"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:31:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Spam filter?  (Read 1092 times)

Spam filter?
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:37:38 pm »

Hi!

Some random guy endlessly shouting in NCR gave me the idea that there should be some spam filter for chat messages. What I mean, there should be some time limit between two chat messages from the same player and that limit should be doubled(/tripled/whatever) when the chat message is the same.
I also suggest limiting the login retries per time interval. For example 1/5 secs.

Both of these should be client sided filters, for the sake of saving server resources for more useful things.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Spam filter?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 03:53:32 pm »

5 seconds sounds fine for me.
That will reduces spam greatly.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 06:19:17 pm »

What I mean, there should be some time limit between two chat messages from the same player and that limit should be doubled(/tripled/whatever) when the chat message is the same.
This doesnt add nothing. The adding of limit. Because if i type "Fuck off!" or "Fuck Off!" or "Fuck  off!" are all different messenges with different characters. So, when i agree to this suggestion, i'm just saying that adding a higher limit if message is the same is pointless, because you can avoid it easily.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 04:50:48 pm »

This doesnt add nothing. The adding of limit. Because if i type "Fuck off!" or "Fuck Off!" or "Fuck  off!" are all different messenges with different characters. So, when i agree to this suggestion, i'm just saying that adding a higher limit if message is the same is pointless, because you can avoid it easily.

I don't think it would be hard to program it to be non case sensitive. To think about it neither should be hard to program some comparison routine that would make avoiding this filter not worth cause the extra time needed for changing messages.
But then again, a simple spam filter would still be nice and probably sufficent enough.
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 11:31:40 pm »

Would the Wasteland have a magic noise filter?

Someone yelling in NCR would not be magically silenced, unless the guards beat him up.

Just suicide-burst the prick.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 01:17:37 am »

Someone yelling in NCR would not be magically silenced, unless the guards beat him up.
Hey, that's actually a nice idea. If someone yell shit too much, guards beat the shit out of him!
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 01:23:39 am »

Hey, that's actually a nice idea. If someone yell shit too much, guards beat the shit out of him!

Similar when your blocking pathways , you get some message " you better shut up " or something like that , if you don't then one guard leaves you with 0 hp :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:25:18 am by T-888 »

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 02:43:35 am »

Aint bad at all, i think devs should consider it for upcoming wipe.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.