"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 01:26:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Disassembling  (Read 2552 times)

avv

Disassembling
« on: December 17, 2011, 08:35:35 pm »

Here's the deal: even with 300science, disassembler and luck 10 you get quite a little from disassembling gear. So it basically forces everyone to make an alt with those settings (or whatever settings incase I missed something) or dismantling gear is not much of a use. It's going to be like barter used to be: get 300barter char or sell stuff with a loss.
What will happen is that every stuff hoarding gang or dedicated player will have his dismantler alt in his base and every now and then when they have hoarded all sorts of items that they find useless they will (fast)relog to that dismantler who takes care of those items. This char will never leave the base, he's like a recycling machine.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Re: Disassembling
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 08:54:25 pm »

I've never found dismantling to be much use... seems you're better off hoarding stuff and going on selling runs when you can.

I was curious as to whether you can obtain good metal parts or HQ alloys from dismantling with a high enough skill... again, not that it matters, just build a tent next to gecko mine and load it up with sledges, grab a sledge and go in bluesuit from time to time and your HQ problems are over?

I see what you're saying but I personally don't see the point to a 300-science guy alt, it kinda sounds like a waste of time to me :/

avv

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 09:16:42 pm »

I see what you're saying but I personally don't see the point to a 300-science guy alt, it kinda sounds like a waste of time to me :/

Npcs drop alot of beyond repair armors, which can still be disassembled for hq mats.

Remember that 300science doesn't equal lvl24. Once the science is capped, the character is ready. So it's going to be INT10 plus skilled char.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 09:23:42 pm »

Oh my fault, I didn't realize this was in the CBT section heh. My bad

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 10:43:36 pm »

So what do you propose ?
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

avv

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 12:22:42 am »

So what do you propose ?

There's nothing that can be done as long as skillpoints are how they are: combat and noncombat. I could write a 500 word rant about it but better not. Least we have some use for beyond repair items in next session.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 03:30:30 am »

Haven't tried the higher science dismantling, but the lower end seems to be pretty fair. I dismantled about 7 or 8 of the metal armors laying around NCR and got one HQ material on two separate occasions. It seems that the amount of recovered materials and success rate needs to scale a bit faster with higher skill. But it should taper off at the end, where the success at 200 is not much less than 300. To prevent alts, maybe we'd even need something like a bell curve, where there's a good median range, but the lowest and highest values don't change much.

gr1m055

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 04:23:41 am »

I don't see how this is a problem. It makes it sound like a science characters is a lot more useful than using science for trolling.
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 04:56:00 am »

i dont know if npc will drop their armors after die...well if so then we will be swarmed by beyond repair pa and apa ;]

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 05:06:21 am »

i dont know if npc will drop their armors after die...well if so then we will be swarmed by beyond repair pa and apa ;]
NPCs drops armors.... Except anklav and BoS dudes. Tested already ;p
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 05:38:10 pm »

I made such alt (in FO not closed beta) almost solely for that purpose (a non combatant armorer)
and just hit 290 science with it so i'm telling you IT IS a waste of time cuz you get way too little stuff back (even from brand new items)

BTW is LK in any way related to how much you get? (coz that's seems like absurd - you eighter know how to perform some scientific process or you dont... luck is not an issue imho)

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Saumax

• The one who challenges the sun
    • NRA Forum
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 10:31:16 am »

imo there should be a simple formula for this:
(science * gear condition (0,25=25% 1,00=100% ect ect)) / 3
and we have in % how much material we get in return but i think all items should have their own disassembling table
Mr. T używa kastetów ponieważ siła uderzenia przeciwnika gołą pięścią jest zbyt duża.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 01:07:50 pm »

Linear disassembling function will just feed alting behaviour. We need root or logarithm functions to better evaluate skill gain, e.g. the more SP you put, the less you gain.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

avv

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 02:50:08 pm »

Honestly the biggest flaw here and basically in every skillpoint related matter is the insane cap, which is 300.

If science works like Sarakin suggested, it'd still have more comfortable to make that science alt and use him as garbage recycler.
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 03:28:49 pm »

Disassembling depending on skill can be changed:
1) For disassembling you need to hold tools in hand.
2) Tools will be more or less expensive, but not-so-easy to get.
3) Each time you disassemble something, there's a chance that tool will be destroyed.
4) The higher skill, the less chance for tool to be destroyed.
5) Also the better item, the higher chance, or else disassembling mausers and other low tier stuff will be less effective than not disassembling at all.
6) Really, tools should be a little pain in ass to craft/get.

So, if you're rich and can afford a lot tools, or killing crafters and have a lot their tools, or just a crafter and have a lot tools, you don't need 300% science alt much.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.