"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 09:55:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Where are apk factions when needed??  (Read 3669 times)

OXXON

• I need some bubble gum, im sick of kicking ass
Where are apk factions when needed??
« on: December 06, 2011, 07:00:53 pm »

i mean it, im sick of arriving a town and see it filled with pks camping near spawn spots. and now i had to see Vortis taken over by pks and like 20 guards dead and no one puts together a party to kick em out once for all. Thats ok in Not guarded towns,i got used to it, but NCR? they shouldnt be able to step on ncr.  >:( >:( >:(
and as far as i know( i may be wrong) theres no way to give ana larm to other apk factions to get to the place and burst `em in the ass.

i dont want to be offensive at all, just sayin.

avv

Re: Where are apk factions when needed??
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 07:06:21 pm »

Because safe towns are terrible place to do pvp. You shoot someone and the whole town is after you. Those pks there probably just figured something out that takes some time to figure out so they know how to abuse it.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 07:08:18 pm »

No such thing as an APK. Got killed a lot of times by TTTLA member for no reason. APK= UNDERCOVER PKS.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 07:18:49 pm »

Shhh... Do not put TTTLA and APK words together. Otherwise, they'll come and post things that scare me. >:C
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 07:55:22 pm »

You can add this screen, sorry for bad "T", some moron started to loot it while I was doing "E" and I forgot to fix letter after I fixed him.

Because safe towns are terrible place to do pvp. You shoot someone and the whole town is after you. Those pks there probably just figured something out that takes some time to figure out so they know how to abuse it.
You just need to know guarded town mechanic, and it's not hard, you can safely kill them all alone with sniper build if you noticed them killing innocents, just use guards for your purpose and cower behind them, their only choice is flee on exit grid, where you continue sniping them until they die, actually to stop Vortis camping you only need 1 APK, not gang.

Oh and yes, I consider campers all, who is grey named and situated at Vortis or around it and I'm saving citizens of NCR from these innocent evil bluesuiters PKs!
Also I hope Mabus will read this thread and return to play.

OXXON

• I need some bubble gum, im sick of kicking ass
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 09:07:08 pm »

GReat Screenshot, definetly one of the best ive seen lol

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 09:45:56 pm »

VSB wait on WIPE.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 12:00:12 am »

Oh my , just learn to communicate with " apk " , inform them and i'm sure someone will come to aid.

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 12:10:22 am »

There is a powerful clan of apk in fonline, when you feel sad or wronged, run to the nearest guy with a cirillic name and tell him your trouble, he will surely say tag me and then he will guide you to a safe haven

But if you leave again the respawn area, this time ll be your fault

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 12:49:29 am »

Not so many so-called APKs cares about southern issues. It's more about "We are against those who killing any non-faction guys on side in their territories". The faction who more or less cares about the things in the south was the Crazy 88 but I don't know how active are they now. There's some new guys called The Outcasts. You might try contact with them. The Lawyers (known as TTTLA) aren't APK or something. The fact, that their enemies are mainly people refered as "PKrs" by the major wasteland population dosen't make them APKs.
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 04:37:48 am »

Generally, this is correct.

Other times we just don't care, that's why "suicide bursting" is so commonplace.  We can grab another disposable SMG, 10 rounds, and head right back.

The only way to stop this would be a change in game mechanics.

Any player who relies on someone else for his own "safety" is going to be disappointed anyway.

OP, it's your job to look out for yourself.  Not C88, Lawyers, or Outcasts.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:39:20 am by Wind_Drift »
Iguana Pete's sister

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 06:20:39 am »

Nobody puts a team together to fight the PKs? Well...you try it! I'll join your team for some fun in...let's say...Hub! We'll be [temporarily] known as the "guys who fight lawlessness at Hub" and then guess what - every PK jackass in the world will start frequenting the Hub for more more more! Hub will turn into the next interesting PvP place to be and the PKs would win day after day. Know why? Not only because the bad guys outnumber the good guys, but because the game is coded such to lend itself heavily toward the worst behavior possible. I'm saying it's EASY to be a ruthless murdering PK. The big challenge is to NOT be one. Just like in RL - if you try to do something really good, nearly the entire world will oppose you.

So try getting in their heads - figure them out, don't be scared away when you realize there is diabolical brilliance in the seemingly hopeless wasteland that is their mentality. I mean, they are bad people but they are smart. Some of them have excellent vocabulary and grammar. Some have degrees. Some have really killed people for real, and some are movie star wannabes. They figure out the "game mechanics" and exploit every way to kill you dead, no questions.

Word on the street is...the developers like it this way. The idea of "newbie protection" has been rejected over and over, and it wouldn't fix much anyway. OX, i'm with ya, let's try something, but let's be realistic: we cannot win - only extend how long it takes to lose, and that's not your fault - it's the "game mechanics". Then again, maybe simply doing our best to fight them is winning. Ah definitions...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 06:24:13 am by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 01:48:28 pm »

At once - please read it and remember.
Stop throwing shit about APK and other shit.
Its just "name" not real thing. Noone can be anti-player killer -> when player kills other player its player killing right?
APKS are just people who do not shoot(at least) on sight every player that comes to the city to make a trade or simple things like mine.
Taking the name of APK is shame for you - factions , you shouldnt even use it - instead tell that you are more helpers or defenders (some kind of brotherhood or guardians). That would be more "normal".
And please stop this shit about apk because its boring and out of cool flame.
Throwing meat everywhere isnt good trolling imo.
I hope that someone will understand it.
h
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 04:42:39 pm »

Tomowolf, i am proud we have some smart ones like you  ;)
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 01:25:19 am »

fun fact, it's not the apk's themselves that made their label shit, it were the trolls on the forum.

anywy, nobody of the aforementioned gangs really goes anywhere south of reno. However, it has been proven that the Gecko merc traps were always cleared out. Mostly by tttla, but I've also joined hawks in these actions before.

basically, a few pk's in ncr are not worth it to get everyone rolling down south, but if there's serious trouble you should still try to come to irc, you can reach members of any gang in #2238.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.