"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 07:50:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ability to make caps? YES!!!  (Read 3639 times)

ability to make caps? YES!!!
« on: December 27, 2011, 08:40:02 am »

ok ok i havnt played in a month or so but im gonna start after wipe. but i thought of a great idea! since last time i played i noticed how hard it is to obtain caps and alot of players just make bbs then sell them and get all the caps and bbs dont have much use to most. so why not make it in a balanced but still decent ratio that u can turn junk into caps! this will alow new players to get start and will help with the economy! so instead of sombody farming then try to sell and there be 10kk bbs and no caps there will be some caps and not abuncha useless bbs!

i think this would be a great and simple thing to add into the game and i would hope it would make alot of new and old players happy! :D

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: ability to make caps? YES!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 08:49:59 am »

maybe 5 caps per junk?
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:18:52 am »

yea maybe somthing like that. just a good amount so a nooby can get started and buy some hides for a tent and some guns with out to much worry of losing abunch of time and progress due to a pker lol hardest part for me is getting a dang tent lol i can never get any caps so i have to farm my hides...then when i do i always die or get pked lol and it will help the people that are needing caps for mercs or cars or w/e
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 11:49:49 am »

For gun and jacket, just go to Boneyard urban area, gather some junk, turn in BBs, sell to trader in Adytum (he can trade even with 1 CH) for 10mm pistol\smg/combat leather jacket/10mm ammo. You can do it as much as you want. Then you can also check 1 tile east and 1 tole east-south from Hub for brahmin hides for tent. Then you can hunt regulators and Hub patrol for 10mm/5mm ammo and smgs/assault rifles.
Also there're a lot 1 CH traders who always have caps, just check them all from time to time with looted crap.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 01:15:52 pm »

Ravenous got some point that caps are obtainable quiet easy now. But that is mostly due to advanced state of season and low population.

I agree that game economy definitely needs more caps sources. Current caps sources are only shitshoveling and NPC traders.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 01:41:02 pm »

Not sure if I like the idea. If you made your own paper money at home, you'd not exactly be "helping the economy", right?

In the Fallout world, perhaps it made sense in the Fallout 1 era, when the economical powers were just emerging, but by the year 2238, powers like NCR, Vault City and San Francisco must already have a "better" control on the flow of money, etc.

I admit I am no economist and that nobody knows exactly how the economy would work in such a world, but maybe someone with more knowledge can explain things better.

I do remember that in New Vegas there's a quest to destroy a machine used to create non-official bottle caps, because that was hurting the economy of the NCR.

Still, if there was a new "TCable" location, say a Nuka Cola factory, which featured machines you could make Bottle Caps with, and factions could fight over it, that'd be nice.

avv

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 01:42:43 pm »

There are players who are willing to buy materials. I'd rather encourage you to trade with them than craft caps from the mats.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 03:43:43 pm »

Not sure if I like the idea. If you made your own paper money at home, you'd not exactly be "helping the economy", right?

And how is helping economy stealing zillions of 5mm AP and running around NPC traders? right?

There are players who are willing to buy materials. I'd rather encourage you to trade with them than craft caps from the mats.

Surely some market/auction house would be great. This suggestion would also help it a little bit. It would especially help new players because there are only two caps sources. Shit shoveling and selling exploited loot by your 300% barter alt driving around in carr full of stuff. Which are pretty far from each other. Not much of caps sources in between.... Hope it changes when new quests are deployed.

But as we have seen in bank interest era. No amount of money in economy will motivate players to PvP trade in unsafe places.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 02:09:13 am »

I dont like the idea of making caps craftable because it's too easy to exploit this with alts doing nothing else but standing in front of benches all day. It's very simple to find gear as a new player. Collect brock flowers and xander root till your gathering is maxed and make weak healing powders. Alot of vendors give 40 caps a piece for these small and easy to make items. In 5 minutes you can easily make over 3k worth in weak powders which you can use to trade for anything you need. I dont get why everyone is always so stuck on caps. Trade items for items and you dont need caps all that much in the beginning. Later on when your character is stronger you can go wherever you want and easily find caps for the things you need in the later portion of the game.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 08:25:03 am »

I do remember that in New Vegas there's a quest to destroy a machine used to create non-official bottle caps, because that was hurting the economy of the NCR.

Still, if there was a new "TCable" location, say a Nuka Cola factory, which featured machines you could make Bottle Caps with, and factions could fight over it, that'd be nice.

We can already make nuka cola then drink and take the cap.

But it obviously isn't enough.

Perhaps NPCs that take caps through dialog can have their services represented as barter objects- a piece of paper representing a base or car or profession training.
You barter for it on the table like everything else.
Add a text object for "let me barter for that, I'm short on caps".

Maybe have the things cost 50% more that way, since barter items are less liquid than caps and the special sellers may prefer liquidity.

Of course then people will have to barter their lesser items at various vendors to get greater items that collectively have the needed value in a carryable weight level.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 12:59:59 pm »

I dont like the idea of making caps craftable because it's too easy to exploit this with alts doing nothing else but standing in front of benches all day. It's very simple to find gear as a new player. Collect brock flowers and xander root till your gathering is maxed and make weak healing powders. Alot of vendors give 40 caps a piece for these small and easy to make items. In 5 minutes you can easily make over 3k worth in weak powders which you can use to trade for anything you need. I dont get why everyone is always so stuck on caps. Trade items for items and you dont need caps all that much in the beginning. Later on when your character is stronger you can go wherever you want and easily find caps for the things you need in the later portion of the game.

Its not like it would make 100 caps per junk...it would make just a decent amount for new players to get started. And fyi caps are so hard to get ahold of...and let's say u finaly find a vendor with 1k caps and ur on ur way to buy ur hides or buy some guns to farm hides...then u die....now ur back at the beggining but now u don't have any caps to do shit. "Well u can make bbs" umm wats the point in having the vendores flooded with worthless bbs when they should have caps...cuz I'm not gonna farm items so I can trade them for bbs. And imo the lack of currency is 1 reason this servers population is so low...all the new players just quit lol even I did and a freakin love this game

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 01:08:56 pm »

The reason why they were chosen as official wasteland money is that the technology needed to manufacture bottle caps and paint them has been lost during the Great War, which limits the number of bottle caps that would appear in the world. That limited number also ensures to preserve their value.
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Caps
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

JovankaB

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 03:44:39 pm »

FOnline - a game where you can produce P90 from a piece of wood, junk and some metal parts but technology needed to manufacture bottle caps has been lost ;)

Besidess FOnline is much closer to Fallout2 times, we should be using golden coins already not some stinky old bottle caps! :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:50:36 pm by JovankaB »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 04:14:43 pm »

we should be using golden coins already not some stinky old bottle caps! :D
BLASPHEMY!11

How dare you!
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 04:21:23 pm »

BLASPHEMY!11

I agree. We use caps on most live actions and they are lot of fun. They make noise to lure thieves, big amounts are extremely impractical to handle, lot of fun appears when someone brings "forged" caps and especially they feel so much post-apo.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 24 queries.