"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 17, 2024, 02:14:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [IRC] Ban problem  (Read 2944 times)

[IRC] Ban problem
« on: December 26, 2011, 02:32:59 pm »

First of all... I dont know if I am posting in right section of forum... but I could not find anything better

here problem:
I was banned before 8 months or more...

reason:
I called my friend(gr1m) nigger, we use that word all the time between our selfs, and its not taken ass offense, anyway I got banned by "Wipe"

Next:
I spoked with few moderators of irc... and they were trying to unban me... and they said I am not banned at all...

I don't know what kind of ban is this:
-I have dynamic ip... so every time I reconnect I get new IP address
-My name I use name "Besmrtnik" on irc, but if I use any other name I am still banned

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: [IRC] Ban problem
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 04:36:12 pm »

That server sometimes decided to just not work correctly and random people get banned. It has happened to me twice with #2238 already (and even once with my gang's IRC!), and eventually could join the channel again. Not being able to join IRC can be unconfortable but you'll have to wait.

Frenchy

• TSAR
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 05:58:49 pm »

Yeah, It does a year Im banned from #2238, never got any responses back from staffs

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 06:05:03 pm »

It can be also mistake.
Someone from you country/IP is banned and maybe accidently you got banned too (Similar IP type)
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 08:18:09 pm »

It can be also mistake.
Someone from you country/IP is banned and maybe accidently you got banned too (Similar IP type)

how do you mean similar? my ip now is "93.136.104.76" and I cant even never connect I am not sure what is banned in my case, anyway that could not be the reason... very few people from croatia play this even if they get banned sometimes... chance of me getting their ip again is under 1%

I dont know... maybe ip of my region is banned... so even I get new IP every time I connect I am still banned... I hope some irc moderators can try something... it annoying me...
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 08:46:53 pm »

This is a record from #2238 channel ban list:
Code: [Select]
== #2238 *!*Tomislav@*.adsl.net.t-com.hr bamboo.forestnet.org 1324906503
This is a result of /whois Besmrtnik:
Code: [Select]
[forestnet] -!- Besmrtnik [~Tomislav@x-3972.adsl.net.t-com.hr]
In order to enter the channel change your hostname/IP (*.adsl.net.t-com.hr) and real name (Tomislav). However, it could be considered as avoiding the ban. You could still ask someone to remove it.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 09:31:42 pm »

I can confirm what Aquare said, youre banned, yet I wouldnt try to avoid it, Im sure some kind op will unban you.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 09:46:30 pm »

god dammit you are smart guys thanks, so I need to ask any 2238 operator to remove it right?
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 03:27:32 am »

Exactly.

gr1m055

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 12:26:53 pm »

LOL... We use the N word more times in a minute than Chris Rock does in an hour watching one of his stand up specials.

I hate the 2238 irc channel :\ I always wondered why I got banned for saying nothing. They need to fix the thing with randomly banning people.

Yeah all I can say is talk to a #2238 moderator. But good luck with that...

Don't do anything they consider ban evading, I got into an argument with the forestnet admin and almost got banned from forestnet entirely.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:19:57 am by gr1m055 »
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 02:29:39 pm »

yeah I remember now you told me that some admint threted you that you will be banend from whole forestnet becouse using proxy, thats wierd, why using proxy would be forbidden... I use proxy when connection to IRC becouse I dont have other way... but I hate to use it becouse proxy often dying or half dying so, my irc is poping out all the time, connected,disconnected,connected... it gets on my nervs thats why I want to fix it...
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 06:13:58 pm »

I didn't neither suggest changing real name nor evading ban at all. I just wrote, what kind of ban was used as Besmrtnik asked. When you connect to ForestNet, rules appear and most likely knowledge of those allows you to avoid every problem of this matter.
   About that "N" word. Books recommended as obligatory reading in some teachwares contain it and for a quite long time, no one has had any problem with it (including specific context of course). Anyway, every channel has its own rules. :)

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 07:16:07 pm »

Quote from: IRC
19:15 -!- mode/#2238 [-b *!*Tomislav@*.adsl.net.t-com.hr]
Games are meant to be created, not played...

gr1m055

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 07:42:10 am »

About that "N" word. Books recommended as obligatory reading in some teachwares contain it and for a quite long time, no one has had any problem with it (including specific context of course). Anyway, every channel has its own rules. :)

Its a racist term but we just call each other it out of humor. Its not so much the word itself its the way the word is used. In this case besmrtnik was just being funny calling me it, we call each other this all the time on our mumble trying to be funny. Its a stupid sounding word when said it sounds funny for a cuss word it doesn't have much force behind it like saying fuck or bitch. It was originally an American southern slang word for the word slave which is why it would appear in books written in earlier time periods. I guess we just get a kick out of the word just the same way as most get a kick out of the word kurwa. Were all amused by each others country's swear words :X

But generally its not a word I would say if I were acting in a professional situation, it is offensive but you know offensive words are funny and why a lot of comedians use them in their acts.

I can understand the rules against this in the IRC and using it in fonline in general, but I honestly think the admins need to stop being so ban happy and just give warnings and kick instead of resorting to a permanent ban for everything.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:11:10 pm by gr1m055 »
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 04:37:56 pm »

wipe what does your quote mean?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 23 queries.