"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 21, 2024, 04:06:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Door block Issue  (Read 1474 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Door block Issue
« on: February 16, 2010, 04:45:42 pm »

I would like to say that the door block is too rude. why? It happend today. I was just walking around, then opened 1 door. My phone started ringing. The phone is in my other room so I just calmly walk pick up the phone. I end talking on the phone, and what happend? I'm dead! I was like wtf, but then looked thru the messages. I lost all my money! I was just about to buy new stuff! who the f*** was like:'' Hey that dude ain't moving, lets kill him and everybody gets what they want from him.'' why can't you just teleport??? huh?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
Re: Door block Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 05:08:20 pm »

I would like to say that the door block is too rude. why? It happend today. I was just walking around, then opened 1 door. My phone started ringing. The phone is in my other room so I just calmly walk pick up the phone. I end talking on the phone, and what happend? I'm dead! I was like wtf, but then looked thru the messages. I lost all my money! I was just about to buy new stuff! who the f*** was like:'' Hey that dude ain't moving, lets kill him and everybody gets what they want from him.'' why can't you just teleport??? huh?

True, sometimes you lag, sometimes other players block you in a doorway with both sides so you can't move... May be it'll be better to make a strong push at 2-3 hexes from a door? Also at Hub, the trader near iguana-bob, sometimes he standing in ...not so good position, so you need to stay in the tent's doorway to trade with him, you can come closer, of couse, but you need each time to watch it, or be tagged.

Edit: But as i know, it'll be hard to move blocker? Because you need to script each doorway one by one?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:10:21 pm by UbiValkin »
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 05:19:18 pm »

What is the difference, from other players point of view, between someone that goes in the doorway, blocks it, then go speaking on the phone, and someone that blocks the doorway on purpose ?
You just need to learn not to stay in doorways, I mean, you wouldn't do it in real life =P That antiblocking script is quite fine, you can't imagine how it was before =(
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 05:04:48 pm »

True you don't stand in doorways in real life, even if you do, then people can go by you! You wanna say, f*** cell phone, must get out of the freaking doorway in Fonline first? Yes, it would be very nice if the player who is blocking just gets teleported. Another idea - Blockers can be bypassed (you can go through them)
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 09:04:52 am »

Another idea - Blockers can be bypassed (you can go through them)

I think there's a bigger issue with walking through people. Otherwise the moonwalking that results from two players colliding should be able to be eliminated too. And this also poses a lot of other issues in different areas of the game. Like if you had 1 AP and were standing next to an enemy. You could literally walk into them and use them as cover.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.