"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 12:18:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: missing stuff. hard to explain. X-FILES shit  (Read 423 times)

missing stuff. hard to explain. X-FILES shit
« on: December 19, 2011, 07:21:21 pm »

I have a interesting story to tell, it's a true story too.

Today I encountered some guy near Reno. He was just standing near a pile of stuff and two cars, a scout and a buggy. I didin't have anything valuable with me so I decieded to try my luck and fight him. Suprisingly he didin't do a thing when I was shooting him and it took me a few shots before I killed him. I figured he was afk and started packing stuff into the trunk of the scout, since I already have a buggy. I managed to pack 2 BA's when another guy showed up, so I quickly drove away to my base.

Now, few hours later I logged back and one of the BA's I was wearing was missing and I was still alive standing in my base exactly where I logged off but without the armor. As far as I know it's impossible to take off someones armor unless he died and respawned. The scout with the other BA was also missng from my base.

The car might got stolen by my friend, but that's hardly possible. But the BA I was wearing sure as hell couldn't be taken from my back.

Can someone explain to me how is this shit possible?

TL:DR
and for those who think it's too long and didin't read it, I have a shortened version: my armor dissapeared from my armor slot while I was logged off and I didin't die. What the fuck?
Re: missing stuff. hard to explain. X-FILES shit
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 07:23:10 pm »

Armor made in China Hinkley.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 07:43:50 pm »

i cant beleive people still dont know about hinkley bug.  :-\
any armor taken from hinkley will disappear same with weapon if it is wore. after you logout (3-10min time) it will gone.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:25:14 pm »

Never heard about the hinkley bug, I don't play too often lately. That explains the missing armor.
As for the car: looks like I was wrong and my friend did borrow it. Now I got it back and the second BA is still in the trunk. I wonder if it's also from hinkley.
Thanks for the explanation.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 05:06:09 am »

Try to repair it.  If you can't, its fake.

Of course it will still work, but stow it in a container when not in use.
Iguana Pete's sister

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 18 queries.