"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:28:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Guards shoot lock pickers in guarded towns.  (Read 1930 times)

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Suggestion: Guards shoot lock pickers in guarded towns.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 10:06:57 pm »

I suggest that guards first just start shout about fail lockpick and, if that happens many times then guards start shoot.
But then the chances are still in favor of the lockpicker with 300% skill successfully getting the car. The risk in your situation would still make it so that no one would bother to do this, and doing something like a caravan tent or getting a tent alt would still be much more beneficial. And even if the lockpicker fails multiple times and gets shot, they'll just come back. Death means nothing.

It would be more beneficial if, in order to even go to the parking lot, you need to pay & park your car there, and if you fail to lockpick a car, you are automatically shot and you are "shoot-on-sight" by the guards in the parking lot for, say, 3 days (out of game), and the lockpicker's car is deleted. So the lockpicker is surely risking something. It's still problematic though because, knowing human nature, people are going to do whatever it takes to get the 100% secure method. And the in-game fee should be quite low so that people don't just get a caravan tent for each of their alts.

But as for just parking a car in a normal guarded city map, assuming no "parking lot" feature is ever going to see the light, I also agree with Ulrek that guards would shoot people who attempt to lockpick. It would at least make it better than the way it is now.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:09:32 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.68 seconds with 27 queries.