"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:29:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Let the AP regenerate during action animation  (Read 1048 times)

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
Let the AP regenerate during action animation
« on: December 15, 2011, 04:53:45 pm »

Right now during Real Time whenever you perform some action some AP get drained, animation starts and AP start to regenerate when animation ends... and that is weird.

AP drain already signifies an action... not letting AP regenerate is like cost for each action was doubled (more less)

This could be resolved in 2 ways:

1 All action animations should last appropriately long for their AP cost (compared to alt's max AP)

2 Let AP regenerate during action animation (perhaps slowing down AP regen rate for balance)

It is especially visible (and bothersome) during crafting, rotgut making, organizing items, etc. (make an action, wait, make action, run, wait for AP regenerate again... D'uh!

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
Re: Let the AP regenerate during action animation
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 12:59:38 am »

Well that feature of ap not regenerating during animation is really stupid but i dont think that it should become priority anytime soon.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 09:34:38 am »

Depends about what animations are you talking , if you suggest to do it with all animations well then we might have a problem here.

I really wouldn't mind if the animation delay is erased for such actions as picking up items , using animations(fa/steal/lockpick animations etc. etc.) since they wouldn't have any major effect on the game play as i see , just some " utility tweaks ".Each time you shoot , run , walk , reload a weapon , use a SS , switch weapon slot , equip a item those are all animations and by erasing the delay it would result into a boost of action point regeneration in overall as there wouldn't be any delay and a constant action point regeneration would take place.

This game is already fast paced and aggressive in real time when it goes for the terms of combat , were not forced to walk and each player is no mercenarie militia compared to other servers.

One question to developers , is the action point regeneration speed the same it was in the original fallout tactics (witch was the first series of fallout to introduce CTB - continues turn based mode as we know real time ) or was it increased to compensate the animation delay , or just plainly increased ?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:45:51 am by T-888 »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 11:49:25 am »

All your APs regenerate in 5 seconds, whether you have 4 maximum APs or 12. Thus, the more AP you have, the faster is the regeneration per point. (10 AP max => 2 ap per second).

On the thread note, maybe lowering AP usage for utility actions might be better and easier to do.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:51:14 am by Sarakin »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 12:14:51 pm »

All your APs regenerate in 5 seconds, whether you have 4 maximum APs or 12. Thus, the more AP you have, the faster is the regeneration per point. (10 AP max => 2 ap per second).

I am aware of that , but the question remains the same , is the speed equal to what it was in fallout tactics ?

On the thread note, maybe lowering AP usage for utility actions might be better and easier to do.

The suggestion is to allow AP regeneration while executing animations so that the regeneration would be constant , fluid no matter what the animation. Utility actions are only a part from all anims that cost AP and delay the regen , some animations just delay the regeneration for a second or two but don't cost anything , picking up an item , switching item slots. I'm sure you are aware of that.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:17:40 pm by T-888 »

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 07:32:51 pm »

Well i wrote 2 above examples pointing to the first one as inferior one and suggesting the latter really

Well i suppose a zero cost in utility animations could do the trick...

I'd be glad if some testing on this (as well as on AP regen) would be availible for someone else than devs... (so i could check it myself)

Animations i'm talking about are conneted with living in a base...; managing (picking up/dropping) items/ rotgut making/ witching hands, etc...

The PvP area could stay the same... as i don't care much about it...

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.445 seconds with 27 queries.