"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:01:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hi... help!  (Read 1316 times)

Hi... help!
« on: December 20, 2011, 04:01:33 pm »

Hello, tomorrow i'll be done with my final exams so i want to give this game a try again. I've done it before like a year ago and it wasn't a very nice experience, i'll try to do my best this time.

And... well, i need help with the builds. I've always enjoyed sniper so that's what i prefer, but i don't know if that would be good in FOnline, so i'll accept to be a Big Gunner if I have to. By what i've read, i assume it's better to have a crafter AND a combat character, so how would be the build for both of them? And would u reccomend the sniper or the BG?

Thanks in advance,

Yeah, i'm a noob.

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
Re: Hi... help!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 04:33:18 pm »

There is not general best build for BigGunner, SmallGunner, Sniper... There are just builds and you will have to find which one suits best to your abilities (reaction time, how fast you click with mouse, what is your internet connection...:)
I would propose to try some builds with FCP and then try them at Hinkleys (if you wanna do PvP) or some try some raiders hunting (PvE).
It took me more than half a year to find a build that suits me;)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 05:36:23 pm »

Depending on your level of experience you may want to join up with a player friendly group. It will make things much easier, especially if you plan on making more than one character.

You can try GN13, here http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=19445.0

If you don't like the taste of the Kool Aid, you can PM me on here and I'll do what I can.

I'll put a few builds together after work.
Iguana Pete's sister

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 06:55:10 pm »

GN13 doesn't drink Kool Aid. They drink beer, vodka, rum and wine. They don't even have any soda pop. (You should remember that, Wind_Drift, from your Anti-GN13 infiltration op.)

The GN13 forum has some good builds for a newer group. Facundo, to play this game to its fullest, you might end up with over a dozen characters. So how you restart this game depends on what you want to do: do you want to fight with a team in Town Control? That's PvP and you're wise to build a sniper, but it needs to be juuuuuuust right, and no matter what PvP build you pick, it needs to be a drug build to be the most competitive. Think Buffout.

Otherwise just for having fun against critters and NPCs, you can skip the drugs and do just fine. Wind_Drift's advice is good: find a helpful team (GN13 is one of them) and things go much better.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 01:02:05 am »

GN13 doesn't drink Kool Aid. They drink beer, vodka, rum and wine. They don't even have any soda pop. (You should remember that, Wind_Drift, from your Anti-GN13 infiltration op.)

It's just an expression.  Let me rephrase:

"If you don't find what you're looking for, PM me and I'll try to help."
Iguana Pete's sister

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 04:09:33 am »

Well, yeah, i'lle take the sniper, but don't know which way would be the best... if a small guns, energy or big guns sniper, as there are snipers in these 3 kind of weapons... i think that the small guns isnt very powerful, considering that i'd like it to be made for PvP. So shall it be bozar or laser rifle?

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 05:17:43 am »

Well, yeah, i'lle take the sniper, but don't know which way would be the best... if a small guns, energy or big guns sniper, as there are snipers in these 3 kind of weapons... i think that the small guns isnt very powerful, considering that i'd like it to be made for PvP. So shall it be bozar or laser rifle?

you cant do big guns sniper unless you somehow have bozars. if you have that many to spare. how about selling me one?
bozars are rare doubt you have one.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 12:55:22 pm »

I didn't know it couldn't be crafted :P

So.. i'm asking for an easy one, a small guns sniper, totally made for PvP, if i have to craft or buy or something, i'll create another character for that. Any tips for the build?

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 04:06:14 pm »

go with a sniper or rocket launcer user they are both highly used in tc/pvp. look on forum there are many many builds in here and all are diffrent, take a look at some and pick one.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 04:07:39 pm »

First off make a jack of all trades character, one who can craft but also do a reasonable bit of fighting. Once you have established some trusted friends and acquired a good amount of medium level gear then make a pure pvp character. Small guns is the easiest to start out with as the weapons are much more common whilst the early big gun weapon (flamer) is a crock of crap.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 05:05:56 pm »

For first char do a SmallGun burster. I am restarting to play as a "loner" and gathering my stuff from encounters.

Here is my build (for TurnBased and will use jet, drug that anyone can find in encounters):

ST6 (-2)  Jet                        Traits:                        Perks:
PE7                                    SmallFrame                 lvl3 - Awarenes
EN4                                    Kamikaze                      6 - Bonus Move
CH1                                                                      9 - Bonus Move
IN7                                                                      12 - LifeGiver
AG10                                                                    15 - Bonus Rate of Fire
LK6                                                                       18 - Action Boy
                                                                            21 - ?

Tags: Smallgun, Outdoorsman and First Aid.

Action Points: 13 + 4 AP only for moving. Total 17 AP.
I'm not saying its the best build, but I'm liking to play.

[Edit~]
Also, if you want help. Send P.M.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:26:08 pm by _Youkai_ »
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 08:09:22 pm »

I didn't know it couldn't be crafted :P

So.. i'm asking for an easy one, a small guns sniper, totally made for PvP, if i have to craft or buy or something, i'll create another character for that. Any tips for the build?

Since other people apparently can't read...

ST 1
PE 9
EN 4
CH 1
IN 7
AG 9
LK 10

Small Frame, Good Natured

Tag Small Guns, First Aid, and Doc

Uses cigarettes, nuka cola, and Jet.

Perks:
Toughness/Awareness
More Critical
More Critical
Better Critical
Lifegiver
Weapon Handling
Sharpshooter

Put small guns to about 220, FA to about 125, and Doc to about 100.  Doc and FA need to be in increments of 100, 125, 150, etc.  Anything in between is a waste on cooldown.

Run the build through the planner a few times before you make it.
Iguana Pete's sister

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 09:03:38 pm »

Since other people apparently can't read...

You right, I only read the first post and tried to help.
Anyway... hope my post help another newbie.
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 03:25:34 am »

Thanks to everyone, this helped a lot.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.