps around this time around.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 19 queries.